PDA

View Full Version : The correct way to check if your OpenBox is a clone or not.

trauma
8th May, 2011, 04:50 PM
To check if your OpenBox S9 is an original or clone, simple follow these instructions:

This is the correct procedure to identify if your OpenBox S9 is an original or clone.

Goto Menu -> Tools -> Information now press 7 7 7 7 7 7 on the remote.
If the CCID is one of the following "00d0/00ea/085b/0d0c/98a1/98f2/9cf4/9d1a? congratulatation, your HD Receiver is original!! so you may upgrade any new firmware to experience more new functions.

If your STB`s CCID is not one of the above.
Please do not upgrade any new formware, otherwise your HD receivers will be killed!!

neolxs
8th May, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ok just tried this.

First I went into Information as It says to do, buy I already have a CCID displayed and it says 0107.

I then typed in the 777777 code and CA Card NDS pops up!

I have previously other checks on my box to see if it was a clone or genuine and it came up as genuine with these checks.

yhbt1mblk
8th May, 2011, 10:17 PM
mine shows ff00 :(

upgraded to 2nd latest software though with no prbs.

moulee2009
8th May, 2011, 11:46 PM
Done mine and its showing 0201 . I was sure it was not a clone ?

C64
8th May, 2011, 11:50 PM
What's so bad about the clones anyway?

the man
9th May, 2011, 12:08 AM
What's so bad about the clones anyway?

this bomb thing http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-6-5-11-a-205077/

trauma
9th May, 2011, 01:57 AM
Ok just tried this.

First I went into Information as It says to do, buy I already have a CCID displayed and it says 0107.

I then typed in the 777777 code and CA Card NDS pops up!

I have previously other checks on my box to see if it was a clone or genuine and it came up as genuine with these checks.

Before you continue, make sure there is no smartcard inserted in the receivers card slot.
Here is an example of the CCID 0100: 98A1 the CCID is 98A1 which means the receiver is a genuine OpenBox S9
The first part [0100] is the CAID which can be ignored, it only displays that as your also in the same section for accessing the smartcard info, and without a smartcad inserted, the default will be 0100

neolxs
9th May, 2011, 08:17 AM
Before you continue, make sure there is no smartcard inserted in the receivers card slot.
Here is an example of the CCID 0100: 98A1 the CCID is 98A1 which means the receiver is a genuine OpenBox S9
The first part [0100] is the CAID which can be ignored, it only displays that as your also in the same section for accessing the smartcard info, and without a smartcad inserted, the default will be 0100

Ok took out my NDS card and tried again.

Again when entering the information screen the CCID was displayed as 0107 without me doing anything.

When typing in 777777 CA CARD NO CARD pops up.

Moyt
9th May, 2011, 04:46 PM
Mines 0201
And I was told from the seller that my box was a clone.

the man
9th May, 2011, 05:34 PM
mines 0100 got it from china when they 1st came out

hooley
9th May, 2011, 07:40 PM
mines 0100 got it from china when they 1st came out

Did you put the may firmware on when you tried it?

the man
9th May, 2011, 09:24 PM
Did you put the may firmware on when you tried it?

no mate itss my dads and working fine , so if its not broke ect , just get him the sun news papper on satdays as it has a very good epg in there mag.

hooley
9th May, 2011, 09:49 PM
no mate itss my dads and working fine , so if its not broke ect , just get him the sun news papper on satdays as it has a very good epg in there mag.
Its probably fine. You can only do this test when you have the May firmware loaded. When i checked with the April firm. it was same as yourself. When i loaded the May firm it was all good. Anyways as you say if it aint broke, dont fix it

trauma
10th May, 2011, 02:30 PM
Anyways as you say if it aint broke, dont fix it
So your advice is never to update your receiver, because the only time you can is when it is working, you can't do much if it's already broken. :laugh:

hooley
10th May, 2011, 03:03 PM
What I mean is , if you are happy enough with you're box and it is doing everything you want there is no need to upgrade. Of course if there is an improved epg or something like that you would want to update. Is that clear enough for you?

trauma
10th May, 2011, 03:21 PM
you didn't tell anyone that they have to have the May firmware loaded to make it work

As the info was only recently released, it seemed rather obvios too me, and too a lot of others, that the latest firmware was obviously required to be installed first.

I had not even considered that option, of explaining about you should have the latest firmware installed before attempting the CCID check, but next time a situation like this arises, and I find myself in a position to post it, I shall try and remember to include all such relevant info.

hooley
10th May, 2011, 03:56 PM
Might seem obvious to you but the amount of people questioning the results say otherwise.

the man
10th May, 2011, 04:04 PM
Might seem obvious to you but the amount of people questioning the results say otherwise.

spot on , and im not new to sat boxs

easy to copy and past, but leaving blanks for us all to fill in is unwise imo
hooleys done a good job in this section , from me and im sure others thank you.

trauma
10th May, 2011, 04:05 PM
Oh well, not to worry, as they have now all been enlightened as to the situation, and what is required to check their CCID.

the man
10th May, 2011, 04:08 PM
no harm ment , no harm done , lets all have a good time with our openboxs .

neolxs
10th May, 2011, 07:06 PM
How flawed is this check.

To perform the check you have to upgrade, but if you are on a clone and upgrade your box wont work anymore because of the bomb inside the firmware.

