PDA

View Full Version : Installing 2 dreamboxes

horsegun
22nd April, 2008, 09:15 PM
Hello

Just wondered if it is a problem to setup and run 2 dreamboxes split off the same line.

I have a dreambox in the lounge and would like one upstairs and would ideally look towards watching different channels at the same time.

Firstly is this possible of the same line and are the cable supplier able to tell if I am doing this?

Cheers

smirnoff_rules
22nd April, 2008, 09:19 PM
yes no problem m8 . no talk back on dreamboxs

Devilfish
22nd April, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yip, you'll get all the channels on both boxes and you can watch different channels on both boxes.

horsegun
22nd April, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the quick responses.

Is there liable to be any issues trying to get them to record/communicate to the same PC or network HDD?

Devilfish
22nd April, 2008, 10:09 PM
None that I can see.

As long as they both have different ip addresses and identicle mount settings they should be fine.

Neil
22nd April, 2008, 10:46 PM
It is a bit more fun if you want them o be in the same room. All dreamboxes use the same remote control codes so both boxes would respond to each button press :)

Devilfish
22nd April, 2008, 11:15 PM
You can use the DBSwitch plugin to disable one dreambox. ;)

Neil
23rd April, 2008, 10:04 AM
You can use the DBSwitch plugin to disable one dreambox. ;)

Better than that is to program your remote to control both independently ;)

I will do a write up when I get chance ( more likely I will copy the write up I did on a sat forum about it :) )

sossybaby
23rd April, 2008, 07:42 PM
Better than that is to program your remote to control both independently ;)

I will do a write up when I get chance ( more likely I will copy the write up I did on a sat forum about it :) )

i would be interested in this.
i've got a 600c and 7000s and they interfere with each other.
i've tried the dbswitch but its not ideal.
regards sossybaby.

Beppe71
26th September, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi
Could you please help? I have two dreambox DM800 and DM500C in the same room and the DM800 remote also change channels and functions to the DM500C box. What can I do to make the DM800 remote to works only with it's box? I have tried to changes the codes but doesn't work.
Thanks
BP71