PDA

View Full Version : help with dreamboxedit

patch
7th May, 2011, 01:07 PM
can someone please help me . i want to delete some channels from my dm500hd (sky box office etc) . i am able to upload my channels from dm500hd to dreambox edit , and they appear in the left and right hand columns i.e. services and bouquets . i select the satellite 28.2 in the first column and highlight the box offices channels then right click and delete them but how do i send the rest of the channels back to the dm500hd ? ive clicked "reload settings to box" but the box office channels still appear on my tv channel list . can some kind person please give a step by step guide . i have read the help section in dreamboxedit . thanks

benny/9
7th May, 2011, 04:02 PM
can someone please help me . i want to delete some channels from my dm500hd (sky box office etc) . i am able to upload my channels from dm500hd to dreambox edit , and they appear in the left and right hand columns i.e. services and bouquets . i select the satellite 28.2 in the first column and highlight the box offices channels then right click and delete them but how do i send the rest of the channels back to the dm500hd ? ive clicked "reload settings to box" but the box office channels still appear on my tv channel list . can some kind person please give a step by step guide . i have read the help section in dreamboxedit . thanks
if you dont want to use the dreanboxedit you can deleate
the channels on the receiver, if you get the list of chns on the screen then press the menu button and a small panel opens with various choices like deleate or move etc just click deleate on the channels you want to remove

patch
7th May, 2011, 05:22 PM
i thought i could delete using remote but when i press menu button the box that opens doesnt have a delete option in it , there is an option to add to bouquet and a couple of others but no delete . im running pli 1 image . i can get the delete option if i press the up arrow to show channel list , then the blue for favs , then menu button , but because im in favs i can only delete bouquets . thanks

benny/9
7th May, 2011, 07:18 PM
i thought i could delete using remote but when i press menu button the box that opens doesnt have a delete option in it , there is an option to add to bouquet and a couple of others but no delete . im running pli 1 image . i can get the delete option if i press the up arrow to show channel list , then the blue for favs , then menu button , but because im in favs i can only delete bouquets . thanks
i think it says [remove] and not deleate
click that and the channel will deleate

patch
8th May, 2011, 11:56 AM
theres no remove . just 4 options show tp info, set as start up channel , add service to bouquet, back .
ive tried again with dbedit and ive saved channels to a folder , then opened folder and deleted channels i dont want in the left hand column of dbedit , saved the changes and sent file back to dm500hd , but the channels ive deleted are still there .its doin my head in

benny/9
8th May, 2011, 12:37 PM
theres no remove . just 4 options show tp info, set as start up channel , add service to bouquet, back .
ive tried again with dbedit and ive saved channels to a folder , then opened folder and deleted channels i dont want in the left hand column of dbedit , saved the changes and sent file back to dm500hd , but the channels ive deleted are still there .its doin my head in
i use the edg nemesis 2.2 image and there extra server for all the extra
items thats needed and all the features are on this image
to deleate a channel or service with the dreamboxedit
you open the editor load your chn list select the sat
that you want to remove channels from then in the left hand
pane [services] you go to the chn or service you want to remove
if there is a group of chns together you can highlight the group then
right click on it or the group of chns and from the panel that opens choose deleate service [s]del or if you wish to remove the channels from choose dealeate service from all bouquets, see if this works for you if it does what you want then just reload the list on the dm500hd

patch
8th May, 2011, 12:52 PM
thats exactly how ive done it , i deleted them from left hand panel and they deleted ok, then click save , then sent back to dreambox , but they are still in the channel list on the tv , i will delete the bouquet in the right hand panel that contains the box office channels and see if that works ( may be there still in channel list because they are still contained in the bouquet?). thanks for your help