PDA

View Full Version : ccid 0107 is this a clone

thebox
8th May, 2011, 09:16 PM
i have got ccid 0107 is this a clone if it is these boxs are cheap why the hell are they cloning them i thought they where clones of dreambox any way buy cheap buy twice any one know any thing about the icecrpyt 3000 hd :

neolxs
9th May, 2011, 05:54 PM
Well my box has the same code and it passed all the other cheques saying it wasnt a clone. So im none the wiser myself!

SG8
9th May, 2011, 06:34 PM
i have got ccid 0107 is this a clone if it is these boxs are cheap why the hell are they cloning them i thought they where clones of dreambox any way buy cheap buy twice any one know any thing about the icecrpyt 3000 hd :

Clone or not, once it does the job there should be no problem. Would be nice to be able to update but if it is working ok now, I would not be too concerned with that.

neolxs
9th May, 2011, 06:50 PM
Problem is what do we do if they release new firmware that includes something good like a full UK EPG?

thebox
9th May, 2011, 07:42 PM
does ccid 0107 mean it it is a clone or not

hooley
9th May, 2011, 07:43 PM
Lads have ye the may firmware on the box when ye have done this test? Supposedly you have to to do this test.I'm not saying to put it on, I'm just wondering like.

neolxs
9th May, 2011, 08:05 PM
Im using the April firmware, darent upgrade to the May!

hooley
9th May, 2011, 08:42 PM
Im using the April firmware, darent upgrade to the May!

You can only run this test thing when you have the may firmware on you're box. Mine was showing up as clone also until I put the may firmware. Anyways if you are happy enough, just stick.

SG8
9th May, 2011, 10:47 PM
You can only run this test thing when you have the may firmware on you're box. Mine was showing up as clone also until I put the may firmware. Anyways if you are happy enough, just stick.

Is there any other way of knowing if you have a clone or not, I did see something about the colour of the circuit board for the card reader being either yellow or brown, but was not sure if this was reliable.

hooley
9th May, 2011, 10:55 PM
Is there any other way of knowing if you have a clone or not, I did see something about the colour of the circuit board for the card reader being either yellow or brown, but was not sure if this was reliable.
I dont believe there is any other way bar the colour of the card reader as you said. Gold for genuine and green for clone. This has been reported on many sites and iv never seen it disputed

SG8
10th May, 2011, 08:11 AM
I dont believe there is any other way bar the colour of the card reader as you said. Gold for genuine and green for clone. This has been reported on many sites and iv never seen it disputed

Was it not BROWN for CLONE and YELLOW for GENUINE ?

Am more confused now!!

trauma
10th May, 2011, 09:52 AM

This is a post I just copied from another forum.

---------------------------------------

Re: New Official Firmware HDS2_CMTS_20110506 & ftp software

ok so for all of you who think that the openbox with green card pcb are clones, I just did the CCID test and mine is 98F2, so an original box with a GREEN card pcb..

---------------------------------------

trauma
10th May, 2011, 12:02 PM
With all this confusion surrounding the OpenBox's authenticity.

It would seem that updating new firmware to an OpenBox S9, is now becoming more like a game of Russian Roulette, and this is especially true if your unsure if your OpenBox is a clone. :afraid:

hooley
10th May, 2011, 01:03 PM
Was it not BROWN for CLONE and YELLOW for GENUINE ?

Am more confused now!!
No. Green for clone and brown/gold for original

SG8
10th May, 2011, 10:25 PM
No. Green for clone and brown/gold for original

Right! Got you now, I was looking at the pics and was looking at the part in the top left (which looks brown in one and yellow in the other).

Opened my box to take a look and it would appear not to be a clone (as I should have been looking at the part in the bottom right of the pics!!).

Now to see if I can upgrade!!

Thanks for the clarification!!

bajadish
11th May, 2011, 05:42 AM
you have to put on the latest firmware to do the clone test. before I updated I got a CCID of 0200, after updating the firmware i get 0200:9D1A... the 9D1A is in the list of genuine boxes. The instructions do say if you find you have a clone to re-write the working firmware you have on your box and it will continue to work. But if you have a clone, and leave the new firmware on the box, after 10 power cycles it will brick the box.

SG8
12th May, 2011, 10:45 PM
you have to put on the latest firmware to do the clone test. before I updated I got a CCID of 0200, after updating the firmware i get 0200:9D1A... the 9D1A is in the list of genuine boxes. The instructions do say if you find you have a clone to re-write the working firmware you have on your box and it will continue to work. But if you have a clone, and leave the new firmware on the box, after 10 power cycles it will brick the box.

