PDA

View Full Version : Updating to Genisys 4.0

Pages : 1 [2]

fordfan
18th September, 2011, 11:34 PM
any one could give me that original

"you have to run the update software and get the newest 4gb update downloaded to your computer before you begin "

then i could fix my own damn scanner cuz i need that shit for tomorrow like my life depend on it and it does doh !

fordfan
19th September, 2011, 04:28 AM
did the damn 2009 but since i dont have the white activation card well this suck

plz bibms plz make a miracle and have a 2010 complete version all open application without any damn key card needed

shit man i sound like a desperate man and i am need that scanner to work
was eable to tell him i was to busy and leave the truck here lol but i wont be eable to keep this up for long so plzzzz help me

bibms
20th September, 2011, 03:44 PM
Alright people here's the deal. I created this thread for a few reasons. One to try to find a way to modify these scanners to to other things. And two to show my proof of concept that it's easy to get into the system. I'm not here to bring a company down, and I'm not here to make money off it. I only ask for donation because I'm the only one working on it. I would like to share the information that I know but know the possibilites that may occur by doing so. To tell you guys the truth I'm real hesitant of even realessing the latest 2010. But then again I haven't had much time to even work on it since I don't have a computer anymore. Don't get me wrong I do want to release it. I want to incorporate some kind of security measure that will make it less likely for people to make money off my work. When and if I finish my next update I will be releasing it as a PoC to show what's capable and to let the makers of the software know what changes they have to make to better secure their software.

Everyone can bitcj and complain about it, I don't care, I started this on my own free time an intrest. I'm more curious as to what can be done with vehicle communication since it seems like to me it may just possibly be scripts that maybe possible to modify but my only question is how.

Working on this software takes a lot of my time and quite honestly I'm kinda glad I dint have a computer anymore. I can spend more of my time on more important things like finding legit ways of putting money in my pocket instead of doing things that will help people make money off me. That being said. It'll be out when it's out.

Liteace
20th September, 2011, 03:49 PM
Alright people here's the deal. I created this thread for a few reasons. One to try to find a way to modify these scanners to to other things. And two to show my proof of concept that it's easy to get into the system. I'm not here to bring a company down, and I'm not here to make money off it. I only ask for donation because I'm the only one working on it. I would like to share the information that I know but know the possibilites that may occur by doing so. To tell you guys the truth I'm real hesitant of even realessing the latest 2010. But then again I haven't had much time to even work on it since I don't have a computer anymore. Don't get me wrong I do want to release it. I want to incorporate some kind of security measure that will make it less likely for people to make money off my work. When and if I finish my next update I will be releasing it as a PoC to show what's capable and to let the makers of the software know what changes they have to make to better secure their software.

Everyone can bitcj and complain about it, I don't care, I started this on my own free time an intrest. I'm more curious as to what can be done with vehicle communication since it seems like to me it may just possibly be scripts that maybe possible to modify but my only question is how.

Working on this software takes a lot of my time and quite honestly I'm kinda glad I dint have a computer anymore. I can spend more of my time on more important things like finding legit ways of putting money in my pocket instead of doing things that will help people make money off me. That being said. It'll be out when it's out.

I agree with you 100% on this, you will get the 1 post wonders leechers wanting the software that you have spent time on for free and then the next thing you will see it on fleabay and thats not on

rrob311
20th September, 2011, 03:55 PM
Some of the OTC software has so many holes in it for coverage it would be nice to be able to figure out how to add data pids and tests to the current software because it is like swiss cheese in it's current form and once you spend the 1000$ or soper year you are pretty much stuck with what you get. For instance: For chryslers, most times OTC does not list the Evap Monitor test where as the Snap on scanner and DRB (obviously) have this test. There are many other examples. If I studied the programming I could write all of the special test info for the infotech software because I bought the solarity in 2007 and the infotech 06 software has tons of holes in it and it is obvious that OTC didn't put a lot of work into it and they just wanted to be able to market their product.They still haven't offered an update so I am stuck with bad software for my scope. I have spent about 4000 in the Genisys line of tools and with the right ability I think it would be easy to add more info into the software to make it comparable to snapon.

Liteace
20th September, 2011, 04:00 PM
Some of the OTC software has so many holes in it for coverage it would be nice to be able to figure out how to add data pids and tests to the current software because it is like swiss cheese in it's current form and once you spend the 1000$ or soper year you are pretty much stuck with what you get. For instance: For chryslers, most times OTC does not list the Evap Monitor test where as the Snap on scanner and DRB (obviously) have this test. There are many other examples. If I studied the programming I could write all of the special test info for the infotech software because I bought the solarity in 2007 and the infotech 06 software has tons of holes in it and it is obvious that OTC didn't put a lot of work into it and they just wanted to be able to market their product.They still haven't offered an update so I am stuck with bad software for my scope. I have spent about 4000 in the Genisys line of tools and with the right ability I think it would be easy to add more info into the software to make it comparable to snapon.

when you say

"so I am stuck with bad software for my scope"

the only reason I got mine is because it come with scope and gas at a good price, ive just sold my Uei scope but still not used the OTC scope as still waitng for battery, whats the problem with the scope software ?

Thanks

rrob311
20th September, 2011, 04:11 PM
when you say

"so I am stuck with bad software for my scope"

the only reason I got mine is because it come with scope and gas at a good price, ive just sold my Uei scope but still not used the 0TC scope as still waitng for battery, whats the problem with the scope software ?

Thanks

Don't wait on a battery just go to the shack and get a 9.6v rc car battery. $PX is a big company and they make big profits. IMO the genisys has more slick marketing than function. Back to the scope software. It is pretty good for the generic portion of it in the test section but as far as component info it has next to nothing for information on what wires to probe and locations. It seems like it would be very easy to write more info into the software at least on vehicles that you work on more. Most of the info is generic. I have a vantage meter from snapon and this is what I am comparing it to. I could have done a better job adding info into the scanner but it seems they just put enough in to call it a program and sell it. So I have to go to alldata or mitchell or whatever and figure out what wire is what and where it is located to probe sensors. $napon has most of the info in their software so it is much easier and faster to figure stuff out. Although the solarity/genisys scope is 4 channel and it works great. They also have a listing for saab. It doesn't have much info but I think if I could write more info into it for saabs at least it would be worth keeping. $napon doesn't have saab coverage in their scope which is windows ce based.

Liteace
20th September, 2011, 04:17 PM
Don't wait on a battery just go to the shack and get a 9.6v rc car battery. SPX is a big company and they make big profits. IMO the genisys has more slick marketing than function. Back to the scope software. It is pretty good for the generic portion of it in the test section but as far as component info it has next to nothing for information on what wires to probe and locations. It seems like it would be very easy to write more info into the software at least on vehicles that you work on more. Most of the info is generic. I have a vantage meter from snapon and this is what I am comparing it to. I could have done a better job adding info into the scanner but it seems they just put enough in to call it a program and sell it. So I have to go to alldata or mitchell or whatever and figure out what wire is what and where it is located to probe sensors. Snapon has most of the info in their software so it is much easier and faster to figure stuff out.

Thanks for the info, I did get a 2000 ma-h from fleabay but its still stuck in the US as we are waiting for other parts for a C3 that we have here thats having a tranny swap, I always look on one of the a data PC programs for pinout as there is no data on any of the scanners that I can afford that have info for European cars

fordfan
20th September, 2011, 07:27 PM
Bibs i know the feeling but imagine i was doing the first crack on all data and nobody cared even mitchell it was and still his my key that people use to install the od5 soft you can just shared your work with only a few

I just need and original 2010 file if some one could help me here wouldbe appreciated

fordfan
23rd September, 2011, 12:59 AM
The file ive gotten today his and update from about 1 monthbago so thepatch you made doest work lol just my luck

fordfan
27th September, 2011, 08:44 AM
managed to get the 09 working but for some odd reason some soft are not working like domestic .... so i guess ill have to wait for soem more new stuf i now have 10 or 12 activation card lol and yet still it dont want to work since those card where not the one that where used on mine

bibms be my savior plz

fordfan
10th October, 2011, 06:56 PM
hey bibms hope youre having a good day today and all the member off digital have a nice thankgiving

Liteace
10th October, 2011, 07:38 PM
When you guys charge your genisys does the charge indicator stop when the battery is full, like a mobile phone does, Ive charged mine forever with a new battery and the charge indicator never stops ?????

fordfan
11th October, 2011, 01:04 AM
hummm mine when it was full stopped charging if i remember

fordfan
16th October, 2011, 09:48 AM
so any update on that hot topic i still need to finally have a working scanner to work lol would be nice

rrob311
17th October, 2011, 01:37 AM
don't bite the hand that feeds you hahaha

fordfan
17th October, 2011, 01:58 AM
im not biting any hand im just asking for update since it been a while on any new or update on that real real hot topic

Liteace
17th October, 2011, 07:57 AM
im not biting any hand im just asking for update since it been a while on any new or update on that real real hot topic

just be patient, we ALL want the updates, Im sure they will be here

fordfan
17th October, 2011, 08:22 AM
yeah well it almost a month lol so i was wondering that his all and yes im impatient i have a scanner tool that will not work and i need him .... sorry for asking .. did not wanted to be rude

fordfan
28th November, 2011, 03:48 AM
wow any new im still stuck with my scanner and it dont work corectly plzzz help me need the scanner to work

tatyanka
29th November, 2011, 12:36 PM
Does any body needs 2010 EURO update CD ?

twrch
30th November, 2011, 08:03 PM
How many other people on this forum are actively modifying this tool, and how many are just copying others work?

