PDA

View Full Version : Updating to Genisys 4.0

Pages : [1] 2

bibms
10th May, 2011, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have the genisys 4.0 2010 or 2011 install software cd? I just recently upgraded And would kinda like to know how much data the 4.0 upgrade actually uses seeing as 4gb cf cards are a requirement for ver 4.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be willing to share a few tips. I was able to figure out how to activate the latest version using the old security cards.

shitad
13th May, 2011, 01:06 PM
Does anyone have the genisys 4.0 2010 or 2011 install software cd? I just recently upgraded And would kinda like to know how much data the 4.0 upgrade actually uses seeing as 4gb cf cards are a requirement for ver 4.

If anyone could help me out, I'd be willing to share a few tips. I was able to figure out how to activate the latest version using the old security cards.

I am intrested but I do not have the info you need. I have Genisys and Mac Mentor with 2003 software and secuity cards for them both, would love to upgrade them both if possible.

bibms
14th May, 2011, 04:32 PM
I am also using the 2003 smart cards. Only problem that I have seen upgrading was that it seemed as though the smart cable is required to do pretty much anything. I only got the cable with the ssi inserts so I really don't know if it works correctly. But it is a long and tedious process that I had to go through which I can try to help walk you through but you gotta be a little cpmputer savy. It involves a lot of hex editing and also an extra cf card.

shitad
15th May, 2011, 01:07 AM
I am also using the 2003 smart cards. Only problem that I have seen upgrading was that it seemed as though the smart cable is required to do pretty much anything. I only got the cable with the ssi inserts so I really don't know if it works correctly. But it is a long and tedious process that I had to go through which I can try to help walk you through but you gotta be a little cpmputer savy. It involves a lot of hex editing and also an extra cf card.

I will be greatfull for what ever help you can give.

xtwillox
15th May, 2011, 01:34 AM
I have 3.0 disc but not 4.0

rrob311
16th May, 2011, 03:42 AM
i have 09 software but no 4.0 card

Air
16th May, 2011, 05:24 AM

Oh, ya, , its very interesting!

bibms
16th May, 2011, 11:28 AM
Well guys I just thought of a way to make the installation to simply just writing a disk image to cf card. I want to do it this way for a few reasons. Simplicity and I'm not really ready to share how I did it just yet. I'm thinking of enabling up to 07 or 08 for now. Just to show as proof. I'm here to share knowledge not help people make a quick buck. But give me a day or two and I'll have something

Air
18th May, 2011, 03:28 PM
Well guys I just thought of a way to make the installation to simply just writing a disk image to cf card. I want to do it this way for a few reasons. Simplicity and I'm not really ready to share how I did it just yet. I'm thinking of enabling up to 07 or 08 for now. Just to show as proof. I'm here to share knowledge not help people make a quick buck. But give me a day or two and I'll have something

Hi!
any news?

superc0
24th May, 2011, 03:19 AM
HI HAVE THE 2010 EU,ASIAN AND EUROPEAN 2008 , I HAVE THE SOFT BUT I THINK ITS CORRUPTED, BECAUSE I SEND MY CF CARD, AND OTHERS THINGS TO SERVICE CENTER, AND THEY FIX MY PROBLEM, SOMEBODY NEEDS THIS SOFT?
MY INTERNET SPEED IS VERY LOW.

bibms
24th May, 2011, 07:37 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates people. Have been busy with work and life. Anyway I was finally able to come up with a crude patching solution that will work with what I'm trying to accomplish. I just found my old smart cards and will be testing out my custom cf card image to see if it all the activation and patching works right.. I'm really hoping to get it out tonight. So sit tight people there will be something coming.

Air
24th May, 2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates people. Have been busy with work and life. Anyway I was finally able to come up with a crude patching solution that will work with what I'm trying to accomplish. I just found my old smart cards and will be testing out my custom cf card image to see if it all the activation and patching works right.. I'm really hoping to get it out tonight. So sit tight people there will be something coming.

Thank, sir!! Still waiting!!!!!!!!:call2:

bibms
25th May, 2011, 01:55 AM
Ok file is being uploaded as I type this message should be done within the next hour or so. The link to d/l can be found at hxxp;//www.4shared.com/folder/Oy7DSeXj/eventually a file named gen05.rar will appear.

