PDA

View Full Version : Trying to update to new FW

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

please put me out of misery! Openbox been working just fine since I got it in September, but with talk of better HD quality I thought I ought to upgrade - wish I'd not bothered!

FW seems to have upgraded ok, but I can't get my line back in.

I know I had to put it in last time as a newcamd.list file, and I dumped it to USB before upgrading, but when I try to load it back in, the scan isn't finding anything.

There are new menu options for Newcamd Server etc, but I don't want that! I just want to put my line back, and watch a bit of telly!

I've spent all evening looking for a solution, but can't get anything to work - can anyone spell it out for me in plain english?

Happy to reinstall FW from beginning if its easier.

I have a fixed dish, on 28.2e so just need basics - if you can point me in the direction of the right files (utd channel list anyone?!) I'd be hugely grateful.

Cheers gang, hope someone can help me out here before I go mad.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it" - hmmmm....maybe I should have thought of that earlier!

hooley
5th May, 2011, 10:22 PM
I assume you are using a cfg file?
Have you used it before?

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi Hooley,

well, yes and no. The line I have starts with N: and last time I entered it (January) I couldnt get it to work with ccam settings, so had to put it in as newcamd.list file, and it worked ok.

Buggered if I can do it now though! I've just tried putting it in manually as ccam and newcamd but still getting scrambled channels, despite provider confirming the line is up.

That COULD be the issue I suppose, but they said the line is up & running so who knows.....

moulee2009
5th May, 2011, 10:52 PM
You can always type it in manually , this is what i do with my N:

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 10:57 PM
You can always type it in manually , this is what i do with my N:

Tried that too mate!

So far I have the N: line entered as CCcam.cfg and in the MGCamd as a newcamd.list file, once entered manually and once from USB.

Strangely, the newcamd.list file contains exactly the same line as I typed in manually, but on screen it lists the server address as a number rather than the name of the server.

It couldn't be that I put the N: line in several different places thats causing the problem could it?

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 11:09 PM
Bit more progress....

It seems I can put the N: line in as a ccam.cfg file, and it's showing on screen.

It says "offline", so I click ACTIVE and the tick appears, then "offline" changes to "login", but only for a second - then it goes back to "offline".

Does this suggest its a problem at the server end?

SG8
5th May, 2011, 11:18 PM
Did you reboot the box after making the line active ?

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 11:27 PM
I did mate, but actually it seems its not getting chance to activate, as it goes back to Offline with a second of pressing the green button to activate it

citygent1911
5th May, 2011, 11:33 PM
SORTED!

Looks like it was the server, as all is well now.

Just got to find a nice channel list file now ;)

Thanks to everyone for your help

CG

hooley
6th May, 2011, 12:42 AM
SORTED!

Looks like it was the server, as all is well now.

Just got to find a nice channel list file now ;)

Thanks to everyone for your help

CG
Nice one, good man. Enjoy