I first "hacked" this tool about 6 years ago and have developed a way to activate any application without the security card, and without changing the serial number of the tool. I would like to work with someone else on this, I have the new 4GB image and want to update my tool to 2010.

bibms, I'm going to PM you. If anyone else is doing this, please PM me as well. Please, if you can't make a contribution, don't contact me. I work 80 hours a week and have very little free time for this!

Thanks,

J

Liteace
30th November, 2011, 08:42 PM
How many other people on this forum are actively modifying this tool, and how many are just copying others work?

I first "hacked" this tool about 6 years ago and have developed a way to activate any application without the security card, and without changing the serial number of the tool. I would like to work with someone else on this, I have the new 4GB image and want to update my tool to 2010.

bibms, I'm going to PM you. If anyone else is doing this, please PM me as well. Please, if you can't make a contribution, don't contact me. I work 80 hours a week and have very little free time for this!

Thanks,

J

I dont think there are many others actively modifying this tool because we dont know how to and have to rely on you guy's for help. I have updated mine with the help of Bibms, its all good apart from the euro, its got no lock on it but says on screen to insert smart card. As for PM'ing Bibms, he's not been seen for a while !!

twrch
30th November, 2011, 09:47 PM
OK. Hopefully he gets back with me. It is not necessary to even "hack" the applications if you simply make it appear that you already have the smart card - Then the image simply installs itself, and you never get any annoying messages. You also are sure that you have a 100% OTC install and should not have any uknown problems with it.

I'm going to try to put some time into this... I don't want to burn OTC but I do want to play with this tool again.

As a side note, has anyone noticed that the tool seems to boot MUCH faster off of the newer high speed CF cards?

Liteace
30th November, 2011, 11:44 PM
OK. Hopefully he gets back with me. It is not necessary to even "hack" the applications if you simply make it appear that you already have the smart card - Then the image simply installs itself, and you never get any annoying messages. You also are sure that you have a 100% OTC install and should not have any uknown problems with it.

I'm going to try to put some time into this... I don't want to burn OTC but I do want to play with this tool again.

As a side note, has anyone noticed that the tool seems to boot MUCH faster off of the newer high speed CF cards?

"if you simply make it appear that you already have the smart card"
"You also are sure that you have a 100% OTC install and should not have any uknown problems with it"

No idea how to do this

rp1210a
1st December, 2011, 02:54 AM
Good to see some new life in this thread. Remember guys this is just a hobby for most, sometimes they are busy working, playing with their kids, or just plain taking a long break. Give them some time and space.

rrob311
1st December, 2011, 03:57 AM

Which High Speed CF cards work with this tool? I was looking for a good deal on a cf card but was having trouble finding the proper one.

fordfan
1st December, 2011, 06:46 AM
lexmark are the one ive got here and they seem to work good on them

now if only i could get soft to work i have all the securyti card and i still get a if i choose gm the damn application close itself and bring me back to main menu

snifff

lol

twrch
1st December, 2011, 05:38 PM
Which High Speed CF cards work with this tool? I was looking for a good deal on a cf card but was having trouble finding the proper one.

In my experience, any CF card can be used with this tool. The problem you run in to is that most CF cards seem to have a slightly lower capacity (around 100-150MB less) than the SimpleTech industrial temp cards (what OTC uses) and the exact SimpleTech cards that OTC uses are generally NOT available anywhere - This prevents you from imaging the cards directly in most cases unless you image to a larger card, resulting in unused space on the new card and also sometimes causing mounting problems during boot.

I just got the newest 4GB CF card in the mail (OTC #3421-130) and plan to crack it this week. One thing I noticed right away while exploring the new card is that it no longer has a separate authorization routine for ABS/Air Bag - It appears that has been integrated into the respective manufacturer-specific software?

This tool is incredibly insecure. I can't believe that it has not been hacked on a very large scale in the last 10 years that it has been around. I wanted to do it from the moment I got the old version in 2002, and finally got around to it in 2004 or 2005. For those of you who want to learn, it just takes some linix and C programming knowledge, some electrical knowledge, and determination. I'll bet that I had 100+ hours into my original reverse engineering of the product, and more since then.

I'll let you all know how things go with this CF card. I sold my spare Genisys yesterday so I hope I don't brick this one ;)

fordfan
1st December, 2011, 05:45 PM
dude make a copy off that card and share it plzzz

twrch
1st December, 2011, 06:13 PM
dude make a copy off that card and share it plzzz

Copying that card wont help you - It requires a working tool to start with. Furthermore, you won't be able to copy the image to any standard 4GB CF card - I have transcend, HP, simpletech(yellow label), sandisk, a-data, kingston, and a few others and all of these brands have lower capacity than the cards OTC uses.

It is possible to modify the capacity that the card is reported as (and the Hardware ID it is reported as, i.e. change it to SimpleTech) but this would most likely result in some unpredictable behavior.

fordfan
1st December, 2011, 06:46 PM
yeah well bib did that with the 2009 so my guess his im sure we could manage something but anyway make a copy before you use the card lol

twrch
1st December, 2011, 08:27 PM
yeah well bib did that with the 2009 so my guess his im sure we could manage something but anyway make a copy before you use the card lol

I already ran the card, but that doesn't really change anything on it, it just executes a startup script which is moved/deleted after the first run. New apps still stay on the card, but only the apps which you have smart cards for are updated and appear in the menu.

twrch
1st December, 2011, 08:29 PM
fordfan, I guess I'm confused as to what the problem with your tool is - If you follow bbims's instructions with the image he uploaded, any genisys will boot from that image, which you simply need to put on a CF card. I put his image on 3 different types of CF cards and it boots from all of them. Is your flash corrupt? Does your tool even try to boot?

Liteace
1st December, 2011, 08:38 PM
Any idea how I can get my 2008 European working, ive got on screen

USA 2010 domestic (no lock)
USA 2010 Asian (no lock)
USA 2008 European (no lock)
LA volkwagen (pad lock)
Latin 2007 american (pad lock)
heavy duty standard (pad lock)

but when I select one of the manufacturers in the Euro menu I get the message:

THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AUTHORIZED

twrch
1st December, 2011, 10:06 PM
Any idea how I can get my 2008 European working, ive got on screen

USA 2010 domestic (no lock)
USA 2010 Asian (no lock)
USA 2008 European (no lock)
LA volkwagen (pad lock)
Latin 2007 american (pad lock)
heavy duty standard (pad lock)

but when I select one of the manufacturers in the Euro menu I get the message:

THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AUTHORIZED

I haven't looked at bbims CF image close enough to see how many different scripts he altered to get the applications to install as authorized without authorization actually there. I'll have to check it out, maybe this weekend - My approach is different, I alter the list of authorized applications in FLASH and associated activation codes, but this is more time consuming as each tool has unique authorization codes for each application. I'll let you know what I see if I have time to check it out this weekend.

twrch
1st December, 2011, 10:50 PM
Liteace, have you tried simply re-creating bbims's image from scratch and copying it to your CF card again?

Liteace
1st December, 2011, 11:39 PM
Liteace, have you tried simply re-creating bbims's image from scratch and copying it to your CF card again?

Yep done that a few time just incase it missed a file when transferring to CF card but still the same

twrch
2nd December, 2011, 12:57 AM
What is the latest valid European smart card you have? 03 or 08? Also, I can't remember what version of EU his image has on it - is it 2008 or 2010?

fordfan
2nd December, 2011, 05:35 AM
twrch ive tried with 5 different card when i load the 2009 version that bib have here he ask for my card wich i do not have and then it install all off it but when i go into a gm for example it start to load then right back to the main screen

so after a while tried again and my firend let me use the his card he has them all

but still it a big no go still does the same thing

fordfan
2nd December, 2011, 05:36 AM
so i guess bibs gave to lite ace the 2010 update sniff just my luck

twrch
2nd December, 2011, 02:15 PM
so i guess bibs gave to lite ace the 2010 update sniff just my luck

I found the 2010 update in this thread yesterday... It's still back there, around page 9... All I needed was the ngt1024.img of the correct size - roughly 1,210,xxx bytes.

As far as I can tell, that image has domestic, asian, and european activated.

Liteace, which image are you using? The genisys2010 or genisys2009 one?

Liteace
2nd December, 2011, 06:06 PM
I found the 2010 update in this thread yesterday... It's still back there, around page 9... All I needed was the ngt1024.img of the correct size - roughly 1,210,xxx bytes.

As far as I can tell, that image has domestic, asian, and european activated.

Liteace, which image are you using? The genisys2010 or genisys2009 one?

Im using the 2010 i think as the domestic & asian is 2010 and the european is 2008 ??

fordfan
2nd December, 2011, 09:22 PM
i got the disk from the original and the file im getting for the server his not the same at all

twrch
4th December, 2011, 03:56 PM
The file on the server may have changed - Looks like system 5.0 may be coming out soon? Can anyone verify this? I just saw an ad for Genisys System 5.0 starter kit on Amazon - Added November 24th - Can anyone verify this?

twrch
4th December, 2011, 04:02 PM
Also, on a side note, I'm flying into Germany in a few days... Anyone have suggestions on what to do for a day in Frankfurt? I will be busy with work meetings all week, but have all of Sunday to myself.

Liteace
4th December, 2011, 04:28 PM
The file on the server may have changed - Looks like system 5.0 may be coming out soon? Can anyone verify this? I just saw an ad for Genisys System 5.0 starter kit on Amazon - Added November 24th - Can anyone verify this?

Yep looks like system 5.0 is out:

OTC 3421-138

twrch
4th December, 2011, 05:50 PM
Crap, and I just bought the 2010 Sytem 4.0 CF card.

fordfan
4th December, 2011, 07:40 PM
crap i dont even have the 2010 data on my card lol

Liteace
4th December, 2011, 07:46 PM
crap i dont even have the 2010 data on my card lol

Why not whats the problem, its all here

fordfan
4th December, 2011, 08:00 PM
nope the main file his not here i have all the rest off it and when i use my disk to get the updated file from the server im getting a different version each and everytime

could some one share to me the image off a 2010 file ?