*installation&notes*
You will need to have a 1gb cf card. If you don't have a spare cf card to use *remember* to make a backup image. Just extract the files and write the image file to cf card using the supplied program or any compatible raw disk imaging program like dd. Once the image is written to the cf card. Put the card into your scantool and turn it on. Now make sure you have your old smart cards as they are needed to install the software. Now just follow the onscreen prompts. If you get a screen that says improper shutdown checking disk. Just wait a bit for the disk check to finish. It'll automatically restart itself and continue with install. After you finish With the setup/installation the scantool will restart itself and load up into the familiar application manager interface.

Some programs may not work. But I'm sure abs, domestic, import, and European will work. What's installed on the cf card is: System 4.0, 2005 domestic, 2005 import, 2005 european, and 2004 abs.

So go ahead and try it out and give me some feedback. One other note this disk image is still beta. But I do believe I got most kinks worked out for a trouble free install.. Oh I almost forgot you may want to create a backup of your internal cf card just in case. It's located inside your scantool and the only way to get to it is by opening up your genisys.

I suck at documentation and am a very busy person. So last thing I got to say is. Try at your own risk. Be smart and make backups of your cf cards. It works on my scantool and it should work for yours. If you run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help you get up and running

Damn slow unreliable wfi... ETA 2hrs

Air
25th May, 2011, 03:25 AM
Ok file is being uploaded as I type this message should be done within the next hour or so. The link to d/l can be found at hxxp;//www.4shared.com/folder/Oy7DSeXj/eventually a file named gen05.rar will appear.

*installation&notes*
You will need to have a 1gb cf card. If you don't have a spare cf card to use *remember* to make a backup image. Just extract the files and write the image file to cf card using the supplied program or any compatible raw disk imaging program like dd. Once the image is written to the cf card. Put the card into your scantool and turn it on. Now make sure you have your old smart cards as they are needed to install the software. Now just follow the onscreen prompts. If you get a screen that says improper shutdown checking disk. Just wait a bit for the disk check to finish. It'll automatically restart itself and continue with install. After you finish With the setup/installation the scantool will restart itself and load up into the familiar application manager interface.

Some programs may not work. But I'm sure abs, domestic, import, and European will work. What's installed on the cf card is: System 4.0, 2005 domestic, 2005 import, 2005 european, and 2004 abs.

So go ahead and try it out and give me some feedback. One other note this disk image is still beta. But I do believe I got most kinks worked out for a trouble free install.. Oh I almost forgot you may want to create a backup of your internal cf card just in case. It's located inside your scantool and the only way to get to it is by opening up your genisys.

I suck at documentation and am a very busy person. So last thing I got to say is. Try at your own risk. Be smart and make backups of your cf cards. It works on my scantool and it should work for yours. If you run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help you get up and running

Damn slow unreliable wfi... ETA 2hrs

... a message NO FILES IN THIS FOLDER appeared:pcguru:

bibms
25th May, 2011, 05:57 AM
Here's the link http://www.4shared.com/file/Zetm8YoM/gen05.html sorry for the delay

bibms
25th May, 2011, 10:10 AM
HI HAVE THE 2010 EU,ASIAN AND EUROPEAN 2008 , I HAVE THE SOFT BUT I THINK ITS CORRUPTED, BECAUSE I SEND MY CF CARD, AND OTHERS THINGS TO SERVICE CENTER, AND THEY FIX MY PROBLEM, SOMEBODY NEEDS THIS SOFT?
MY INTERNET SPEED IS VERY LOW.

Do you know specifically what version of the 2010 software you have? I am kind of curious on the amount of space it uses as I kind of want to compare with what I have. Would it be possible if I could get a raw disk image of your cf card?

shitad
26th May, 2011, 03:37 PM
Great work, all seems ok with System 4.0 upgrade, now I have
TPMS working up to 2010 ALL Markets
ABS working up to 2010 ALL Markets
SRS Working up to 2010 ALL Markets

The USA, Asian and European Diagnostic only goes to the year on the smart cards.

This is BIG BIG Progress and a million miles better that where I was stucked with all 2002 software.

If you know how to get GM SPS going that would be nice :hahaha:

GREAT WORK
Regards

bibms
27th May, 2011, 06:16 AM
The USA, Asian and European Diagnostic only goes to the year on the smart cards.
i kinda rushed the release but i will have that fixed. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way i was applying the patches.

