adeobolo
9th May, 2011, 07:00 PM
S10 Pic is here and it is available on ebay for ?79.99

the man
9th May, 2011, 07:04 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
9th May, 2011, 07:39 PM
I've read the spec on the S10, but it do not state the channel storage capacity, which is a sign that it is pretty low.
So if it's still only 5,000, like it is on the S9, I don't see what benefit it will offer me in getting one.

So can someone confirm what the exact channel storage capacity of the S10 is.

sweto
9th May, 2011, 09:50 PM
only advantage

can use as a server.
(mention on great view web site)

trauma
9th May, 2011, 11:15 PM
only advantage

can use as a server.
(mention on great view web site)

That holds no interest too me, all I would like to see is at least 10,000 channels.

abr
10th May, 2011, 02:11 PM
are you the seller ? there Pre-orders on ebay?

get it from china in 3 days for ?62 with p&P,
im getting to like my one now

any chance of a link for this receiver
that seems to be a very good price
might just buy one for another room;)

neolxs
10th May, 2011, 07:10 PM
Could you PM me the link aswell please?

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 08:06 AM
I have a few of these , nice looking box , prettier menus than s 9 , got one on ebay if anybody looking for one drop me a pm and I mail you my link

lombard
11th May, 2011, 09:21 AM
hi, whats the epg like on these, and can you get channels in order like dreambox thanks

hooley
11th May, 2011, 10:43 AM
hi, whats the epg like on these, and can you get channels in order like dreambox thanks
It essentially the same box, just a bit slimmer and the menu is a bit nicer as has been mentioned

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 11:05 AM

yeh , pretty much "now+next" and no specific channel order , it can take channel lists from s9 , so same kinda order

btw , its a lot smaller that s9 , more size like to a dm800

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 11:31 AM
few more pics of menu`s

abr
11th May, 2011, 11:43 AM
are there any known problems with these boxes
faulty tuners, glitching etc as on the dm800
is the picture quality as good or better than dreambox :laugh:

trauma
11th May, 2011, 12:45 PM
Don't anyone know what the channel storage capacity is on this version, it seems a little strange why it is not stated, maybe because it's still limited to a mere 5,000 channels.

Which would make upgrading from an S9 to an S10 rather pointless, this will be especially true if you intend to run it on a motorized setup.

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 02:54 PM
Don't anyone know what the channel storage capacity is on this version, it seems a little strange why it is not stated, maybe because it's still limited to a mere 5,000 channels.

Which would make upgrading from an S9 to an S10 rather pointless, this will be especially true if you intend to run it on a motorized setup.

to be honest they pretty much same price , so upgrading is more or less free if you were planning on buying another openbox. i would guess like most manufacturers support will be for latest models , so i can see the s10 getting reboot issue fixed before s9.
i have had a look and no info on channel capacity , so couldnt really advice if its greater than the s9 .

are there any known problems with these boxes
faulty tuners, glitching etc as on the dm800
is the picture quality as good or better than dreambox :laugh:

known problems are reboot issues on sky sport4 (just delete the problem channels) and some lip-sync issues (although i aint noticed these as much on the new s10 compared with s9 ) flick channel and it syncs back in

the man
11th May, 2011, 03:26 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 03:32 PM
southpaw HAVE YOU TESTED THE CLOCK? when the box is in standby?
no display lit when box is in standby mate

the man
11th May, 2011, 03:42 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lombard
11th May, 2011, 03:48 PM
interface dont look to great, and the epg :(, guess its cheap and can view HD, but dreambox 800 pro seems much better different league , like epg and interface

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 03:50 PM
thanks mate , on the box it came in theres also a lite next to the numbers , my ones not working also

yeh , the one next to the 2243 on display ?
why , do you really need /miss that light ? lol

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 03:52 PM
interface dont look to great, and the epg :(, guess its cheap and can view HD, but dreambox 800 pro seems much better different league , like epg and interface

agreed mate , but there is a market for this box , not everybody likes to use there boxes to the full potential , all the ex cable viewers want to just watch tv on the cheap

btw , i thought the UI looks much nicer than s9 !

trauma
11th May, 2011, 03:53 PM
It sounds as though you have an S10, so why can't you let us know what the channel storage capacity is ?.