Liteace
4th December, 2011, 08:44 PM
nope the main file his not here i have all the rest off it and when i use my disk to get the updated file from the server im getting a different version each and everytime

could some one share to me the image off a 2010 file ?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/updating-genisys-4-0-a-205669/index4.html#post1186352

twrch
5th December, 2011, 12:33 AM
Fordfan, I checked and there is only one version on the server. Is your machine locking up during the self-extraction of the image file? I am running Windows 7 64-bit and had this problem.

twrch
5th December, 2011, 01:15 AM
Yep done that a few time just incase it missed a file when transferring to CF card but still the same

Well, I am confused. It works on my tool. I was however already authorized for European imports '05... Maybe this is the difference. Were you previously (and legitimately) authorized for any version of the european software?

fordfan
5th December, 2011, 05:35 AM
dear twrch on the server here in canada im getting something november file so here in canada it updated and i cannot modify the main fil e could some one plzzz share that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Liteace
5th December, 2011, 10:05 AM
I've just looked through the smart cards and there is no euro smart card so looks like that's the problem, I thought it would had a padlock on screen like the others that can't be used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twrch
5th December, 2011, 07:51 PM
dear twrch on the server here in canada im getting something november file so here in canada it updated and i cannot modify the main fil e could some one plzzz share that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All versions of genisys NGIS update connect to the same website.

twrch
5th December, 2011, 07:53 PM
I've just looked through the smart cards and there is no euro smart card so looks like that's the problem, I thought it would had a padlock on screen like the others that can't be used

Makes sense. I suspect that getting an old EI 2003 card, activating it on your tool and then going back through bbims setup would fix the problem.

Liteace
5th December, 2011, 08:00 PM
Makes sense. I suspect that getting an old EI 2003 card, activating it on your tool and then going back through bbims setup would fix the problem.

Would be nice to have it working but not really to worried about Euro, would like to have it working for Jag and land rover but if I cant then so be it. I mainly use the scope and gas on the Genisys would like infotech 2010 !!

twrch
6th December, 2011, 09:22 PM
I wonder where bibms went.

Liteace
6th December, 2011, 10:06 PM
Don't know he's not been seen for a good while now. You say you've been working on this for a while, anything you can do to help us out ?

fordfan
6th December, 2011, 10:37 PM
last time i know bibm told me he did not have a computer no more it died or some other major prb with it

twrch
7th December, 2011, 01:27 AM
Don't know he's not been seen for a good while now. You say you've been working on this for a while, anything you can do to help us out ?

I'll have to look at his install script. I was hoping to do it over the weekend but just didn't have the time. I am leaving Friday for Germany and will be there all week, not returning until the 16th and then I have Christmas stuff to deal with...

So short answer, yes I can probably figure it out, but it probably won't happen until after new years :(

What I'm really excited to do is get the new 5.0 update when it is released and activate that.

fordfan
7th December, 2011, 04:09 AM
could i get the ngis update client plz

Liteace
7th December, 2011, 09:03 AM
What I'm really excited to do is get the new 5.0 update when it is released and activate that.

That will be definitely worth waiting for :)

twrch
7th December, 2011, 04:47 PM
My plan is to try and sell my system 4.0 card to a friend who owns a shop, and then use the money to buy the new card. Looks like the system 5 card is actually cheaper than the system 4 (depending on which one you buy). Says 3-4 weeks, hopefully it is out when I get back from the holiday!!

twrch
7th December, 2011, 04:48 PM
Also, has anyone wondered if the genisys guys know what we are up to? This forum is indexed on google. It seems that eventually they are going to get wise and do something to the software to prevent all of this :/

Liteace
7th December, 2011, 05:24 PM
If they do let's hope it take them
A while and someone can get it sorted before they do

fordfan
7th December, 2011, 07:09 PM
ok now when i try to get the file from theyr server it alway say failed to get the file since the file his only 366 meg and it stop at 340 but on the update it say it has it all

could some one plz share the main file so i could finally update my scanner plzzzz

fordfan
8th December, 2011, 01:33 AM
well we alway had the upper hand on mitchell and even with the new version coming out with it new key system we have them beat as for alldata same thing

and so much more so i guess it could change but we will alway have the uper hand since the many people here oubit the few they have hired lol like for the xbox 360 poor microsoft ......

and now poor me this his getting mind boggled here any computer i use to get the update on the server it getting a mismatch file in size and date or it giving me a complete file then error cannot download and nobody wanna share with me the hacked file or the original source you can pm me ill even donate if i have to

freshspeedo
8th December, 2011, 08:03 AM
Yes system 5.0 will be shipping in a few weeks.

The compact flash card is still the same (4Gig)
just like before.

twrch
9th December, 2011, 04:27 PM
There are other people on the 'net determined to crack this tool... I wonder how long with will take them to figure it out. I have to say, it's not hard. The fact that this tool has been around for more than 10 years and not been cracked (except by myself and later bibms) makes Americans look pretty effing stupid...

I must ask, how many non-North Americans even use this tool? I know this forum is UK based but is this tool actively marketed over there?

fordfan
9th December, 2011, 04:33 PM
holy i cannot get the file from the server it alway fail or give me a different file could some one share with me ?

Liteace
9th December, 2011, 05:12 PM
I must ask, how many non-North Americans even use this tool? I know this forum is UK based but is this tool actively marketed over there?

I'm using one outside the US, I don't think they market this tool in Europe

fordfan
12th December, 2011, 01:58 AM
wow this his supposed to be a help forum and member helping member ive been asking for help since i dont remember would it be possible that finally some one help me out here i can even donate im not asking much i can even post a picutre off what the soft do and wont let me get the file i need

Liteace
12th December, 2011, 08:51 AM
wow this his supposed to be a help forum and member helping member ive been asking for help since i dont remember would it be possible that finally some one help me out here i can even donate im not asking much i can even post a picutre off what the soft do and wont let me get the file i need

Mine does exactly the same as that, so just patch the file you have, load it to the CF card and try it

fordfan
12th December, 2011, 05:09 PM
it can the file his incomplete and the soft delete it and it locked that why i was asking for help getting frustrated you have no idea how lol

Liteace
12th December, 2011, 07:17 PM
it can the file his incomplete and the soft delete it and it locked that why i was asking for help getting frustrated you have no idea how lol

"it can the file his incomplete and the soft delete it and it locked that why i was asking for help"

Type a little slower cause that makes no sense, what soft delete what and what is locked ????

fordfan
12th December, 2011, 07:19 PM
dude im french so my english his not my 1 language

the update soft alway delete the update before it complete itself why no clue and it alway missing in size

Liteace
12th December, 2011, 07:30 PM
dude im french so my english his not my 1 language

the update soft alway delete the update before it complete itself why no clue and it alway missing in size

Its doesnt delete it, as its looking for updates a file will appear then disappear when its done, best thing to do is delete it all and re-install it and try again

fordfan
12th December, 2011, 07:32 PM
done that 20 time the file his incomple and then it say file transfert failed

fordfan
13th December, 2011, 01:43 AM
found a file so i made myself a 2010 image and just my luck when i see the choice i have everything 2010 but when i select a brand the 4.0 screen come up and then it bring me back

anywhere i go it say loading 4.0 system and then back to the 1 main screnn wtfffffffffff plz help me bad here ****ing piece off shit

fordfan
13th December, 2011, 04:05 AM
and now with playing and tryin and trying it finally work but

got mazda and jeep and mazda that dont want to go into the 2 menu they all come back to the main

wow could some one plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

fordfan
13th December, 2011, 04:28 AM
ok i finally got myself a image that i got from using and old p4 1.6 computer why it work dont know but i have the original image file

so i use your soft and made the patched image

cool

now for some odd reason borrow some card the activation one and it read the card and everything goes trought

but when i get into the scanner after im getting some wierd stuff like one it the gm that dont work after doing it a couple off time it alway change why no @%@# clue this his driving me insane im alway missing car brand it load to the 4.0 screen but then the please wait dont appear it revert back to the main menu where i can chose the car make it was doing the same thing on the 2009 version could you plz help me

fordfan
13th December, 2011, 10:33 AM
ok

im still way lost plz some one help me out

i must be doing somehting really wrong

any card i use any way i try wont work

twrch
19th December, 2011, 07:54 PM
Who is this "Alex"/tatyanka wierdo who is threatening me via PM? Check out his PM to me:

Look,smardelik.We made money on those updates and steel making,thanks to "wise" guys from OTC,but your loud noisy bluff reducing our income...
It is Not hard for OTC to make it bullet proof(you should know it by now),but they left piece of pie for me and you ,so enjoy it-don't spoil
We(me,guys from texas,michigan,etc.) where there long before you(1998 to be exact)...I talk to bibms,he understood...now you...Remember,bicycle have been invented long before you been born

Alex

His first mistake - He thinks I am bluffing.
His second mistake - He thinks I will heed his partially unintelligible "advice"...