If you know how to get GM SPS going that would be nice :hahaha:

im pretty sure i can get that to work. i was actually lazy and didnt bother to try to patch that.

well atleast there is interest in this thread. i was hoping there would be more people trying it out using different year smart cards and giving feedback but oh well.

shitad
27th May, 2011, 12:59 PM
In earlier post you mention a Disk Image software "DD", what software is this ? I wish to make backup of my internal card and save it to a file on my PC . Also is it possibe to change the Internal card to the 1Gb one that has system 4.0 on it hoping that this will speed up boot time with fsater CF card.

Regards

bibms
27th May, 2011, 01:55 PM
dd is actually a unix utility, but it does have ports to other os's. you can just use the program i included with the img file to create a backup of your cf card.

i havent tried swapping out the internal card and booting from it, but i tHink the cause of the slow bootup time is due to the old genisys hardware i believe the evo is a lot faster.

shitad
27th May, 2011, 03:42 PM
dd is actually a unix utility, but it does have ports to other os's. you can just use the program i included with the img file to create a backup of your cf card.

i havent tried swapping out the internal card and booting from it, but i tHink the cause of the slow bootup time is due to the old genisys hardware i believe the evo is a lot faster.

I tried using the software you posted but was unable to get it going.

bibms
9th June, 2011, 04:04 AM
ok this has been long over due. but i've gotten all the bugs worked out. just extract and write the image onto your cf card with dd. Just follow the screen prompts and be sure to have your smart cards handy, you will need them to activate the software. You will see messages saying that an older version is being installed but just go through and finish the installation. After it reboots you will see that the newer version is actually installed. here's whats included:

System 4.0
USA 2009 Asian
USA 2008 European
USA 2009 Domestic
TPMS 2009
ABS 2009
And some others but not tested.

*note*
if you don't have the smart card for a particular software. It won't be activated.. Sorry

Here's the link
Http://www.4shared.com/file/whZO8j_v/Genisys09-Final.html

shitad
9th June, 2011, 05:31 PM
Everything went just as you stated with no itch at all.
Now all my software are up to 2009, although my Smart Cards are at 2002. GM SPS is also now loaded BUT it will need the smart card.
I have not tested it on a unit as yet but from all indication all seems well so far.
Once again and I will post any other findings over the next few days as I will be testing it on different cars.

Thanks again. :top:

bibms
11th June, 2011, 08:01 AM
Well you're welcome. I know it's pretty much a requirement to use the new smart cable on most cars. But I believe it all works like it's suppose to. Seems like not many people are intrested in the genisys though. It ain't a hoax but whatever.. Enjoy

NightDragon
11th June, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi bibms I appreciate all your work on this!!!!
Can you any cf with this update, any size any brand?

I will try your method on a friends mentor, I am not sure what version he currently has. If it is a newer version, what could you use from it to help you develop another update for that version?

Thanks again

rp1210a
11th June, 2011, 09:22 PM
bibms dont give up on us yet. There arent many guys who still use the genisys. Many have come to learn it is slow compared to other scanners on the market. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

bibms
11th June, 2011, 11:48 PM
Hi bibms I appreciate all your work on this!!!!
Can you any cf with this update, any size any brand?

I will try your method on a friends mentor, I am not sure what version he currently has. If it is a newer version, what could you use from it to help you develop another update for that version?

Thanks again

Only requirement is you need to have a 1gig or larger cf card. And to be able to use the software to it's full potential you need to have the new smart cable, though you can still use the smart inserts but your options are very limited to the amount of cars you can use it on

NightDragon
12th June, 2011, 01:16 AM
I tried it on a friends mentor it worked as you stated. It took like 50 mins to update not sure if this is common. It seems to stall twice the first was the longest and it is after the heavy duty, took like about 35 mins it was the "Installing USA 2008 Domestic Release 1.03" screen. The next screen it stalled about 5 mins it was the "Installing usa 2008 abs/airbag release 1.01". The other screens went relatively fast.

He originally had ver 3.0 2008 dom, asian, abs & 2003 euro can you any of his data? What about the smartcard data? I was also wondering if you have to use the correct smartcards when the install asks for it, just in case you do not have the one it asks for?

Let me know if there is any data you would like me to upload.

Thanks again for your hard work :beer:

bibms
12th June, 2011, 08:01 AM
I tried it on a friends mentor it worked as you stated. It took like 50 mins to update not sure if this is common. It seems to stall twice the first was the longest and it is after the heavy duty, took like about 35 mins it was the "Installing USA 2008 Domestic Release 1.03" screen. The next screen it stalled about 5 mins it was the "Installing usa 2008 abs/airbag release 1.01". The other screens went relatively fast.