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 03:55 PM
mate , if you can tell me how to find out , i will certainly tell you

the man
11th May, 2011, 03:59 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
11th May, 2011, 04:39 PM
mate , if you can tell me how to find out , i will certainly tell you

A simple way would be to do a multi sat scan, if the menu is simular to the S9 then just goto Menu -> Installation -> Multiple Satellite Scan select all the satellite between 42e and 30w, and see how many channels it stores before giving the Full message.

southpaw
11th May, 2011, 05:08 PM
A simple way would be to do a multi sat scan, if the menu is simular to the S9 then just goto Menu -> Installation -> Multiple Satellite Scan select all the satellite between 42e and 30w, and see how many channels it stores before giving the Full message.
sorry , cant do the simple way , my motorised dish has lost the arc last winter

mark8393
11th May, 2011, 06:52 PM
just looked on alibaba, stores upto 5000 channels, so the same

binary
11th May, 2011, 07:13 PM
yes, i seen some of the speek on the S10 and if i remember it is 5000 the same as the S9, unless you like pretty and you've got a S9 keep your money in your pocket or take the wife out for a change

bugaloo41
11th May, 2011, 09:24 PM

Can you post the link mate?

Thanks

the man
11th May, 2011, 10:28 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the man
11th May, 2011, 10:32 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
11th May, 2011, 10:38 PM
yes, i seen some of the speek on the S10 and if i remember it is 5000 the same as the S9, unless you like pretty and you've got a S9 keep your money in your pocket or take the wife out for a change

I could not agree more with you, how naieve do they belive us users are, offering a multisat receiver that's limited by a mere 5000 channel capacity, what a shame that they missed another oppertunity to get it sorted.

the man
11th May, 2011, 11:25 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

southpaw
12th May, 2011, 09:55 AM
yeh dead right the man, i have motorised but this unit was not purchased for use with it, 5000 aint that bad , if you got a dish with couple of offset lnb`s it`s perfectly adequate .

if you spent good money on a decent dish setup , then openbox is probably low down on your choice of stb,
its a BUDGET receiver , and as such has budget audience in mind

southpaw
12th May, 2011, 10:41 AM
my borders are all blue , your are greenish? or thats just the camra?

yeh , i think that one`s down to my photography skills mate

btw , do you know what the connection on back is , it`s a black jack type connection with "12v 50mA"
I presume its a digital coaxial connection, for connecting surround sound to an amp ?, as i dont see any other type of audio out connection on the unit, any ideas ?

hooley
12th May, 2011, 10:52 AM
yeh dead right the man, i have motorised but this unit was not purchased for use with it, 5000 aint that bad , if you got a dish with couple of offset lnb`s it`s perfectly adequate .

if you spent good money on a decent dish setup , then openbox is probably low down on your choice of stb,
its a BUDGET receiver , and as such has budget audience in mind
Jesus you have hit nail on head there, its budget and it has limited features. Some people dont get that. I have mine in the kitchen with just 28.2 and 19.2 and its perfect. I also have a vu duo with motor and a dm800 they are for main tv and bedroom.

the man
12th May, 2011, 03:01 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bernado
12th May, 2011, 04:39 PM
yeh , i think that one`s down to my photography skills mate

btw , do you know what the connection on back is , it`s a black jack type connection with "12v 50mA"
I presume its a digital coaxial connection, for connecting surround sound to an amp ?, as i dont see any other type of audio out connection on the unit, any ideas ?