Lol.

fordfan
19th December, 2011, 08:10 PM
oh that why bibs stopped helping in this matter he felt threated by them

Liteace
19th December, 2011, 08:10 PM
He's here somewhere, have a look at 1st page of thread I hink his on there

fordfan
19th December, 2011, 08:11 PM
oh and i doubt that the 20 guy here are reducing his income lol 1 place none off us would have bought it in the 1 place we are here cuz we dont have the money to buy the original stuff

Liteace
19th December, 2011, 08:14 PM
Here he is:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/updating-genisys-4-0-a-205669/index2.html#post1161640

Read the next post #68 bibms reply to him, and there this and this in other threads and a few more on this thread

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f170/airbag-crash-2010-cadilac-cts-13504855-airbag-185137/#post1322517

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f178/need-help-immo-off-ducati-multistrada-iaw-5am-91242/#post446331

fordfan
19th December, 2011, 08:36 PM
oh yeah that the guy tha emailed me and wanted to sell me the soft and if i recall it illegal to sell shit here no ?

twrch
20th December, 2011, 04:16 PM
Oh, man. He is PM'ing me and he is pissed, saying that I am dishonorable for wanting to reveal Genisys secrets and keep him from earning money for his children or some crap like that...

Seriously? This dude is a common criminal trying to make money off of pirating firmware from a scan tool and then gets mad at me for talking about his perceived "secrets"?

I don't know what country he is from, but they must be really dumb and unethical there...

Hang in there guys, I will help with bbims stuff, it's just going to take some time... SO busy with life/holidays/work right now.

Liteace
20th December, 2011, 05:37 PM
Oh, man. He is PM'ing me and he is pissed, saying that I am dishonorable for wanting to reveal Genisys secrets and keep him from earning money for his children or some crap like that...

Seriously? This dude is a common criminal trying to make money off of pirating firmware from a scan tool and then gets mad at me for talking about his perceived "secrets"?

I don't know what country he is from, but they must be really dumb and unethical there...

Hang in there guys, I will help with bbims stuff, it's just going to take some time... SO busy with life/holidays/work right now.

Best thing to do is not take any notice of him, let him rant and rave, just carry on as we were and ignore the nob

fordfan
20th December, 2011, 07:56 PM
that what ill do in hope that in 2012 we have a fully working 2010 image lol and then we can move to the 2012 soft for those scanner would be a great new year

twrch
12th January, 2012, 07:50 PM
Found some more people working on this on another site. Emailed them. This is NATO, guys. This is the thread that contains useful info. Will start working on this project actively when I return to the USA in 2 weeks.

twrch
12th January, 2012, 07:51 PM
Fordfan, are you working yet? If not, let me know, I will try to compile bibms's image and upload it somewhere for you.

fordfan
13th January, 2012, 04:02 AM
i made one work but im still getting werid bug like scanner wont let me work with one model brand like mazda all the rest work really weird

Liteace
13th January, 2012, 09:01 AM
Mine does the same with Mazda, when you select it it goes back to the main Asian screen

fordfan
13th January, 2012, 09:03 AM
yup exactly then im not crazy man do we need the 2011 or 2012 update with all the soft working corectly plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

some one make my day been having some horrible luck lately
see the doc today and it not getting any better i have to have a brain scan either tumor or blood cloth or soem other shit so having so much fun

twrch
13th January, 2012, 09:10 PM
The 2011 software should be out in a month or so. I am going to drop the cash and buy the card, and then work on unlocking it using bibms's method so you guys can use it without having to worry about faking smart card codes and such. I'm in a plane right now, drinking a beck's and wishing I was home... THIS SEAT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!!! I'll get to work when I return... Should also be a few people from another site joining the project - Some of whom have been working on the same type of hack that I am working on. Cheers!

Liteace
13th January, 2012, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=twrch;1410725]

I'm in a plane right now, drinking a beck's and wishing I was home... THIS SEAT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!!!

QUOTE]

WOW what sort of plane you on then that you can use internet, everythime I get on a plane we're not even alowed to use a digital watch :p

fordfan
13th January, 2012, 09:41 PM
twrch we shoudl all be here lol and maybe we could make the 2010 version work 100% before we move to the 2011 lol just in case it take way longer then 1 month

BimmerGT1
15th January, 2012, 04:03 AM
If needed I have TIS 2000 up to 2008, and Tech2, but I do want to update my Genisys, let me know if need some flash files I also have a passtrough device and they all work with TIS2000.

BimmerGT1
15th January, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'm kinda curious as to what else the passthrough function can be used for and if it would be possible to use it on other cars for other purposes

Yes you can use for other brands actaually for all of them that support passtrough devices . I also have the TIS2000 up to 2008 if need some files for flashing, Any passtrough device will work on Tis 2000

BimmerGT1
15th January, 2012, 08:16 AM
And dont need to pay attention to Yatyanca I belive it is, you have done an incredible job, thank you and hope you come back with the final update for the real dk members

BimmerGT1
15th January, 2012, 08:38 AM
Does anybody have the NGIS part 5 ; Ineeded thank you

Liteace
15th January, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes you can use for other brands actaually for all of them that support passtrough devices . I also have the TIS2000 up to 2008 if need some files for flashing, Any passtrough device will work on Tis 2000

Where do we find more info on this ???

NightDragon
15th January, 2012, 03:48 PM
If needed I have TIS 2000 up to 2008, and Tech2, but I do want to update my Genisys, let me know if need some flash files I also have a passtrough device and they all work with TIS2000.
Where can we find the TIS 2000 up to 2008?
Thanks

BimmerGT1
16th January, 2012, 12:52 AM
Where can we find the TIS 2000 up to 2008?
Thanks

I have them NAO IZUSU BRASIL , but problem is uploading, I may upload one so you guys can have a look.

Any of you guys have the part #5 of ngis I need it to update my tool.

fordfan
16th January, 2012, 12:55 AM
night dragon there was a tis saab 2008 and gm tis 2007 those where the only version that where out there

Mardi Gras
16th January, 2012, 03:31 AM
Does anybody have the NGIS part 5 ; Ineeded thank you

You gotta hit up superc0 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/70358-superc0/) for the link to the file. I'm trying to get that too.

I got directed here by twrch from a different website... I hope there is something I can do to contribute to this project at some point. Unfortunately I don't know C++ or anything about linux... I can lift really heavy boxes high above my head, though :)

This whole thread is really a cluster **** of information and obsolete files. After spending hours reading through it I understand what's going on, but I wish we could start a new thread and clean it up with some clear step by step instructions for people like fordfan.

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 05:12 AM
You gotta hit up superc0 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/70358-superc0/) for the link to the file. I'm trying to get that too.

I got directed here by twrch from a different website... I hope there is something I can do to contribute to this project at some point. Unfortunately I don't know C++ or anything about linux... I can lift really heavy boxes high above my head, though :)

This whole thread is really a cluster **** of information and obsolete files. After spending hours reading through it I understand what's going on, but I wish we could start a new thread and clean it up with some clear step by step instructions for people like fordfan.

He is not alone I just received the download link for ngis part 5, now I believe have all files needed to updathe tool, but Im lost dont have a clear instructions, I follow the steps found here but I cant patch the file, I have the software suggest by , but cat get it to work if someone have the steps I have to do, thank you.

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 06:04 AM
you have to run the update software and get the newest 4gb update downloaded to your computer before you begin

then after you have confirmed that your ngis1024.img is 1,210,982,400 bytes

make sure that xdelta3 and gen2010.vcdiff are in the same directory as your ngis1024.img file

open a cmd prompt and navigate to that directory

run this command

"xdelta -d -s ngt1024.img gen2010.vcdiff"

i know that i have omitted the destination file name from bibms's original command but it would not create that file (maybe a windows 7 security issue?)

without a specified filename xdelta will build the output file as "patched.img"

How do I get the ngis1024.img is 1,210,982,400 bytes , when this file get the bytes needed , dont get it is after I download the update?, or when I path the original file with gen2010.vcdiff , Im lost, if someone can explain what they did to get this working will be a plus.

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 06:28 AM
its going now :bird: 65MB so far

Thanks again

Could you upload the update file? thank you

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 07:18 AM
If you look into your C:\NGIS folder you will see the file shown in the screen shot I have uploaded.

Hi, could you upload the update file, if possible so I can try the final update, thanks

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 07:56 AM

Im having same problem try with a cf card 4gb and probably deletes other files from the orinal install try that I will get a cf card and see what happend because Im using aan 8gb usb stick and let me go trough the download, first time it give a 4gb file, seconfd time a 1 gb file I copy both files to my pc, but I dont see a 360mb file on my ngis folder so cant do much, and like you said no body wants to share what they got from here, its like they want for themselfs anyways hope they change and post a link to download, Im not a leecher or worst one of those guys that get anything they can for free and sell it all over.

Well I will try some other time with the right size cf card and see if it work.

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 08:14 AM
Who is this "Alex"/tatyanka wierdo who is threatening me via PM? Check out his PM to me:

Look,smardelik.We made money on those updates and steel making,thanks to "wise" guys from OTC,but your loud noisy bluff reducing our income...
It is Not hard for OTC to make it bullet proof(you should know it by now),but they left piece of pie for me and you ,so enjoy it-don't spoil
We(me,guys from texas,michigan,etc.) where there long before you(1998 to be exact)...I talk to bibms,he understood...now you...Remember,bicycle have been invented long before you been born

Alex

His first mistake - He thinks I am bluffing.
His second mistake - He thinks I will heed his partially unintelligible "advice"...

Lol.

I just have one word for kind of asshole **** off, you protect what you think is yours from hard work of others shame on you we come to this forum to share some knowledge, but you guys are just Full osf shit.

Hope you dont get treated by this guys and if you really want to contribute to this project go ahead and dont bother paying atention to this guy.

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 08:18 AM
Where do we find more info on this ???

What exactly do you need ?

fordfan
17th January, 2012, 08:32 AM
it finally worked with and old computer and with a brand new windows install why go figure

Liteace
17th January, 2012, 09:12 AM
Im having same problem try with a cf card 4gb and probably deletes other files from the orinal install try that I will get a cf card and see what happend because Im using aan 8gb usb stick and let me go trough the download, first time it give a 4gb file, seconfd time a 1 gb file I copy both files to my pc, but I dont see a 360mb file on my ngis folder so cant do much, and like you said no body wants to share what they got from here, its like they want for themselfs anyways hope they change and post a link to download, Im not a leecher or worst one of those guys that get anything they can for free and sell it all over.