He originally had ver 3.0 2008 dom, asian, abs & 2003 euro can you any of his data? What about the smartcard data? I was also wondering if you have to use the correct smartcards when the install asks for it, just in case you do not have the one it asks for?

Let me know if there is any data you would like me to upload.

Thanks again for your hard work :beer:

Most likely you were using a slow cd card. From my experience it takes about 15-30 minutes. And yes you need to have the original smart cards that you used to authorize the old software. You can't interchange smart cards. So you have to be sure you have the correct smart card inserted before you proceed after each prompt.

superc0
12th June, 2011, 10:39 PM
Do you know specifically what version of the 2010 software you have? I am kind of curious on the amount of space it uses as I kind of want to compare with what I have. Would it be possible if I could get a raw disk image of your cf card?
here is the pictures:

superc0
12th June, 2011, 10:45 PM
hi, bibms, how i can make a raw copy?
this damage damage my cf card?
i

NightDragon
12th June, 2011, 11:31 PM
Here's the link gen05.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/Zetm8YoM/gen05.html) sorry for the delay

superc0 if you download bibms's file there is an app included that will make a raw image file of your CF card. You will need to have a CF card reader to make the image on your pc. Could you also make images of the 2 dvds.

Thanks

bibms
12th June, 2011, 11:56 PM
hi, bibms, how i can make a raw copy?
this damage damage my cf card?
i

It won't damage your card. If you are familiar with command line do a search for 'dd win32' otherwise use the program that I included in the gen05 rar.. FYI the image to use is the 09 one. The first one had problems.

bibms
13th June, 2011, 12:05 AM
FYI people I don't want to hear complaints about so and so not working when you don't even have the smart card to authoriZe that portion of the software. For example don't expect import to work when you only have a pathfinder smart card.

superc0
13th June, 2011, 12:50 AM
It won't damage your card. If you are familiar with command line do a search for 'dd win32' otherwise use the program that I included in the gen05 rar.. FYI the image to use is the 09 one. The first one had problems.
HI AGAIN I AM DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE,
LET ME SEE THIS FILE WHEN FINISH.

superc0
13th June, 2011, 12:54 AM
superc0 if you download bibms's file there is an app included that will make a raw image file of your CF card. You will need to have a CF card reader to make the image on your pc. Could you also make images of the 2 dvds.

Thanks

THEY ARE CD FORMAT, I GOING TO TRY UPLOAD, REMEMBER MY SPEED IS VERY SLOW, YOU NEED THE ENTIRE CD? OR ONLY SETUP
FILES FOR THE SOFT?
THIS CD ALSO CONTAINS CONECTECHH SOFT AND OTHERS FILES
THAT :afraid:I DONT USE

2 hours 54 min, for 100 mb hard job, now uploading

bibms
13th June, 2011, 01:24 AM
THEY ARE CD FORMAT, I GOING TO TRY UPLOAD, REMEMBER MY SPEED IS VERY SLOW, YOU NEED THE ENTIRE CD? OR ONLY SETUP
FILES FOR THE SOFT?
THIS CD ALSO CONTAINS CONECTECHH SOFT AND OTHERS FILES
THAT :afraid:I DONT USE

That would be great. I have connectech for the 3.0 version but it doesn't like x64 wonder if the version you have will be any better.

superc0
13th June, 2011, 02:08 AM
That would be great. I have connectech for the 3.0 version but it doesn't like x64 wonder if the version you have will be any better.

yes have drivers for x64

superc0
13th June, 2011, 04:52 AM
SERVER IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after 3 hours here is the first part:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z9DTQT5L)
the second part:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQIVT2XO)
PART #3:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RPCG08JP)
PART #4:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TP22RCW0)
dont forget push thanks button

superc0
15th June, 2011, 12:51 AM
AS YOU ALL, THE LAST PART ONLY BE SHARED WITH THOSE 20 POST IN THE FORUM AND HAVE SHARED FILES IN DK.
THE LAST LINK WILL BE SENT BY PM.
AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE PRESSED THE THANKS BUTTON.
THIS IS BECAUSE MANY MEMBERS ONLY TAKE WHAT YOU NEED TO SELL BY OTHER FORUMS OR SITES FOR SALE, I HAVE IDENTIFIED SOME OF MY COUNTRY BY SELLING MANY DIFFERENT MEDIA FILES AND GET THIS GREAT FORUM.
MY APPRECIATION TO THOSE WHO SHARE YOUR FILES NONPROFIT
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
TRANSLATED BY GOOGLE.