Does it not have to be 0102:9D1A ??

bajadish
13th May, 2011, 05:05 AM
Its the 9D1A that is important...its in the list of the good boxes. the 0200 I got before and after doing the upgrade. I have now power cycled my box about 30 times and still working.

alphaque
15th May, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hi all

I have checked my S9, after press 77777 it came out 0107 which is pretty much confirmed my unit is clone. So, my question is :
i) can i still upgrade the May 11 firmware ? The guide said i can still upgrade but it will kill the unit after 10 power cycle BUT i do heard a lot of posts mentioned that is not true,even they power cycled it many times, nothing happen..so is it a myth or fact here ?

ii) I read there are users who upgraded the May 11 firmware and their CCID change from 0107 to one of those "valid" CCID , is this true or false here ?

iii) If i upgrade this May 11 firmware, how do i backup my existing working firmware, so in case anything happens, i can revert to the old firmware easily ?

iv) if i upgrade this May 11 firmware, will i lost my existing favorite channels that i have selected from different satellites and i have to re-do all the channels selection again ?

thank you in advance

cheers..sean

bernado
15th May, 2011, 09:16 AM
Hi all

I have checked my S9, after press 77777 it came out 0107 which is pretty much confirmed my unit is clone. So, my question is :
i) can i still upgrade the May 11 firmware ? The guide said i can still upgrade but it will kill the unit after 10 power cycle BUT i do heard a lot of posts mentioned that is not true,even they power cycled it many times, nothing happen..so is it a myth or fact here ?

ii) I read there are users who upgraded the May 11 firmware and their CCID change from 0107 to one of those "valid" CCID , is this true or false here ?

iii) If i upgrade this May 11 firmware, how do i backup my existing working firmware, so in case anything happens, i can revert to the old firmware easily ?

iv) if i upgrade this May 11 firmware, will i lost my existing favorite channels that i have selected from different satellites and i have to re-do all the channels selection again ?

thank you in advance

cheers..sean

The first thing you would have to ask yourself is do you really need to update the firmware? If not, best leave it well alone as you've confirmed your clone status.
You will lose any channel settings on a firmware update, which you can dump to USB via the Tools menu. You can dump an abs image file to USB, which includes your original firmware and channels. But if you planned to use that as an insurance policy if your clone gets bombed by the latest firmware, you might be out of luck if your box is bricked!

alphaque
15th May, 2011, 09:38 AM
The first thing you would have to ask yourself is do you really need to update the firmware? If not, best leave it well alone as you've confirmed your clone status.
You will lose any channel settings on a firmware update, which you can dump to USB via the Tools menu. You can dump an abs image file to USB, which includes your original firmware and channels. But if you planned to use that as an insurance policy if your clone gets bombed by the latest firmware, you might be out of luck if your box is bricked!

Hi
actually i like the EPG new format in the may 11 firmware very much so i plan to update it. but i also afraid it will kill my S9 box so i am asking is it safe to upgrade to may11 firmware in view i am having a clone unit here....thx

visco
15th May, 2011, 09:48 AM
these are the ccid for genuine reciever if its not on here then your reciever is probally clone. /00EA/085B/0D0C/98A1/98F2/9CF4/9D1A***8220;.

bernado
15th May, 2011, 01:49 PM
these are the ccid for genuine reciever if its not on here then your reciever is probally clone. /00EA/085B/0D0C/98A1/98F2/9CF4/9D1A***8220;.

I think it is already confirmed as being a clone, but the issue was if the latest firmware is safe to install, with the threat of a firmware bomb after several power up cycles. I certainly wouldn't risk it myself at this stage.

SG8
15th May, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think it is already confirmed as being a clone, but the issue was if the latest firmware is safe to install, with the threat of a firmware bomb after several power up cycles. I certainly wouldn't risk it myself at this stage.

No, it is not confirmed as a clone, the 0107 that you see does not mean it is a clone.

If you open the box and take a look at the insides, if you have a Green PCB board (in the bottom right as you look from the back of the receiver) it may be a clone, but if you have a brown board there it is a genuine box.

I had one that had the 0107 number but it was not a clone.

alphaque
15th May, 2011, 02:18 PM

yes, you are right, i already know mine one is clone, i just want to know can i still go ahead to upgrade to may11 firmware as i read some folks have upgraded their clone unit without any issue even they power cycled it more than 10 times. Furthermore their CCID changed to a legitimate ID after the upgrade which is very weird.

stevenalis
15th May, 2011, 02:48 PM
On the questions of clones I just tried to update firmware on mate's box who only got it this week. The firmware appeared to be a March firmware and when I tried to upload either the May or April one i get wrong file format. Does this mean hardware issue or clone issue?? No such problems on my box which came from same place. Should add that his has "foreign plug"

Any answers?

stevenalis
15th May, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hi all

I read there are users who upgraded the May 11 firmware and their CCID change from 0107 to one of those "valid" CCID , is this true or false here ?