Well I will try some other time with the right size cf card and see if it work.

Thats the reason all the info is not on here and has been done via PM to stop the leechers and the thieves that want to earn a quick buck, I will sort out what you need and PM you later, when I say later I dont know how much later as I have a real busy day today

BimmerGT1
17th January, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thats the reason all the info is not on here and has been done via PM to stop the leechers and the thieves that want to earn a quick buck, I will sort out what you need and PM you later, when I say later I dont know how much later as I have a real busy day today

Thank you all I need is the exe update file, I guess you get this once you download from the server I get to the point where I star to download some file to my memory stick but my ngis folder is empty I mean I dont see the file need to update the original file, and proceed with the patch.

twrch
19th January, 2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=twrch;1410725]

I'm in a plane right now, drinking a beck's and wishing I was home... THIS SEAT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!!!

QUOTE]

WOW what sort of plane you on then that you can use internet, everythime I get on a plane we're not even alowed to use a digital watch :p

I was on a domestic connection between Detroit and Atlanta - Most of our domestic flights have internet, but the international ones do not. Heading back next week, I'll hit you guys up then.

Liteace
19th January, 2012, 03:32 PM
[quote=Liteace;1410756]

I was on a domestic connection between Detroit and Atlanta - Most of our domestic flights have internet, but the international ones do not. Heading back next week, I'll hit you guys up then.

Thats good news, cant wait

Thanks

rrob311
20th January, 2012, 02:21 AM
So did any of the bugs come out yet? I am not sure what card works for 4.0. I need to get the Evo up to speed. Any 2010 out there?

fordfan
20th January, 2012, 02:56 AM
damn the mazda 2010 dont work this suck hope we get it all fixed in the 2011 data or a patch for that one so at least the 2010 work 100%

rrob311
20th January, 2012, 03:18 AM
I would be surprised if it had any special coverage for mazda. I know 08 didn't. I am curious to find out though.

fordfan
20th January, 2012, 03:36 AM
well on the 2010 the mazda app in the genesys it dont even load up so it even worse

rrob311
20th January, 2012, 03:53 AM
The previous versions only had data and codes. There were no special functions. Decent data but that was it. Too many holes in coverage for certain things.

Liteace
8th February, 2012, 10:47 PM
Any progress on this ??

fordfan
9th February, 2012, 12:05 AM
yeah any update cuz now i have mazda ford and mercedez that dont work sni

Liteace
9th February, 2012, 12:29 AM
yeah any update cuz now i have mazda ford and mercedez that dont work sni

If your not happy just put your old CF card back in and it'll go back to how it was before

fordfan
9th February, 2012, 12:31 AM
yes i know but i dont have any other card needed to update my scanner lol since did not had any info before that so im stuck with this so i just hope to get some update 11 or 12 or even a fully working 2010

Mardi Gras
18th February, 2012, 05:17 AM
Can somebody PM me the link to the last NGIS file from super? I finally got my 4gb card.

Thanks
-RP

BimmerGT1
28th February, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks but i didnt get any error message ?
I'll be up all night trying to sort it

can someone upload the final image 2010 because my external hdd was damage lost all my software, superceo did send me the last part of this file also megaupload you guys knows is closed, so please help me out.

Mardi Gras
28th February, 2012, 09:15 PM
I need that file too.
Is there anything I can do to help with this project? I'll chip in however I can.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Liteace
28th February, 2012, 09:19 PM
I think its a dead duck, nothing been happening on here for months

Mardi Gras
28th February, 2012, 09:27 PM
That sucks. Twrch was gonna work on it a little, guess he got busy with work.

I'm waiting for people much smarter than me to write software updates for my phone, too. Hacks and performance tweaks...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

fordfan
28th February, 2012, 10:20 PM
yeah we are all waiting for smarter people to help us here cuz even me i dont have a clue on how to play with those file

fordfan
4th April, 2012, 05:03 PM
bump ! any update here would be appreciated

Liteace
4th April, 2012, 05:31 PM
sold mine, result, so no more problems with the pile of crap

fordfan
4th April, 2012, 05:42 PM
did not sold mine so any good new would be nice lol

zcc
17th June, 2012, 01:39 PM
Can someone reupload the file. I have a bad CF card and no CD's.

Mustangman1995
10th August, 2012, 06:40 AM
Wow.... I just sat for like 3 hours and read all 27 pages here. Didn't want to be the idiot that asked questions already answered, ya know?

Well It looks like everyone who knew how to do this stuff isn't on it anymore. I would like to learn. I have background in programming with C++ but very limited knowledge of linux. I'm bummed. Oh well. I did download the teraterm program and I have that cable so I am going to attempt to learn on my own. If anyone with knowledge of the installing scripts and injecting files into images is still following this thread I would love to hear from you. I have done a little hex editing with airbag module resets but am probably way over my head.

If anyone is interested I have image files of system 3.0 4.0 and 5.0 that are updated and ready to be installed into a genisys. I have also successfully flashed the older black power button genisys beyond 3.0. Unfortunately all of these are just legitimate copies but if you score yourself any simpletech CF card (1GB for 3.0 and at least 2GB for 4.0 and 5.0) They work even if they didn't come from OTC

Thanks
Aaron
:beerglass:

fordfan
10th August, 2012, 07:05 AM
that would be nice to share the 5.0 2012 then maybe one off us could tinker with it and make it work for all

BestElectrical
28th September, 2012, 07:26 PM
Wow.... I just sat for like 3 hours and read all 27 pages here. Didn't want to be the idiot that asked questions already answered, ya know?

Well It looks like everyone who knew how to do this stuff isn't on it anymore. I would like to learn. I have background in programming with C++ but very limited knowledge of linux. I'm bummed. Oh well. I did download the teraterm program and I have that cable so I am going to attempt to learn on my own. If anyone with knowledge of the installing scripts and injecting files into images is still following this thread I would love to hear from you. I have done a little hex editing with airbag module resets but am probably way over my head.

If anyone is interested I have image files of system 3.0 4.0 and 5.0 that are updated and ready to be installed into a genisys. I have also successfully flashed the older black power button genisys beyond 3.0. Unfortunately all of these are just legitimate copies but if you score yourself any simpletech CF card (1GB for 3.0 and at least 2GB for 4.0 and 5.0) They work even if they didn't come from OTC

Thanks
Aaron

Could you share with 4.0 and 5.0 links, and how to make them work. thank you

fordfan
29th September, 2012, 07:31 AM
any update it been a real long while

BestElectrical
8th October, 2012, 06:30 AM
anyone has the 2012 update cd? please upload and share...

BestElectrical
17th October, 2012, 06:15 PM
Nobody updated their scan tool with 5.0?

rcaid99
3rd November, 2012, 08:40 PM
I was like Mustangman1995 reading al 27 pages hoping that it will have a happy ending but i can see every one is giving up on this, i have genesys up to 3.0 and would like to upgrade it, and now i know it can be done without spending thousand of dollars ,so how about we learn how to do it but we need the help of those that know more than others and give us a start point! i dont have those files at the begining of the thread if some one can pm with it and also if some one knows the other site trying to do this too!

Mustangman1995
6th November, 2012, 07:05 PM
but if you score yourself any simpletech CF card (1GB for 3.0 and at least 2GB for 4.0 and 5.0) They work even if they didn't come from OTC

Thanks
Aaron

Well unfortunately that isn't true. I've had limited success finding commercial grade cards that actually work. They are out there but not many. ANY simpletech or stech card will not work.

:-(

fordfan
6th November, 2012, 07:27 PM
wow im now guessing that this tread his dead

Mustangman1995
6th November, 2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.freefilehosting.net/ngis5

Ok that's the link to the update software. U will need to put in a card with an image on it when it asks. Don't bother wasting your time and money tho. I've tried a dozen kinds and only one type works. I'll have the link to the image I have once it uploads the whole way but I imagine it will take hours.

Mustangman1995
6th November, 2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.freefilehosting.net/ngis5

Ok that's the link to the update software. U will need to put in a card with an image on it when it asks. Don't bother wasting your time and money tho. I've tried a dozen kinds and only one type works. I'll have the link to the image I have once it uploads the whole way but I imagine it will take hours.

shitad
6th November, 2012, 09:33 PM
It's been a long time since I last looked at my Gensys but if I remember corectly I bought a SanDisk 2GB Ultra compactFlash with 15MB/s and its work with out any problems at all.

Mustangman1995
6th November, 2012, 10:07 PM
Is that with the version that of 3.0 that was on here and cracked? I tried SanDisk as well as many other brands. As soon as u fire it up it says unsupported compact flash.

Mustangman1995
7th November, 2012, 09:02 PM
Also I'm not referencing day to day operation. You can pull a card out of any of these Copy it to a cheap no name and put that one in and it works fine. Great for a back up but, as soon as you attempt an update then you are screwed.

atommota
14th November, 2012, 07:21 PM
Can anyone confirm that connecting via Putty or Teraterm works? I opened my Genisys and ohm'd out what the Tx, Rx, and GND pins were on the RJ45 jack. Then I tried connecting at 9600-8n1 as mentioned earlier in the thread but I'm not seeing anything. I've tried all the other standard baud rates. Any suggestions? I'll put them on an o'scope later but just wondered if anyone else has gotten it to actually work.

Mustangman1995
14th November, 2012, 07:34 PM
I got Teraterm to work with the default settings. Some of the 10+ genesys I have sitting in front of me work others do not. Not sure yet if it's a software unlock (Connectech) or if they are broken.

atommota
14th November, 2012, 07:57 PM
And it gives you a linux (or LynxOS) command prompt? any chance you could ohm out our cable to confirm the connections I have?