bibms
15th June, 2011, 05:58 AM
AS YOU ALL, THE LAST PART ONLY BE SHARED WITH THOSE 20 POST IN THE FORUM AND HAVE SHARED FILES IN DK.
THE LAST LINK WILL BE SENT BY PM.
AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE PRESSED THE THANKS BUTTON.
THIS IS BECAUSE MANY MEMBERS ONLY TAKE WHAT YOU NEED TO SELL BY OTHER FORUMS OR SITES FOR SALE, I HAVE IDENTIFIED SOME OF MY COUNTRY BY SELLING MANY DIFFERENT MEDIA FILES AND GET THIS GREAT FORUM.
MY APPRECIATION TO THOSE WHO SHARE YOUR FILES NONPROFIT
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
TRANSLATED BY GOOGLE.

Thanks.. I will definately check it out when I can. I totally agree with you about the members who are only here to take for their own benefit (most likely for their pocket) that is why I didn't bother much with trying to bypass the protection scheme all together. I do believe I made a good decision about requiring the old smart cards. The genisys is a good platform. And I do encourage people to atleast buy the software from the 'Real' developer. Cause if the sioftware helped you, then you should consider helping them by buying it.

scotte
15th June, 2011, 09:33 PM
ok i finally got the gen-09 final to load but everything but domestic and euro dont work for me

(select domestic,select gm,tool shows 4.0 loading screen then kicks you back to the domestic mfr. selection menu)

same thing for everything i tried in euro but asian appears to be working fine

abs/airbag kicks you back to the menu too

tpms appears to be working

using genisys (3.0 updated to 2008 with smart cable)

i have tried reloading it, same thing

any idea as to what im doing wrong?

shitad
16th June, 2011, 02:17 AM
ok i finally got the gen-09 final to load but everything but domestic and euro dont work for me

(select domestic,select gm,tool shows 4.0 loading screen then kicks you back to the domestic mfr. selection menu)

same thing for everything i tried in euro but asian appears to be working fine

abs/airbag kicks you back to the menu too

tpms appears to be working

using genisys (3.0 updated to 2008 with smart cable)

i have tried reloading it, same thing

any idea as to what im doing wrong?

My friend if you follow the earlier threads you MUST have the ABS/AIR BAG, Euro and Pathfinder SMART CARDS for that Machine or the update will not work for the software you mentioned.

scotte
16th June, 2011, 03:51 AM
My friend if you follow the earlier threads you MUST have the ABS/AIR BAG, Euro and Pathfinder SMART CARDS for that Machine or the update will not work for the software you mentioned.

i have them

i have domestic,asian,airbag/abs, 2007 and 2008 cards as well as pathfinder (infotech w/scope also)

bibms
16th June, 2011, 04:20 AM
i have them

i have domestic,asian,airbag/abs, 2007 and 2008 cards as well as pathfinder (infotech w/scope also)

I may have left out something since I only have tested it with 2003 smart cards. I will look into it. Most likely I left out something. I'll check it out when I get home. Hopefully I'll be able to just make a patch that you can apply to the image file. I just remembered something. The smart cards you have must have been authorized on your scanner before. If they were authorized first on a different scanner it won't work.

scotte
16th June, 2011, 04:46 AM
my smart cards all match my genisys

let me know if you need any more info

I appreciate your help

bibms
16th June, 2011, 05:18 AM
my smart cards all match my genisys

let me know if you need any more info

I appreciate your help

I'll need to know the year to each smart card you plan to use. It'll definately help me narrow down where the problem is actually occuring. Well, that is once I get in front of my computer

i just checked it out and i think i know what's happening. it's not detecting and installing with the 08 smart cards correctly. have you tried installing with your 07 smart cards? if you haven't give that a try. just re-write the image onto the cf card and use your 07 cards. i'm sure it will work with your 07 cards unless there is some part in the authorization process which nulls and voids older cards (which I highly doubt). just give that a try and let me know how it works out. but if using the 07 cards don't work for you. i'll just create a new image which fixes the 08 authorization and also speed up the installation process.