If you do manage to upgrade with out any issues, why would you even bother checking the CCID considering you have just managed to upgrade and only offical firmwares would be able to do so!

Unless of course there is no bomb and its just a scare tactic?

trauma
10th May, 2011, 07:31 PM

Well there's only one way to find out, and as I have a genuine OpenBox, I am not in a position to check it out myself .... :rofl:

bernado
10th May, 2011, 07:36 PM

To perform the check you have to upgrade, but if you are on a clone and upgrade your box wont work anymore because of the bomb inside the firmware......

Haha, you're not wrong. A bit like the old tried and tested way of checking if your local old hag is a witch: Throw her in to a deep lake and see if she floats - if she does then she's a witch and must be burned to death. If she sinks without trace, then all's well and she's innocent but oops, she kind of died in the assessment process. A bit of a lose/lose situation if you're an old hag of yore, or indeed an Openbox S9 of undertermined origin:laugh:

the man
10th May, 2011, 07:38 PM

To perform the check you have to upgrade, but if you are on a clone and upgrade your box wont work anymore because of the bomb inside the firmware.

If you do manage to upgrade with out any issues, why would you even bother checking the CCID considering you have just managed to upgrade and only offical firmwares would be able to do so!

im still a bit lost , but to my understanding is upgrade to the last f/w without a bomb , then you can run the test and see if its a clone.

iv not seen any extra bricks reported, so who knows

trauma
10th May, 2011, 07:52 PM
iv not seen any extra bricks reported, so who knows

That's proberbly because most are unwilling to take the chance of uploading the latest firmware releases, just in case their receiver is a clone.

the man
10th May, 2011, 08:18 PM
OK I'm going on other site and saying the UK epgs working , that should get a lot of feedback on bricking etc .

be back soon lol

trauma
10th May, 2011, 08:40 PM
OK I'm going on other site and saying the UK epgs working , that should get a lot of feedback on bricking etc .

be back soon lol

I must admit that brought a smile to my face, and it's also the best post I have read today as well. :goodpost:

jamesfawcett
28th May, 2011, 12:52 PM
phew mine is genuine,

i was looking at the first 4 numbers 0020 for ages, so glad that someone pointed out its the second set of numbers to check DOH!

xxxx - XXXX <--- these four numbers lol

flc2000
29th May, 2011, 03:36 AM
0201.never put any firmware on.no probs,what i am using...what am i missing with the new firmware?

jamesfawcett
29th May, 2011, 09:42 AM
I running faster for me, faster to start up and reboot too,

There's no epg screen of all the channels anymore tho which is crap, just a single epg for each channel, so you have to go to each channel then press epg to see what's on next, you don't have the full screen to scroll up and down.
...but theres and iPhone app for that... Lol:top:

Other than that it's not worth upgrading I don't think;):laugh:

polarix
3rd November, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi,
i flashed my Max S9 HD PVR with a new firmware.
Before flashing, the CCID was 00EA.

After this the ChipID is 0202.

Why is it changed ?

The decoder works fine, but i'd like to know if i can put this (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-205700/)firmware to enable FTP.

Thank you.

markus20002
7th January, 2012, 02:40 PM
went on tools-infomation ..presses 7 six times and nothing happens..its got mac ,machine,nc,version listed but no ccid ???? is there summut wrong with it

TheAssassin
7th January, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking about buying a S9 box, but I (still) have my doubts on whether it's an original box or not. The supplier allowed me to check the Chip ID - which turned out to be 9D1A - but since I haven't updated the firmware, I'm uncertain about its genuinity. Is it really necessary to update/change the firmware to know for sure whether the box is original or not?

Also, is anyone familiar with boxes that are made by SHENZHEN DVBWORLD TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.? I was able to find out who the manufacturer is, by doing a MAC address lookup. The version of the firmware: C2HS2-11-12-07:04BECMT.

Thanks in advance!

slugworth
7th January, 2012, 08:01 PM
went on tools-infomation ..presses 7 six times and nothing happens..its got mac ,machine,nc,version listed but no ccid ???? is there summut wrong with it
try 888888

redondo5
8th January, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'm thinking about buying a S9 box, but I (still) have my doubts on whether it's an original box or not. The supplier allowed me to check the Chip ID - which turned out to be 9D1A - but since I haven't updated the firmware, I'm uncertain about its genuinity. Is it really necessary to update/change the firmware to know for sure whether the box is original or not?

Also, is anyone familiar with boxes that are made by SHENZHEN DVBWORLD TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.? I was able to find out who the manufacturer is, by doing a MAC address lookup. The version of the firmware: C2HS2-11-12-07:04BECMT.

Thanks in advance!

Can I ask where you did the MAC address lookup from?

redondo5
10th January, 2012, 01:17 AM
Any new clone safe s9 firmware...? My mate has a clone and would like to update to a more recent firmware.

starman0147
12th January, 2012, 10:51 PM
my one says 1015, does this mean its a clone?

I had to key in 888888

DW190
13th January, 2012, 12:55 AM
Can I ask where you did the MAC address lookup from?

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mac+address+look+up)

markus20002
13th January, 2012, 07:48 PM
keyed in 888888 and it saying it an original .one good thing .

walkaton
14th January, 2012, 04:21 PM
clone boxes would surely have the same mac address. so the question to ask. would this mac address be a clone? 00-18-BD-5D-20-0F

kam
6th August, 2013, 06:25 PM
information and 111111 brings up factory tests