I'd really like to continue work on updating these units as was happening a year ago on this thread.

Mustangman1995
14th November, 2012, 08:11 PM
No it more looks like it outputs text. haven't managed a command prompt yet. Gonna get a buddy of mine over here when I can I'm not familiar with Linux.

atommota
14th November, 2012, 08:45 PM
Interesting. Thanks for screenshot. Looking around the net I dont find a lot about these, but it does appear that people have gotten to a command prompt at some point.

Connectech is locked on my unit. That may be why I dont see anything which is unfortunate. Of you units that work/dont work does it seem to follow the pattern that they work on ones with Connectech unlocked?

Hitting enter at after that text scrolls by doesnt produce a command prompt? What system are you running? I'm 2.0.

If I cant get this external one running, I'm going to test out some unpopulated headers I see on the board internally. But I'd hate to have to start soldering to my board...especially when there is a port broken out already.

Mustangman1995
14th November, 2012, 09:00 PM
I think i got some type of command prompt when all done but I couldn't enter any text. I'll get more ss later when I can. I got a thing tonight but can work on this stuff tomorrow. Private message me with an email or Chat ID and we can get our heads together later. I got KIK Touch Yahoo Aim Whatever you use

atommota
18th November, 2012, 01:24 AM
I'm on system 2.0. Do all of your systems that actually talk over the serial port have something newer on them? I can get the terminal to echo characters now, but nothing beyond that.

atommota
21st November, 2012, 06:32 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the image that bibms made? I'd like to what his image did to activate the console.

sukkamotton
13th March, 2013, 09:45 PM
hello any news with the otc update im looking for gm sps if posible to activated

fordfan
14th March, 2013, 01:53 AM
talk about a dead subjet while so many off us wanted to still get it 8-(

kidvis
18th March, 2013, 06:00 AM
Im new to the forums, Ya'll have the only real info on the Genisys. Just finised hours reading all 28 pages. Please Please Please. If you have any of the software (or links) listed in the previous pages, please PM me. ANYWAYS, Those of you looking to log in on the rj45 port and putty..... press ctrl-c to gain a user prompt. (username & pw prompt) I am still looking for username/pw so any help there would be appreciated. I have been on and off working on this alone for months and would love to start developing.

twrch
1st June, 2013, 03:41 PM
I am fully able to activate any and all software on the Genisys, and have been able to since about ~2004. I am SHOCKED that noone else has discovered this yet. You DON'T need to know the username/password that you log in to the device with. It changes with revision of the device and it's much easier to simply CHANGE it to something you know instead of trying to crack it. This is the first step of MANY.

Here is why I won't give out my work:
1 - I have at least a months worth of evenings in to the research, learning and terminal time with this machine and it's associated operating system.
2 - Noone asking for the knowledge seems to be able to offer anything of value in return (They offer things that I can already get on my own... So what is the point).
3 - IT ISN'T THAT HARD. In order to crack this system, you must first understand it, understand how it works, what standards it conforms to, how the authentication for new apps works, etc... This requires THINKING and LEARNING.

This is the problem with people nowadays. A bunch of useless little lemmings who simply want to copy the work of the hard-working few, and call it their own. Screw that, man! Figure it out. Once again, I'll say: IT'S NOT THAT HARD. You simply need to expand your brain and spend a few evenings a month learning new things. You will get so caught up in the learning and then suddenly BAM! You see how it all works and you know how to change it.

I will tell you:
1 - The secret to cracking this tool is not in the CF card.
2 - Once you crack it, you can put in a retail-purchased CF card and it will recognize you as having all applications activated, go through the install procedure, and install them all for you.
3 - If you are determined enough to get in to the OS and start playing around with it, look at older revisions of the OS. OTC has hidden some things in the new OS (like 4.0) that were easily accessible in the old OS. These things make modifying this tool much more intuitive, fun, and productive.

I still can't believe that I figured this out almost 10 years ago, guys. All I have seen since then is brute-force software-script hacks which are NOT the way to go. It's not that hard. I have posted messages online for experienced people to join up with me and develop custom software, and the only people who contacted me couldn't navigate their way thru a linux RTOS to save their lives. COME ON!!!

/end rant

fordfan
1st June, 2013, 05:43 PM
then tell him how to get in since kidvis want to help more

i dont get it youre here to leech on people or give back it a community here and yeah there will alway be stupid people that stole shit it life

so many people got this happend to them you can ask everybody on the net it happend

Mardi Gras
2nd June, 2013, 11:17 AM
Twrch you should visit xda-developers.com and see individuals and groups of people who have put literally THOUSANDS of man-hours into developing custom software for every Android device ever invented and develop custom OS's for the new ones within days of their release. They make no money, ask for nothing, and get nothing but thanks and kudos. Oh, and coincidentally, when there is a new device released the devs hardly ever actually have to buy one themselves, there is usually one donated to whoever needs it within days of the release. My Galaxy SII runs absolutely AMAZING because of the sweat and tears of people I'll never meet. All I can do is be appreciative.

See, this is the problem with self centered people who think they're so goddamn smart because they're good at something.

You spent some time learning about it, that's awesome that you have enough of an interest in it to become an expert at this.

I've spent months of evenings learning about how to train dogs, amateur mycology, marksmanship, automotive repair, high performance motorcycle riding, and so many other things I'm at an expert-level of knowledge on I can't even remember.

When somebody has a problem with their dog, I teach them how to communicate with it. When somebody has a broken car, I fix it. When somebody needs help at the range, I get them on target. When the new guy needs somebody to ride with, I ride with them.

You know what each of those people have ever given me in return? Just about not a ****ing thing. But that's okay because when I've needed something and had NO idea where to go, somebody appeared out of the blue and helped me out, asking for nothing in return. I can't think of a time that I have ever needed or even wanted something I couldn't get on my own, that I didn't get by another person's grace.

See twrch, that's what makes the world go'round. People helping other people out. Because if we were each in it for ourselves we'd all be ****ed.

You can take your scan tool and stick it up your ass, I'd rather use generic OBDII than take your help you self important piece of shit.

fordfan
2nd June, 2013, 04:15 PM
well said ....and he can visit anybody on the iphone developper or even the xbox scene or ps3 scene it all the same

and worse he talk about so many thing but there his no proof off what he supposedely has done

twrch
4th June, 2013, 02:09 PM
It's not that I don't want to help. I am willing and able to help people who ask educated questions. You know, people who actually want to LEARN how to do it, and understand it, vs. people who want to copy it 1:1, never understand it, benefit from it, and walk away.

This world has become infected with these 1:1 people as of late, and I would prefer that those people all go find a hole and die in it.

I love learning, I have been learning my whole life and I LOVE electronics, the automotive world, and computers in general. I get so excited when I find someone else who actually wants to LEARN and UNDERSTAND things. It breaks my heart when some spolied little ***** demands the results of my hard work without even caring about understanding it. He only wants to mindlessly copy it and then claim it as his own work. There is no place in the world for people like that - They are parasites and they need to be destroyed, before they destroy us. The only way that I can contribute to their destruction is by refusing to give them what they want.

Those who want to PM me and ask educated questions, please do so. I will help you as time allows. This tool is easy to hack once you know the OS and the OTC/Genisys scripting system. You don't need to copy smart cards, or even emulate them. You don't need to copy CF cards. I can go buy a retail CF card with a genuine OS update on it, put it in my tool, and it will install, seeing every smart card that I have ever programmed in to it.

twrch
4th June, 2013, 02:10 PM
You know what? That's what it comes down to. I'm deeply offended by people who don't want to LEARN to do it themselves. I don't know why. It's just me.

fordfan
4th June, 2013, 04:10 PM
im willing to learn but programming his really not my forte and im sure im not alone

twrch
4th June, 2013, 07:26 PM
And that is fine. I'm not talking about people like you.

Maybe I'll get banned for saying this... but most of the people I am talking about are ASIANS. Mostly the chinese. I'm not talking about the ones in China, either. I'm talking about the ones that come to the US/UK/whatever to use our schools, learn enough to be dangerous, copy EVERYTHING they get their hands on, send it back to their country, and screw us hard working folk over. It pisses me off. They never should have been allowed into our countries in the first place.

I guess I should just write a guide to hacking the genisys. It doesn't require much programming experience at all, more just DOS-like command line experience for dealing with the lynx OS on the tool which is very similar to linux.

im willing to learn but programming his really not my forte and im sure im not alone

twrch
4th June, 2013, 07:47 PM
Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread experienced at all with programming?

Here's the only thing I need to figure out to make a full write-up easy and painless:

Situation:
A new security card has a code on it. There is a unique code for each piece of software.
Each scan tool has a unique serial number. The authentication script uses the numerical part of the tool's serial number.
When a security card is used and paired with the tool, there is some sort of mathematical process which generates some number from the description of the software (i.e. "Pathfinder European 2012") and this number is hashed with the scan tool's serial number, generating a whole *new* number. This new number is what gets written into the flash and tells the software that you are authenticated.

Knowns:
-Obviously, the serial # of the scan tool is known
-The "virgin" number of the security card can be read, but it's not really necessary to know this... I suppose that if I knew all of these, another way to activate apps would be to emulate a security card and present these codes to the security card slot... Hmm.
-The "hashed" code which is the combination of the "virgin" code and the scan tool's serial number. I am able to generate these hashed codes without knowing what the original "virgin" code ever was.

Unknowns:
-The exact mathematical process that the tool uses to generate "hashed" code. This code can be generated without the "virgin" code, meaning that all you need to know is the EXACT text description of the software like "Pathfinder 2012 " (the software description is ALWAYS the same length, so it must be able to generate both the "virgin" and "hashed" codes knowing only the TEXT description and SERIAL NUMBER of the scan tool.