shitad
16th June, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'll need to know the year to each smart card you plan to use. It'll definately help me narrow down where the problem is actually occuring. Well, that is once I get in front of my computer

i just checked it out and i think i know what's happening. it's not detecting and installing with the 08 smart cards correctly. have you tried installing with your 07 smart cards? if you haven't give that a try. just re-write the image onto the cf card and use your 07 cards. i'm sure it will work with your 07 cards unless there is some part in the authorization process which nulls and voids older cards (which I highly doubt). just give that a try and let me know how it works out. but if using the 07 cards don't work for you. i'll just create a new image which fixes the 08 authorization and also speed up the installation process.

Maybe you might me right about overlooking something because on my MAC Mentor my 2004 Pathfinder will not work no matter how I try. Is there a way to check that the smart card is for that Machine ?
Pathfinder 2003 is on the Internal CF and works ok. All other software load ok.

scotte
16th June, 2011, 02:57 PM

i tried it with the 2007 cards and i have the same thing happening

when the system 4.0 is installing is does say the system is pre-authorized for 2008 (domestic,asian,abs)

i think the scanner stores data from the smart cards

because when i would update my scanner when i had 2007 it would ask me for the cards

after i installed 2008 all the updates i did did not request the 2008 card (i believe it requested 2009) but i didnt have to put my 08 cards in and 08 was pre-authorized)

as for the smart cards i have infotech 06,domestic 07,asian 07,abs 04,asian 08,abs 08,domestic 08

scotte
17th June, 2011, 08:15 PM
also on the gm sps programing if you want to unlock it

(otc has not sold it since 06-07)

pretty much no smart cards exist for it

if you unlock it (so it works without a smart card)

i will upload an iso of the expertec reflash dvd that originally came with the kit

scotte
19th June, 2011, 05:20 PM
bibms

did you mount the .img file when making these?

ive been trying to read/explore the installation package but i havent been able to access it.

tried in both windows and ubuntu

i thought i had heard a rumour that the genisys ran lynxos
so it would prob. have a FFS file system?

what os/program did you use to access it?

thanks in advance

bibms
20th June, 2011, 02:14 AM
bibms

did you mount the .img file when making these?

ive been trying to read/explore the installation package but i havent been able to access it.

tried in both windows and ubuntu

i thought i had heard a rumour that the genisys ran lynxos
so it would prob. have a FFS file system?

what os/program did you use to access it?

thanks in advance

I ent through a very lengthy process to make those images. You are correct as it does used lynxos as it's operating system. And I do know the console password to gain access through serial. But for the most part everything was done on my genisys. If you are willin to help I can tell you how to get to the login and will step you through on how to get it working on your scanner just MSG me

scotte
20th June, 2011, 11:00 PM
pm sent!

genisys fun awaits

scotte
20th June, 2011, 11:27 PM
ok got my genisys hooked up to my windows 7 pc running putty for telnet over the serial port adapter

upon boot this is what i get

"
Tool Serial No.: ----edited-out-----
PEG: Screen should be on!
Opening /dev/fpga...successful!
Opening /dat/module_id.rbf...successful!
Reading data from /dat/module_id.rbf...157240 bytes read!
Writing data to /dev/fpga...157240 bytes written!
FPGA is programmed!
rm: lstat /dev/sd*: File or directory doesn't exist
USBLink, USB Stack Driver, ver 3.1 (build 04/18/2002)
SoftConnex Technologies, 1999-2001, All rights reserved.

USBLink, USB MassStorage Driver, ver 1.0 (build 02/01/2005)
SPX (ServiceSolutions), All rights reserved.

(HW_InitializeM823USBRegs): Hardware init done
Registered Class Driver: Hub
Registered Class Driver: Boot HID Keyboard
Registered Class Driver: Boot HID Mouse
Registered Class Driver: Printer
Registered Class Driver: Mass Storage
(MPC823_InstallSofTimer): SOF Timer installed on CPM Timer 4
(OS_UsbTask) Enter.
"

when i try to access anything domestic (i have the smart card for but its not currently working) i get this
"
Exec: can't load file -- bad load format
"

i don't have a login/password so i cant currently do anything more than observe but its something

edit: forgot to mention this is with the genisys-09 file from bibms

lwood
21st June, 2011, 12:12 AM
hi bibms,
i have EVO with vers.4.0, do you have the update for the EVO?