It isn't the first four numbers you are checking. It's the last four numbers in the CCID.

visco
15th May, 2011, 06:57 PM
Ok i understand firstly the origin of the initial thread,what i will do is upgrade one of my s10s and use the latest firmware,but i will back up by usb the firmware the reciever came with.If it f***s the box fair enough but at least we will all know that we can or not upgrade to new firmwares.openly available elsewere i will post my results but i think its strange no one else has tried this even if times are difficult.

alphaque
16th May, 2011, 03:20 AM
It isn't the first four numbers you are checking. It's the last four numbers in the CCID.

yes, it is the last four number i checked, it is 0107 which majority of the forums said it is a clone unit.

SG8
16th May, 2011, 07:28 AM
yes, it is the last four number i checked, it is 0107 which majority of the forums said it is a clone unit.

No, if you have not updated the firmware you can only see 4 digits.

Did you open the box and take a look at the colour of the boards in it yet?

alphaque
16th May, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi
i have opened the case to look inside to check the PCB board color, below is the snapshot, it looks like my one is yellow/brown, can i say i have a genuine unit here that i can upgrade to May firmware ? :cheer: The current 4 digit ID is : 0107 after i press 77777

Also, if i do the backup of the tpprog.dbs file to my USB file before the upgrade, after i upgrade to May11 firmware, can i restore ALL my S9 settings like my channel lists, satellite settings (my S9 box connects to 4 sateliites using the 4-in-1 multiplexer), transponder settings and etc do its original state ?

http://www.jollykids.com.my/images/s9.jpg

hooley
16th May, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi
i have opened the case to look inside to check the PCB board color, below is the snapshot, it looks like my one is yellow/brown, can i say i have a genuine unit here that i can upgrade to May firmware ? :cheer: The current 4 digit ID is : 0107 after i press 77777

Also, if i do the backup of the tpprog.dbs file to my USB file before the upgrade, after i upgrade to May11 firmware, can i restore ALL my S9 settings like my channel lists, satellite settings (my S9 box connects to 4 sateliites using the 4-in-1 multiplexer), transponder settings and etc do its original state ?

Looks original. After you backup your channel list, just load it after you upgrade firmware. Simple as that, everything should be back same again with newer firmware

psgpol
16th May, 2011, 09:37 PM
there is something wrong with this new firmware, i have CCID 085B so it's valid listed in firmware, but after upgrade and 10 reboots i;ve got clone info.
look at picture, under clone info there is correct CCID 085B
so why box killed?http://linuxbox.w.interia.pl/s9clone/CCID_OK_085B_but_s9_got_clone_info.jpg

thebox
16th May, 2011, 09:56 PM
these boxs are now a bad joke how the hell are u going to do anyhing with them if this is what is going to happen

alphaque
17th May, 2011, 03:04 PM
Looks original. After you backup your channel list, just load it after you upgrade firmware. Simple as that, everything should be back same again with newer firmware

Hi Hooley
since i am from Asia and bought the box from Asia agent, what is the correct latest firmware i should install ?I heard the USA has different version of the firmware here. How about Asia site ?

thanks

psgpol
17th May, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Hooley
since i am from Asia and bought the box from Asia agent, what is the correct latest firmware i should install ?I heard the USA has different version of the firmware here. How about Asia site ?

thanks
don't change your firmware, even with correct CCID like mine 085B you could get CLONE shit

http://linuxbox.w.interia.pl/s9clone/CCID_OK_085B_but_s9_got_clone_info.jpg

hooley
17th May, 2011, 09:49 PM
This latest firmware should be fine fir Asia as there is talk of malasyia card fix in it, so I would guess it is ok for you to use

bajadish
18th May, 2011, 06:08 AM
don't change your firmware, even with correct CCID like mine 085B you could get CLONE shit

Can you give me the full CCID, shud be 8 digits, and if possible a photo of the pcb. A closeup of the lettering on the main IC will be usefull as well. I'm in contact with someone who wants to help.

psgpol
18th May, 2011, 09:31 AM
Can you give me the full CCID, shud be 8 digits, and if possible a photo of the pcb. A closeup of the lettering on the main IC will be usefull as well. I'm in contact with someone who wants to help.

full CCID is: 0107:085B second i confirmed this is valid CCID
first number 0107 is not matter much

http://linuxbox.w.interia.pl/s9clone/s9_pcb.jpg

bajadish
19th May, 2011, 01:50 PM
psgpol, check your PM's please....

alphaque
20th May, 2011, 05:59 AM
This latest firmware should be fine fir Asia as there is talk of malasyia card fix in it, so I would guess it is ok for you to use

at last i upgraded my firmware to May 11 version, everything looks oK. When i pressed 8888, the CCID shows : 9D1A which is a valid CCID for genuine box, however, i thought the CCID shows should be 8 digits which the format should be xxxx:9D1A, may i know why mine one only shows 4 digits instead of 8 digits ?