I know it is a simple mathematical process. It has to be. The "virgin" code on the security card isn't even some "Secret" code - I think it is simply a CRC code that is used to verify that the security card isn't corrupt. Then, when the tool is authenticated for an app, it has this "new" CRC code - And you simply de-hash the "new" code with the tool's serial number (giving you the ORIGINAL "virgin" CRC number) and compare this to the CRC of the TEXT description of each application.

The problem is that I've used different methods of generating a CRC of the text descriptions, and none of them match the "virgin" code that I think is a CRC code. So they are doing some other simple mathematical process on it in addition to CRC, maybe? This is their idea of "security"??

Anyway, if this makes sense to anyone, let me know. I'm not super talented when it comes to programming, I learn only what I need to. I haven't put any more work in to this since I already have an easy way to generate the "hashed" codes which is all you need to authenticate apps on a genisys scan tool.

fordfan
4th June, 2013, 11:55 PM
or youc could just help people like me in the back lol since i dont know shit about programming i used to do basic for the commodore 64 and i got bored fast and that was it

twrch
6th June, 2013, 08:43 PM
I'm working with a member right now and if we get his up and running then hopefully he can help more people... I work 80+ hours a week and honestly I just don't have much time to do anything anymore (except for work and sleep)

fordfan
7th June, 2013, 04:24 AM
you can just share in private lol or to just a few

Mardi Gras
8th June, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sharing in private is no good, that doesn't help the community.

I'd contribute what I could to this project, but unfortunately I don't know anything about linux. I grew up on DOS though, command line prompts are no stranger to me.

twrch
14th June, 2013, 04:10 PM
I have serious concerns about public sharing of knowledge that allows activation of thousands of dollars of applications without paying for them. This is akin to piracy, I'll privately share info on the architecture of the scan tool and how it works but I don't think I could ever give a tutorial on how to activate the apps. I learned how to do this nearly 10 years ago, and it seems that the only "hacks" that exist out there right now are brute-force modifications of the install scripts (like bibms' work) that give partial functionality at best.

What I'm saying is, it appears that I may be the only guy who can just log into the tool, create smart card data, and activate the apps. This means that I would be the only guy that OTC would go after and *@#&% over for releasing this information. I don't want to start a war with a company that most surely has buckets of lawyers.

Just sayin'

fordfan
14th June, 2013, 05:44 PM
1-lol they dont even suport that old tool anymore they have moved on
2- youre on a private server so i was the first one to hack mitchell with my key file and nothing ever hapened
3 in wich place are you located usa canada .....

twrch
27th June, 2013, 12:45 AM
When did you hack mitchell? I cracked both Mitchell and Alldata in the 90's, no key file needed.

Bad news - I just tried to update one of the newer genisys scan tools with my 'easy' method (the newer tools that have the faster processor, my tool is 10 years old) and the 'easy' method that I was going to work on with rrob does NOT work. You need significant LynxOS knowledge and hardware knowledge to complete it. I don't think anyone I've talked to so far fits that description. If you have a 10 year old tool and it hasn't been updated, then activating the additional apps is EASY. If you have the newer tool, you need to understand how to write to the internal FLASH - The problem with this is that if you make one mistake, you just ruined your tool and it will have to be sent in to be repaired unless you have the hardware to manually re-flash the internal FLASH chip (NOT the CF card).

I don't want anyone ruining their tools. I am not going to be able to help you guys. I will tell you that if you learn the Lynx OS and development environment (if you can find it... it's hard to find but its out there) and teach yourself some electrical engineering principles, it can be done.

fordfan
27th June, 2013, 01:35 AM
well mine where no crack they where legit key file that made the soft fully open and registered and could be used over and over and i never saw a crack for mitchell except the 2012

before that nothing was working except my key files lol

and i have and old tool would it be possible to get help ?

oh and just in case im moobypets

BoOdA
7th July, 2013, 11:45 AM
Wow it's sure has been a long time since I've last been on here. After briefly going through some of the posts, I see there has been a little progress made with getting onto the serial console. But before I say anything else. I want to apologize for my disappearance. I've been going through a lot. I haven't been able to play around with my genisys after losing my serial cable. But I will tell you this. The last update that I had played around with had some new countermeasures that basically makes my patches useless. Apparently instead of enabling the software it actually put it into permenant demo mode. I guess the guys at OTC heard of my suggestions.. so in order to activate the software, we're gonna have to find another route... One thing on my mind though is how much progress you guys have made getting into the embedded system.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

fordfan
7th July, 2013, 05:33 PM
only a few are eable to do this and they seem to have it

BoOdA
8th July, 2013, 02:20 AM
only a few are eable to do this and they seem to have it

I am one of the few people. Mainly the originator. I''ve been trying to mess around with my genisys again but I need schematics for the serial cable. Since I lost mine.

fordfan
8th July, 2013, 06:21 AM
we need to pull trought so we can all have at least 2010 working 100% 8-)

BoOdA
8th July, 2013, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=fordfan;2023506]we need to pull trought so we can all have at least 2010 working 100% 8-)[/QUOTE
The last update I worked on works with my patches, but is missing some things and there were bugs in the installation progress. Its been so long since I worked on it. I'll have to dig it up. But it's still pretty pointless without a serial cable.

atommota
8th July, 2013, 03:23 PM
Here is the pinout for the serial console on the DB25 port to a RS232 port.

DB9 Pin 2 (RS232 RX) = DB25 Pin 4 (Genisys TX)
DB9 Pin 3 (RS232 TX) = DB25 Pin 3 (Genisys RX)

DB9 Pin 5 (RS232 GND) = DB25 Pin 23 (Genisys GND)

BoOdA
13th July, 2013, 07:42 AM
I've been currently thinking. If I release my version of the 2010 release. Will you guys be able to do anything? I still have the files on my hard drive. I just don't remember the password on it.

twrch
15th July, 2013, 07:21 PM
Were you doing the same thing as Bibms? Trying to modify the install scripts? If so, this isn't a permanent solution and the moment you try to update anything on the scan tool, you're back to square one.

The best way is to duplicate the smart cards, interface with the smart card reader and fake the smart cards, or burn the smart card codes to the on-board FLASH (not the CF card). This way, the fix is permanent and you can insert any OTC upgrade memory card and not lose your apps. I just did it with 2011 and it works fine.

BoOdA
20th August, 2013, 11:58 PM
The best way is to duplicate the smart cards, interface with the smart card reader and fake the smart cards, or burn the smart card codes to the on-board FLASH (not the CF card). This way, the fix is permanent and you can insert any OTC upgrade memory card and not lose your apps. I just did it with 2011 and it works fine.

well that is one way to do it. but if you don't have access to the necessary hardware then you try other things (which I am doing). I was thinking about trying to read out the flash memory but I don't have dumps to compare it with.

the new system 5.0 release has new security measures that requires getting a code from spx's website. I have made some progress by using the old executable from an old release on it. so far it seems like its working. but ill have to do more testing.

one more thing. anyone have the 3306-16? I need to know which pins are connected on it.

twrch
6th September, 2013, 07:32 PM
OTC's system 5.0 modifications are in direct response to their realization that some individuals have learned how to activate the software - Posting such information on the internet (such as on this site) is the reason for this. The new method can also be defeated, but it is more intensive and requires either customized software installed on the tool, or a separate app running on a PC (written by you) running in parallel with the tool.

Dumping the internal flash won't help with pre-5.0 systems. Every tool has a different serial number and hence different keys stored to activate the software. The memory addresses also vary between versions of the tool. This is why there is no "master unlock" where you simply install some uniform code on each tool. You could re-write your tool's serial number, this is one way to do it, but I suspect that future versions of the NGIS software will be transmitting tool identification info to OTC servers and therefore this is not advisable.

Why are you playing with the NGIS executable? All of the security is handled on the tool side... Also, why do you need to know the wiring for a smart insert? You can pick up the smart cable for a little more than $200. The smart inserts have been obsolete for years now...

fordfan
6th September, 2013, 08:55 PM
yeah it the internet but it a closed group here so .... let all share on the joy 8-)

twrch
25th November, 2013, 11:56 AM
No, it is not a closed group here. I will not release my method for system 5.0 and I would strongly suggest that no one else do so if you'd like to continue to enjoy free updates.

The way this is supposed to work, is that if you are determined enough, and have the time to learn how something like this works and crack it for yourself (with a few hints along the way for those who aren't as savvy) then you get to have a nice scan tool.

If you are a lamprey and simply wish to latch on to someone else's work and get something for nothing, then you are part of the problem. Sooner or later one of you will result in the manufacturer finding out that a crack exists and the manufacturer then takes corrective action.

I am in the same situation as you for another type of tool - I won't tell you what kind, let's just say that I have a $8,000 tool that has tens of thousands of software upgrades which I can not afford. Certain people who post on a forum have figured out how to do this. I have asked for assistance as this tool uses a rather proprietary OS and I know little to nothiing about it. These people refuse to tell me anything, except that it is possible - So - You know what? I'm learning a new OS from scratch, understanding how this tool works, and probably spending 100 hours in the next couple months figuring out how to crack it. All by myself.

