PDA

View Full Version : CAT ET;how to copy current tune

GoodPuppy
8th May, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hey, does anybody know of a way to make a copy of your current tune with CAT ET/flash. Is it possible to download your current flash file so that it could be flased to another ecm. I'd like to have a new/spare ecm that is a clone of my current. There is a way to copy the settings and injector trm codes, but not current ecm flash or personality...

thx,

This is the greatest forum,

the good puppy

Strykerforce
8th May, 2011, 11:49 AM
Yes you can. You need a NEW Engine ECM (Same Part Number with your existing ECM).
-Connect your CAT ET and go to Service Menu. Click Configuration, Click Copy ECM Replacement, Load from ECM then after loading, save the ECM Replacement fille. Copy also the Fleet Configuration.
- You can use the existing Harness in the Engine to connect your New ECM or if you have the Bypass Harness would be great.
- Once connected to the new ECM. Go to Service Menu, click ECM Replacement and Click load file which is the ECM Replacement you previously saved. after it is loaded, hit the Program ECM.
If you have the current updated version of the flash file for your engine, then You can go to winflash and do the flashing.

virus303
9th May, 2011, 06:08 AM
Does anyone know how to do the same thing as mentioned above but on a Cummins engine using Insite?

Strykerforce
19th May, 2011, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know how to do the same thing as mentioned above but on a Cummins engine using Insite?
Sorry buddy, I'd love to help you on this but no clue about Cummins Insite. I'm Not sure but I guess there will be the same function available to copy ecm replacement/configuration file and use it to program new ECM for spare. Other DK members who used to work on CUMMINS might able to give you the correct info and procedure to do it.

GoodPuppy
22nd May, 2011, 04:22 AM
My question is; Is there a known way to copy the flash file that is in my ecm. A modified flash file???

thanks,
Good Puppy