bibms
21st June, 2011, 01:41 PM
hi bibms,
i have EVO with vers.4.0, do you have the update for the EVO?
the evo and genisys use the same update.

bibms
21st June, 2011, 01:56 PM
when i try to access anything domestic (i have the smart card for but its not currently working) i get this
"
Exec: can't load file -- bad load format
"

i don't have a login/password so i cant currently do anything more than observe but its something

edit: forgot to mention this is with the genisys-09 file from bibms
i missed a patch inside the installer script.. to be honest the login and oassword is pretty easy to get.. if you took some time and thought about it. and examined the image file. took me about 2-3 hours to figure out.

stupidguy
21st June, 2011, 04:57 PM
BIBMS, I am so glad that you found this forum and have applied your talent to the Genisys. I have needed these updates for some time and could not afford them. It's been a struggle here in California lately and I really appreciate your contribution. I only wish I had as much talent with a PC.
I opened my scanner to check for internal CF card, none there. Removed system 3.0 card and applied image to a 4gb CF card. Installed in outter slot and booted up. It asked for all cards and I went through the authorization process. The scanner hung on "Installing USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05". I tried to reboot, would not turn off. Disconnected battery and it restarted install. It went through the install and all systems seemed to have loaded. However when I tried to access OBD2 it would go straight back to the main menu. I tried other specific models and straight back to main menu. I reloaded image and re-authorized. Again stuck in "installing usa 2006 Domestic 1.05". Left overnight. Came in this morning and it was still stuck. Disconnected battery and rebooted. Started the USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05 install and completed pretty quickly and folled by Asian and others. All seems to be working now as I am able to get to searching protocol when not connected to a vehicle. Thought this may help others. Smart cards are 2005 European,2006 Asian, ABS 2004, 2006 Domestic. The only card it did not ask for is Infotech 2006.

This is awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Stupidguy

bibms
21st June, 2011, 11:44 PM
BIBMS, I am so glad that you found this forum and have applied your talent to the Genisys. I have needed these updates for some time and could not afford them. It's been a struggle here in California lately and I really appreciate your contribution. I only wish I had as much talent with a PC.
I opened my scanner to check for internal CF card, none there. Removed system 3.0 card and applied image to a 4gb CF card. Installed in outter slot and booted up. It asked for all cards and I went through the authorization process. The scanner hung on "Installing USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05". I tried to reboot, would not turn off. Disconnected battery and it restarted install. It went through the install and all systems seemed to have loaded. However when I tried to access OBD2 it would go straight back to the main menu. I tried other specific models and straight back to main menu. I reloaded image and re-authorized. Again stuck in "installing usa 2006 Domestic 1.05". Left overnight. Came in this morning and it was still stuck. Disconnected battery and rebooted. Started the USA 2006 Domestic Release 1.05 install and completed pretty quickly and folled by Asian and others. All seems to be working now as I am able to get to searching protocol when not connected to a vehicle. Thought this may help others. Smart cards are 2005 European,2006 Asian, ABS 2004, 2006 Domestic. The only card it did not ask for is Infotech 2006.

This is awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Stupidguy

You are welcome, only reason I even attempted this project was to revive my own scanner. For the most part consider this a way to give you a hands on experience with the features of the newer version of the software.unv
D
Vl
Oc

bibms
22nd June, 2011, 10:43 AM
Well I've finally had a little time to check oiut superc0's cd. The software has been updated to work on x64 windows so that was a big plus for me. But to anyone who was wondering. Yes the updates on the disc is newer than what I released and I believe my patches could be easily be ported over to work with the newer version. Only problem is the amount of data that needs to be written onto the cf card is 1.4gb whereas I only have a 1gb card. So I can't do anything. besides I haven't had much time to mess with it lately. And when you're doing it on a POS computer like me, you're spending most the time waiting. And time is what I have very little of. I will eventually try to patch the update once I find a bigger cf card.. But that really is a question of when.

scotte
22nd June, 2011, 12:19 PM
Well I've finally had a little time to check oiut superc0's cd. The software has been updated to work on x64 windows so that was a big plus for me. But to anyone who was wondering. Yes the updates on the disc is newer than what I released and I believe my patches could be easily be ported over to work with the newer version. Only problem is the amount of data that needs to be written onto the cf card is 1.4gb whereas I only have a 1gb card. So I can't do anything. besides I haven't had much time to mess with it lately. And when you're doing it on a POS computer like me, you're spending most the time waiting. And time is what I have very little of. I will eventually try to patch the update once I find a bigger cf card.. But that really is a question of when.