This is what you need to do. It's called learning, and it's really good for your brain :)

fordfan
25th November, 2013, 07:27 PM
yeah well my brain already so busy with so much other shit that ive tried and failed so many time so ill ask differently can we talk on the side so i still get your hard work cuz ive done it a long time ago with mitchell and the key file everybody was using it was mine

twrch
1st December, 2013, 08:03 AM
The process requires your tool serial number. Then the license keys are generated. Then the license keys are physically loaded on your tool. Then a standard OTC upgrade flash card is run on the tool. I can't walk someone through this online. The only easy way would be to just write fake smart cards and sell them, but there is no way I'm touching that one with a 50 foot pole. I'm sorry, I can't just send you files and make your tool work. My method generates actual license keys so that the tool is operating normally and not in some "hacked" mode with rogue scripts. I work 80+ hours a week and I just don't have the time to figure any sort of easier way. Just know that it is possible, and if you learn linux/lynxOS and get to know the tool's software, you'll figure it out.

fordfan
1st December, 2013, 08:33 AM
then im doomed 8-(

twrch
1st December, 2013, 05:48 PM
No you aren't. Sooner or later, OTC will discontinue this line completely and then someone will release everything.

Also, have you looked at the other options available? There is a website out of china that sells exact copies of several OBD diagnostic solutions for a fraction of the price. Are we allowed to post links to outside websites in this forum?

fordfan
1st December, 2013, 11:24 PM
i have some other toll but this one work best with most off the car so i just wanted it to finally work corectly that was it 8-(

agitprop
13th September, 2015, 04:33 PM
Here's the link http://www.4shared.com/file/Zetm8YoM/gen05.html sorry for the delay
none of the links in this thread are valid can anyone repost???

agitprop
13th September, 2015, 05:31 PM
Since no one has posted on this thread in well forever, it is clear to me that this is not a productive use of my time. I had hoped that others would still want to solve this riddle but apparently not. I will defeat this machine... I only have to two modes: either I control the hardware or I sell or smash the thing for smd parts. I have no interest in working on defeating the smart cards. I can pay for new information if I need it. But I will be damned if I can't use a regular cf card or update with a factory cd. The automotive industry is populated with a bunch of greedy pigs and eventually these closed systems will be destroyed by market forces. I have seen it in other fields and it will come to pass with the automotive tools as surely as Zeus made little green apples. Till then I will post on elsewhere on this board. Hopefully someone will share my desire to bring this over glorified gameboy under its owners control. If not well there are lots of good mosfets in there.:banghead:

agitprop
13th September, 2015, 05:35 PM
:goodnight:

twrch
10th January, 2016, 08:58 AM
It's quite possible to hack the genisys. Not sure about the EVO tools but very likely its possible on those as well.

People have taken several different approaches - duplicating the smart cards, modifying an update image and re-packing it, and one other approach which I believed imaging a fully activated tool to one with no options.

Generating the keys that come from the smart cards is the easiest way. When the smart cards are shipped, each card for each option contains the exact same code, and it's not a long code. When you install the option, the serial number of the tool is hashed with the code on the smart card and that smart card is rewritten and forever locked to that tool.

You don't need the smart cards to activate the apps, you just need to write them to the right spot in the tool's memory.

I don't know where in memory this is but I do know that if you console into the tool you can use command line to run the utilitiy that write this memory. You can simply bypass the automatic reading of the smart card and manually write the code to the data file that the utility reads (to add a new license the tool first reads the smart card, writes its contents into a data file + hashes the smart card, then another utility is run which parses this data file). The data file is called 'license' or something like that.

So, you just need the codes for your tool. The code that you need is different for every tool as it's a result of a hash between the raw(original) smart card code and your serial number. I don't know exactly how to generate this since I never cracked the tool. However, if you go back to a very old version of the genisys operating system (maybe pre-2.0 I can't remember), you will be able to play with the utilities via the console and figure out how to do this.

To get in to console you'll need to make the RS232 DB9->RJ45 cable so you can communicate with the tool. Then you'll need to know the password. I never figured out the password on mine, I just modified the passwd file on the flash image to something that I knew. The actual password may be posted somewhere on this site or thread, I don't know. Definitely need access to the console to make this happen. You can use a terminal program to transfer files back and forth as you won't be able to edit the partition on the flash card with anything that I know of. If I recall correctly it was some sort of linux ext partition, but not a normal one because this genisys one was byteswapped or something oddball like that.

FYI, it runs on an older version of LynxOS, a ~$100k product so don't expect to find an SDK for it.

The reason that nobody shares something like this is because of the greed of others. If someone posted a detailed method of generating the keys, a bunch of a-holes would start selling counterfeit smart cards to shops all over the place, online, etc. So it's better if it only comes to those who are willing to really work for it, and learn something in the process. Took me many, many evenings to figure the tool out. By the time I was done, I just ended up buying a fully-equipped EVO on ebay for much less than the worth of the time that I spent tinkering with my original one. I really just did it to learn. I don't have more than this to share but I can tell you that if you work at it, you'll figure it out. Hint, even if you install a really old image (like pre-2.0 on it) you can still install keys even for the latest updates on that old OS (even though that old OS can not even run those newer apps). The old OS was really obvious on how to generate keys (well, I felt like it was). If you are able to find a way to get the old OS image loaded, it's much easier to deal with because old OS worked with serial cable updates and you could use a serial port sniffer to figure out the console password. Newer OS only supported CF card updates and so there was no serial port communication to sniff. I spent a lot of time tinkering with mine before I realized I just needed to log its console output during updates and study these to understand the tool.

Always keep a backup of your CF and remember how linux works. There is a boot partition that is configured to look in the CF for boot files. This changes(evolves) from the original OS and through each OS progression. Original tool only looked at internal CF, then later versions started using external. I bricked my tool by screwing up the boot image and had to image from a working tool to get mine functional again. It has been so long that I don't remember a lot of this but if you screw up, you can always get on ebay and get another bare tool, seems like they sell for less than a hundred bucks now.

One more FYI, shiny keys blue tool is the oldest version I would buy. Older ones have slow processors and new OS is very, very slow on them even if you do the CF hack and put your image on a higher speed CF. Of course its easy to screw up the higher speed CF such that it wants to do a complete file system check on every boot, mine did that and I ended up going back to the SimpleTech CF.

Str3atW
14th May, 2016, 10:14 PM
I just got a Genisys with software 4.0, it have 2010 Domestic Asian and 2008 Europe unlocked, but there is Heavy Duty Standard locked, which i would be interested in using.

You guys seems to know what you are doing, i'd like to get some pointers if possible. I have some knowledge on Linux OS, i used to build headless servers on debian for file transfer. I'm starting to take care of my wife's dad's trucks, he have two International, and i'd like to be able to scan it, would be a good addition to my set of skills.

Thanks

Str3atW
26th May, 2016, 12:58 PM
Not even a pointer?

baddawg69
6th March, 2017, 03:27 AM
i have an issue with a failed update that has left me with a genisys that will do nothing other than turn on to a blue screen until removing the battery and disconnecting the charger. have you encountered this?

baddawg69
12th March, 2017, 04:20 AM
I have. After paying almost $1000 to OTC for system 5.0 and new coverage for domestic asian and european the OTC tech support told me it couldn't be done without buying the 4.0 and installing it first. That was not true. I did it on the black button Genisys classic.

Builtsr20god
5th May, 2018, 02:45 AM
Could you share with 4.0 and 5.0 links, and how to make them work. thank you

Can someone make an iso of there 4.0 cf card and upload it?

agentruley
25th May, 2020, 05:26 PM
I am bringing this thread back from the dead. Hopefully some older peeps see it and are able to throw in some updates. I have a 3.0 tool that I am trying to get to 4.0 or 5. I also have quite a bit of knowledge about the hardware and software. Looking to work with someone to finish getting the rest of the information to get this working.

tatyanka
9th December, 2020, 12:05 AM
Last Genesys updates from OTC is 2015.
Seems No more updates will be available for that tool.
I know someone who can help with outdated tool.

twrch
24th September, 2021, 11:51 PM
For anyone looking for images of the CF cards, they are available on the genisys FTP site, which I would presume someone has already found (since it is referenced by the update software). Even up to the last software image, posted in 2016, it is likely all still there and everything you need to find it is contained within the update scripts. There is no reason to try and format cards on a mac or any of that stuff, because the software update tool itself will simply format and flash the card for you.
The contents of the smart cards is easy to read and duplicate, and if you don't have any to play around with, you can simply write the software options to the flash in the tool before putting in an upgrade CF card, and viola, after update, all the software options are installed. THE SOFTWARE OPTIONS ARE LITERALLY IN PLAIN TEXT ON THE CARDS. NO ENCRYPTION NOR OBFUSCATION. The software utility to read and write the cards is present on the scan tool! The software utility that takes the smart card contents and writes that option to internal flash is also on the scan tool! Older versions were very verbose in the console, which is very "helpful".
Anyway, now the genisys tools are super cheap, you can pick them up on eBay for next to nothing. Have fun.

UltraGad
16th October, 2021, 01:04 PM
For anyone looking for images of the CF cards, they are available on the genisys FTP site, which I would presume someone has already found (since it is referenced by the update software).

Thanks for the great work and conclusions.
Perhaps this will help someone in research.
In my free time, I want to try )
Unfortunately, so far I have not been able to find ftp site
It probably takes a little longer ))

galaxie1969
17th February, 2023, 05:55 PM
Hello, I really dont know linux or those programming issues. I have an otc genisys, with all programs locked. I been using this tool for years, because I own many pre 1995 lincoln cars with air suspension, this tool is one of the very few tools that can read this suspension systems. So I really dont need to unlock those features since air suspension and those functions works with no need to upgrade, also I use that tool with old cartridges, but been thinking that if I own the tool, Maybe will be nice to unlock some features. So please let me know if there are some easy way to do it, an of course I think knowledge have a cost because is your time. Let me know if you can and if you have the time to assist me and the cost. I have a pair of smart cards, one is 2010 domestic and the other is european 2010, if I insert them, the tool says to introduce some activation code. Sorry if I bother you, and delete if not allowed.