There's no means of getting digital audio out other than HDMI now

the man
12th May, 2011, 05:11 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hooley
12th May, 2011, 05:54 PM
A clock? I'm sold.

the man
12th May, 2011, 06:23 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm/ (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/any-info-new-openbox-s10-204077/)

trauma
12th May, 2011, 06:24 PM
get the orton has digital audio out
?62 , it looks way better build anyway and has a clock

It may look good, and have a clock, but for me I would be little more interested in it's performance.
For example do it support a sensative tuner, do it have a hardware blind scan option, how many channels can it store, is it running stable, do it support CCcam etc etc

the man
12th May, 2011, 06:30 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
12th May, 2011, 07:42 PM
buy one and let us know mate

I was under the impression you may have had one, as I thought you were recommending it over the S10.

the man
12th May, 2011, 07:48 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
12th May, 2011, 07:59 PM
Do you have any idea what the support is like for the 'Orton', and do you happen to know what Orton model it is.

the man
12th May, 2011, 08:07 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm

trauma
12th May, 2011, 08:15 PM
Unfortunatly I do not understand German, so I did not understand a word of it.

hooley
12th May, 2011, 08:34 PM
post 37....
i may get one , looking at all the vids on youtube thry look a lot beter than my s10 , that was my point mate
i really need a clock
A clock that also shows tv channels. What will they think of next eh? Fcuk it ill just take clock like yourself man

the man
12th May, 2011, 08:51 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm

southpaw
13th May, 2011, 09:58 AM
A clock that also shows tv channels. What will they think of next eh? Fcuk it ill just take clock like yourself man

weird bunch you lot ! the man who needs his clock , the guy who needs more than 5000 channels of shit on his tv , the guy who needs channel numbers like sky has ,

Now me , i am just grateful i can enjoy watchin everton beat the manchester mercenaries twice a year , in stunning hd .
oh and a bit of scooby doo now+then

dell_xps
13th May, 2011, 12:03 PM
For ?80 you get a lot, FACT !!

mtv1
13th May, 2011, 12:06 PM
Satboxes.com Online Store - Openbox S9 HD PVR (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2) looks good for that money i get my boxes there already updated channels sorted delivery less than 4 days can't go wrong :)

hooley
13th May, 2011, 12:20 PM
Satboxes.com Online Store - Openbox S9 HD PVR (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2) looks good for that money i get my boxes there already updated channels sorted delivery less than 4 days can't go wrong :)
I bought a dm800 and a spare openbox remote from there. Sound lad and prompt delivery.

Dub12Dave
13th May, 2011, 05:36 PM
Have just finished setting up the S10 and first impressions are, what a great little box, stunning HD picture quality and very very easy to setup.
In my opinion this box is well built does not look like a box that costs under ?70 delivered to Ireland.
I will play about with it for a while and post some more about it soon.

southpaw
13th May, 2011, 10:14 PM
Let us know dave what you think of lip-sync issues , compared to s9 , i think its slightly improved although not perfect

Dub12Dave
15th May, 2011, 07:53 PM
So have been messing with the box for a while now and I am still very impressed with it. When I got the box there was pre loaded software installed and all you have to do is scan whatever sat you want, takes about as long as the S9, then you enter your Kalvin Cline in exactly the same way as the S9.
Menus are only slightly different on the S10, they run across the top of the screen and not down the side, but they are basically the same.
Picture quality is excellent on both SD and HD channels, It has rebooting issues the same as the S9 I found these to be sky news SD and Sky Sports 4 HD only, again these can be deleted so not much of a problem.
The one and only let down is the EPG now and next only, I was hoping that this would be fixed on the new S10 but not as yet.
The box is slightly bigger than my Inetbox 300s but compared to other boxes it is tiny and it has the cutest front panel I have ever seen, lots of tiny buttons in such a small space, the PVR works good no problems there, lastly I think the remote is brilliant, really well put together and solid and fits well in the hand I'm think it's the new v4.
Also I have not noticed any lip sync issues at all in 3 days viewing.
So in my opinion for ?70 delivered to Ireland from China it has to be the best bargain any of us can hope for in a box.

Dub12Dave
15th May, 2011, 08:04 PM
Deleted Post

rigsby71
16th May, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that Dub12Dave

I have one coming from China aswell.

Although they say there is a bit of a delay in the shipping & they have offered me a FREE Wifi bridge to compensate for my waiting.

Hopefully they will keep their word.

I have had a few S9's & they are pretty good for the money so i expect the S10 to be very good aswell.

Dub12Dave
16th May, 2011, 06:18 PM
I dont think the S10 will let you down rigsby71, a free wifi bridge nice offer from there part.

searius
16th May, 2011, 11:03 PM
Guys how are the channels with cccam are working with this receiver?
Thanks!

searius
16th May, 2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for that Dub12Dave

I have one coming from China aswell.

