PDA

View Full Version : A bug ?, one for Team Vix team :-)

dell_xps
3rd May, 2011, 09:09 PM
Since updating to the latest drivers Rubber Duck I've noticed that when my VU+ comes out of stanby the channel it is on has no audio, if I select another channel there is audio again.
I have my box set to do epg updates at 6am, and thought it was something to do with this, as it does the exact same thing, no audio when the TV is switched on.
I'm not 100% sure if it's a Vu+ bug or something to do with a new Panasonic TV I got on Friday ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cactikid
3rd May, 2011, 09:25 PM
sometimes i have to press my audio button and select a different stream,dont want the narrator talking.

dell_xps
3rd May, 2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah thats normal m8, once you have restarted enigma it defaults back to original audio settings, so anything you have changed ie the audio streams it defualts back to the narrated streams.
Would be nice if they could sort this, bit of a pain changing the audio channels every time you restart enigma :-)

RuberDuck
3rd May, 2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah thats normal m8, once you have restarted enigma it defaults back to original audio settings, so anything you have changed ie the audio streams it defualts back to the narrated streams.
Would be nice if they could sort this, bit of a pain changing the audio channels every time you restart enigma :-)

well the drivers are direct from Vu them selves and have nothing to do with VIX as such. i can pass this bug report on for you see what the rest of the team say as this is the first time any one has reported this type of bug and i know all the VIX testers with DUO's have these drivers on their boxes.

lincsat
3rd May, 2011, 10:53 PM
ViX does have the option for preferred audio. Menu-setup-system. I have English at 1 and Original at 2.

RuberDuck
3rd May, 2011, 11:05 PM
ViX does have the option for preferred audio. Menu-setup-system. I have English at 1 and Original at 2.

yes you are correct it does but the op is saying this is a bug that only surfaced after using the newly released Vu drivers from 29.04.11

lincsat
3rd May, 2011, 11:14 PM
yes you are correct it does but the op is saying this is a bug that only surfaced after using the newly released Vu drivers from 29.04.11

But it's got to be worth a try :)

RuberDuck
3rd May, 2011, 11:20 PM
But it's got to be worth a try :)

absolutely, this is how we find bugs and resolutions etc. no harm in trying.

dell_xps
4th May, 2011, 08:37 AM
Will give it a go today lads, report back my findings,
cheers :-)

mdt
20th May, 2011, 01:56 PM
Will give it a go today lads, report back my findings,
cheers :-)

did it work?? regards mdt

dell_xps
20th May, 2011, 09:01 PM
I did what Lincsat said, didnt work, put it back to normal then never had problem again, strange one me thinks :-)
Cheers anyway guys.

alec
24th May, 2011, 05:52 PM
That is only a minor irritation, when there is no sound, having to select another audio source. But the EPG is brill on the Vix 2.1. Having backup my old image settings to the Hard drive, it was quick and easy to put this on. After loading this on, it asked if I want to put on save settings. It put these on without any problems.

alec
26th May, 2011, 09:41 PM
With the Audio on the Vix 2.1 . I found if I don't want the sound effect of Ac3: watching news ect. If I put the AC3 downmix to on, you don't have the no sound problem, when changing channels. And just put the AC3 downmix to off, when watching a film with sound effects. Playing with this version the last few days, it is a bit buggy.