I have not reached the 10 power cycle limit so it is still not too late for me to downgrade it to the old firmware if my box is not a genuine one.

thanks

bajadish
20th May, 2011, 04:16 PM
alphaque...the firmware that came out on May 5th requires you to input 777777 to get the CCID and it is 8 digits. A second firmware came out a few days later which required an input of 8888, I have not installed that firmware so I cannot confirm what you are saying, but it seems to be ok, mine says 0200:9D1A also.

Regarding the problem that psgpol has in that he had a "valid" CCID of 085B, I contacted someone where the genuine boxes are made and brought this to their attention, and he wants to help him recover his box, I have sent the instructions to psgpol by PM but he has not got back to me so far. It appears the CCID of FF00:085B is used on boxes sold in China (FF00 = China) and they belive thats how the cloning was done. But they assure me the box is recoverable. I dont have a bricked box so I can't help there.

alphaque
21st May, 2011, 01:03 AM
alphaque...the firmware that came out on May 5th requires you to input 777777 to get the CCID and it is 8 digits. A second firmware came out a few days later which required an input of 8888, I have not installed that firmware so I cannot confirm what you are saying, but it seems to be ok, mine says 0200:9D1A also.

Regarding the problem that psgpol has in that he had a "valid" CCID of 085B, I contacted someone where the genuine boxes are made and brought this to their attention, and he wants to help him recover his box, I have sent the instructions to psgpol by PM but he has not got back to me so far. It appears the CCID of FF00:085B is used on boxes sold in China (FF00 = China) and they belive thats how the cloning was done. But they assure me the box is recoverable. I dont have a bricked box so I can't help there.

thanks. i thought psgpol mentioned his CCID is 0107:085B not FF00:085B ?

bajadish
21st May, 2011, 04:08 AM
thanks. i thought psgpol mentioned his CCID is 0107:085B not FF00:085B ?

Yes it is... from what I understand (language problem) the clone guys were able to change an FF00 to 0107 so it did in fact appear as a genuine unit. If that is the case the factory is gonna have to come up with a better way of recognizing a clone box. They got back to me straight away when I contacted them, and are interested in getting other data when their test bin is programmed to the box. It has to be done by RS232.

Mine is still working fine after 50+ reboots, I am using the May 5th version and everything works ok, including the LAN/FTP access.

alphaque
21st May, 2011, 05:53 AM
Yes it is... from what I understand (language problem) the clone guys were able to change an FF00 to 0107 so it did in fact appear as a genuine unit. If that is the case the factory is gonna have to come up with a better way of recognizing a clone box. They got back to me straight away when I contacted them, and are interested in getting other data when their test bin is programmed to the box. It has to be done by RS232.

Mine is still working fine after 50+ reboots, I am using the May 5th version and everything works ok, including the LAN/FTP access.

thanks but the more i read your reply , the more i am confused :( ..Are you saying all the 0107 CCID (before upgrade to may firmware) are clone units because the clone manufacturer changed it from FF00 to 0107 ?

Before i upgraded to may 09 firmware, it shows 0107 , now after upgraded it shows 9D1A, my PCB board also yellow/brown color...

your reply made me worry, as i have not reached the 10 power cycle yet, should i downgrade it as you mentioned 0107 is clone as the clone manufacturer has modified the CCID from FF00 to 0107 ?

bajadish
21st May, 2011, 08:47 PM
thanks but the more i read your reply , the more i am confused :( ..Are you saying all the 0107 CCID (before upgrade to may firmware) are clone units because the clone manufacturer changed it from FF00 to 0107 ?
No...AFAIK the 0107 are genuine units. The way it was explained to me is that genuine units sold in China have the FF00 as their CCID. The cloners were able to change that code to make it look like a genuine box(0107). So when the clone detect software was applied, it reported back a genuine code of 0107:085B. As I said in my previous post they are gonna have to come up with a better way of detecting clone boxes if they are going to use a clone kill, as in the case of psgpol it indicated he had a good box, when in fact he didn't.

Before i upgraded to may 09 firmware, it shows 0107 , now after upgraded it shows 9D1A, my PCB board also yellow/brown color...

your reply made me worry, as i have not reached the 10 power cycle yet, should i downgrade it as you mentioned 0107 is clone as the clone manufacturer has modified the CCID from FF00 to 0107 ?

If you feel unsafe then I would revert to the older firmware, the only real improvement with the new one, is the LAN/FTP support. You can continue to use the USB for what you need.

neolxs
25th May, 2011, 07:06 PM

Just upgraded to the latest firmware. Now my openbox has the brown chip boards as above and yet the CCID it gives me is

CCID 0202:00EA

Any Ideas?