Although they say there is a bit of a delay in the shipping & they have offered me a FREE Wifi bridge to compensate for my waiting.

Hopefully they will keep their word.

I have had a few S9's & they are pretty good for the money so i expect the S10 to be very good aswell.

Hi!
Could you please send me the link for the receiver that you bought.
thanks in advance!

rigsby71
17th May, 2011, 12:53 PM
The link is in an earlier post in this thread

Cheers

sicknote
17th May, 2011, 08:43 PM
I took delivery today of the Orton S10......no scart or digital out but still a great little box.

falasha
21st May, 2011, 11:50 PM

Hi,

Kindly get me the address of the company who sell the openbox in China.

Best regards

Dub12Dave
22nd May, 2011, 02:38 PM
Guys you get the box from the usual places in China, I am not going to post a direct link to the site as I do not want any comeback if the box you buy turns out to be a clone. :tomato: There are loads of suppliers on Aliexpress.

kevhky
23rd May, 2011, 08:48 PM

Yoou got a link and if so have you used them before

Kev

southpaw
25th May, 2011, 10:52 AM
i have one on ebay at the moment , and a few more due sat/mon
if anybody looking for one , pm me ,

rigsby71
26th May, 2011, 01:16 PM
Well i got mine yesterday & it is tiny.

It came with 20th May 2011 software on.

I think the HD pic quality is not quite as good as the S9
but it's still not bad, maybe need to keep adjusting the picture display settings.

Put a line straight in & worked within a few seconds.

Still has re-boot loop issues on certain S*y channels, so again, just do as for the S9 & delete them out.

Overall, not a bad box.

Mine came with a free wi-fi bridge too.

All for ?63 delivered from Hong Kong, no other import fees either.

southpaw
1st June, 2011, 05:10 PM
Took delivery of more s10 today , 1st thing i noticed is the display now shows the time when in standby , presume this is down th the later f/w , may 2011

muttleytheplug
1st June, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hi, i have today received my s10 box as replacement for dm800hd, i have tried to add my edited cccam.cfg file via usb but when i try to upload it it says , now reading.../cccam.config no new account found read all finished... and so when i go to the ccconfig file there is nothing there! can anyone help please?.....

southpaw
1st June, 2011, 08:25 PM
go to "manage cccam.cfg" make sure you put a tick/activate next to your line , press exit and the cfg will write to memory

muttleytheplug
2nd June, 2011, 08:01 PM
thanks for your help, turns out it was my fault trying to add htpp: in config line, derrrrrrrrr not very bright! again thanks for trying to help me............

londonm
5th June, 2011, 03:38 AM
Very nice avatar Southpaw.

ferretuk
6th June, 2011, 10:29 PM
need help got an s10 need links to firmware tools etc can some be nice and help me out thanks

badboy1965
7th June, 2011, 11:49 AM
hi guys,got my s10 today and my first impression is fantastic picture good sounds in a little box know bigger than a hard back book,like most of you have been asking how many channels 5ooo,not the best on the market today,but for what i paid ?72 off flee bay im happy,can any of you guys put me in the right direct to any firmware or links,ive had technomate recievers for the last 6 years and car,nt fault them. most of the things(links) are for the s9 and ive been told not to put them in my machine so again guys if you can help me,thanks in advance.

hooley
7th June, 2011, 01:04 PM
hi guys,got my s10 today and my first impression is fantastic picture good sounds in a little box know bigger than a hard back book,like most of you have been asking how many channels 5ooo,not the best on the market today,but for what i paid ?72 off flee bay im happy,can any of you guys put me in the right direct to any firmware or links,ive had technomate recievers for the last 6 years and car,nt fault them. most of the things(links) are for the s9 and ive been told not to put them in my machine so again guys if you can help me,thanks in advance.

