PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

williboy
6th May, 2011, 10:35 PM
Can I ask all the professional technicians out there for some advice?
I am going to buy a new laptop it will be a 32 bit system running Windows 7.
Before I buy the laptop I can you tell me if the diagnostic software I am currently running on xp be compatible with Windows 7 ?
I currently have CAT ET 2010, PTT 1.12. ServiceMaxx, Incite 7.4, DDDL 7.6 + 6.46, Bendix, Allison, Road Ranger.

Thank you all in advance.

ddmech
6th May, 2011, 11:49 PM
Im running everything but ptt 1.12 on my new laptop,win 7 32 bit.So far Ive not not had any problems at all exept the volvo.Im having trouble with it on everything Ive got!

joshplianfield
7th May, 2011, 08:04 PM
I got all the heavy truck programs on my 7 laptop except servicemaxx (giving me trouble), but it does work on another 7 laptop fine, why, no clue

blackdragon125
8th May, 2011, 06:39 PM
Same here I got everything working fine but ptt but I would recommend windows 7 ultimate it seems to work better with everything and has more options for like compatibility modes.

drizzt4321
9th May, 2011, 12:18 AM
I think if you run Win7 Home ServiceMaxx does not work ... But does under Win7 Pro.

My advice would be to just format your new laptop and split the hard drive... Install Win XP Pro on one for your diagnostics, and Win7 on the other partition for home/personal use.

williboy
13th May, 2011, 02:14 AM
Make sure you have java version 6 update 10 or update 11 installed, if the java updated then servicemaxx will not work, it is not compatible with anything above update update 10 or 11.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SingleVariationTypeFilter

I think if you run Win7 Home ServiceMaxx does not work ... But does under Win7 Pro.

My advice would be to just format your new laptop and split the hard drive... Install Win XP Pro on one for your diagnostics, and Win7 on the other partition for home/personal use.

transinter
28th July, 2011, 08:51 PM
please .. someone managed to install. calterm to win 7

Please I need your help

r3gill
6th November, 2011, 03:55 AM
you can have windows 7 system with windows xp at same time for all the programs that need xp.
1. buy windows 7 laptop
2. Upgrade to windows 7 ultimate if yours in anything less.
3. Go to Microsft website and install windows xp compatibilty mode(virtual machine)Download Windows XP Mode (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx)
4. Now you can run windows xp within windows 7and use xp for all the programs.

spannermonkey
6th November, 2011, 08:58 AM
calterm will not work with xp compatability mode, but in the calterm thread there is a number of modified calterm programs to run on windows 7, just have a look ive seen it post at least 3 times