PDA

View Full Version : DM500HD Mini USB

markshore
3rd May, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hi have read a few post about the mini usb port to power hdd for example saying that it will not work as it is not powered, I was just wondering if the lead was plugged into a powered usb hub and then for example a memory stick was plugged into the hub would this work as power is supplied by the hub.
The standard Type A to type B (the normal output lead of a usb hub) to to connect to the hub and modify the lead
http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/technical/usbwiring.html

Regards
Mark

benny/9
3rd May, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hi have read a few post about the mini usb port to power hdd for example saying that it will not work as it is not powered, I was just wondering if the lead was plugged into a powered usb hub and then for example a memory stick was plugged into the hub would this work as power is supplied by the hub.

Regards
Mark
why not use the esata port for hdd also there is tut
on how to add a external standard usb port,
but it will void your warranty and if your not good
at soldering you could also do damage here's the tut
take a look

markshore
3rd May, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi using the esata for hdd at the moment was just looking at tring to add usb support without modding the box by changing the lead on the usb from type A to B (type A on the standard to mini usb lead and type B on most usb hubs so any usb sticks etc should be powered by the hub) just an idea as the whole problem is that the mini usb on the DM500HD supplies no power.
Regards
Mark

enmistiko
15th August, 2011, 05:37 PM
did you try using the powered usb hub? is it working?

thanks
Pambos

seanyboy81
21st November, 2011, 09:38 PM
I got a 2tb extrenal hd with esata and works great with the dm 500HD well worth getting u can pick them up on ebay pretty cheap