have a look here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-openbox-firmware-205077/index2.html

southpaw
7th June, 2011, 01:10 PM

i have had a few shipments of s10 last couple months , and lately (may/june) they have had a later f/w on, the only noticiable change i can see is the clock now works in standby , if you have that feature on your`s then you prob on latest f/w, if you haven`t and dont really need it , leave it be mate

the man
7th June, 2011, 01:39 PM
i have had a few shipments of s10 last couple months , and lately (may/june) they have had a later f/w on, the only noticiable change i can see is the clock now works in standby , if you have that feature on your`s then you prob on latest f/w, if you haven`t and dont really need it , leave it be mate

whats the date of the f/w pls? and is the new mp4 player working on it? anyinfo thanks

badboy1965
7th June, 2011, 07:45 PM
ive put the latest firmware on,before it said orton on start up,now it says openbox, works fine thanks for the help guys

southpaw
7th June, 2011, 08:07 PM
whats the date of the f/w pls? and is the new mp4 player working on it? anyinfo thanks

think it was 20th ish of may , all packaged away now , will dig one out tomorra , thought you would like the idea of a clock mate lol

cylib
8th June, 2011, 12:06 PM
I put the latest firmware 23/5 but no clock!

the man
8th June, 2011, 03:11 PM
you prob didn't , its prob the 20/5/11 fw if you look in the information settings? the 22/5 or if theres a true 23/5 fw i cant find it.

thanks southpaw , dont forget ot test the new mp4 player

thanks below but thats 20/5/11 f/w?

muttleytheplug
8th June, 2011, 07:23 PM
try this mate!!

S9 / S10 software (http://www.uniqbuy.com/electronics/support--product-help/software/openbox-s9s10.html)

southpaw
8th June, 2011, 09:28 PM
tested a box with working clock , the fw on this unit is
CHDS2-11-05-22:0084

@THE MAN , Cant see any item labelled mp4 player , i put a 1080 rip onto usb stick , went to media player , but only option is to play music+photo`s, and cant see any other menu to play it.

if your interested i have dumped the f/w , i will upload shortly

southpaw
8th June, 2011, 09:33 PM
uploaded OPENBOX S10 F/W 22/05/11

HDS2_DUMP.abs (http://www.mediafire.com/?gc0xdvdiexc71p1)

btw , i see no mention of mp4 player on the units packaging , were you gettin yout info from "the man" ?
it says it can do P-I-P but i not seen any way to do it ,
but no mention of mp4 player .
mpeg2 + mpeg4 DVB/DVB2 Yes , not mp4 from usb tho

chanth
9th June, 2011, 06:15 AM
can i know is s9 better than s10 how is the picture quality ?

southpaw
9th June, 2011, 08:41 AM
Both have good pic quality. S10 only has HDMI, no scart. S10 is better looking than its younger brother, bit like myself. I would go for the s10 as I only ever use my boxes to HD panels, so I don't need scart, and being the newer of the 2 I guess support will be more focused on the 10

hooley
9th June, 2011, 11:13 AM
uploaded OPENBOX S10 F/W 22/05/11

HDS2_DUMP.abs (http://www.mediafire.com/?gc0xdvdiexc71p1)

btw , i see no mention of mp4 player on the units packaging , were you gettin yout info from "the man" ?
it says it can do P-I-P but i not seen any way to do it ,
but no mention of mp4 player .
mpeg2 + mpeg4 DVB/DVB2 Yes , not mp4 from usb tho
There's been talk of an mp4 player update in the next firmware for the s9 so I'd say it will be the same for the s10. Meant to be this month.

darguewin
18th June, 2011, 06:25 PM
is the picture as good as the dm800hd?

wortho
21st June, 2011, 11:06 AM
hi been looking at these is there anyway to connect, to a second tv upstairs, i currently use a sender no scart on these so thats out, I was wondering if there is a av out I could connet a cable to and run it upstairs on the 10s.

southpaw
21st June, 2011, 03:45 PM
s10 has composite out , so with an adapter to scart it will be fine , although picture quality will not win any awards on composite

np27np27
21st June, 2011, 08:08 PM
So how much are these? Are they clones or the real deal?

josh1e
19th September, 2011, 10:18 PM
could anyone tell me if the channels / services auto update with the s10 or do you still need to manually change them every month? (28.2e especially)

thanks