does this update contain 2010?

if it does and you live in the u.s. i'll mail you a spare 4gb card to keep the progress rolling

thanks again for all your work

NightDragon
22nd June, 2011, 01:20 PM
Yes I'm sure any of us would be glad to mail you a CF card, that is the least we can do. If that is not possible I know for you to try it out yourself you would need the card but if you make the image we can try it out & give you the result. I know as you mentioned you have little time & a POS pc. We all do appreciate your time & effort on this.
Thank you again for all you done

bibms
23rd June, 2011, 03:04 AM
Yes I'm sure any of us would be glad to mail you a CF card, that is the least we can do. If that is not possible I know for you to try it out yourself you would need the card but if you make the image we can try it out & give you the result. I know as you mentioned you have little time & a POS pc. We all do appreciate your time & effort on this.
Thank you again for all you done

Making the image is the easy part. The hard part is a getting the files off of the image that need to be patched. only way to do that is to write the image and mount it from inside the scanner. Then copy the files onto USB, then figure out where they need to patched. Then implementing the the patching routine . Then copy it back onto the cf card. Then finally create the image. To be honest I don't even understand PowerPC assembly. I just happened to get lucky from trial n error :)

bibms
23rd June, 2011, 08:12 AM
does this update contain 2010?

if it does and you live in the u.s. i'll mail you a spare 4gb card to keep the progress rolling

thanks again for all your work
Yes it does contain 2010. I wouldn't mind getting that spare. It would help to get the update out quicker. And I just came up with this thought but it can come in handy with an idea I have. Basically figure out how the partition table is layed out on different size cards. And create a utility that can partition the cf card correctly for whatever size you may have. Cause right now the amount of available space left on my current update is about 10-15% out of 1gig. It could be less. Even if you wrote it on a 4gig card. You would have 3gigs of wasted unusuable space. So that's another hurdle I would like to try to overcome. But yeah if you are willing to part with that spare it would help me with this project. Let me know what info u need

scotte
23rd June, 2011, 02:26 PM
Yes it does contain 2010. I wouldn't mind getting that spare. It would help to get the update out quicker. And I just came up with this thought but it can come in handy with an idea I have. Basically figure out how the partition table is layed out on different size cards. And create a utility that can partition the cf card correctly for whatever size you may have. Cause right now the amount of available space left on my current update is about 10-15% out of 1gig. It could be less. Even if you wrote it on a 4gig card. You would have 3gigs of wasted unusuable space. So that's another hurdle I would like to try to overcome. But yeah if you are willing to part with that spare it would help me with this project. Let me know what info u need

pm me your mailing info an i'll get it sent asap

superc0
2nd July, 2011, 07:16 PM

HI READ THIS:

2010 updates unlocked(ALL available)
Alex(tatyanka o forum)

WHERE IS THE LINKS?
YOU SELL OR SHARE?

Not going to share yet,but can make for your machine for little money,or if you have something I need
alex
P.S.Please don't advertise it yet,cause I'm not quite ready

I HAVE ALREADY THE LASTEST VERSION MEN , I SHARE IT ON THE FORUM FOR NO MONEY , I DID IT FOR FREE .

You share UNLOCKING solution???Don't make me Laugh...
Do you know How hard is to disassemble PowerPC firmware???Have you ever tried to disassemble plain AVR ???
Then keep your temper Down when pro's are speaking...
I got that v4.0 from you,that is Only reason I wanted to help you...but seems that you just to inexperienced to treasure once in lifetime gifts...
So long men...Grow up
Alex

tatyanka
3rd July, 2011, 08:40 AM
superc0
DK Veteran

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Re: Genisys Originally Posted by tatyanka Originally Posted by superc0 Originally Posted by tatyanka Originally Posted by superc0 Originally Posted by tatyanka
2010 updates unlocked(ALL available)
Alex(tatyanka o forum)

WHERE IS THE LINKS?
YOU SELL OR SHARE?

Not going to share yet,but can make for your machine for little money,or if you have something I need
alex
P.S.Please don't advertise it yet,cause I'm not quite ready

I HAVE ALREADY THE LASTEST VERSION MEN , I SHARE IT ON THE FORUM FOR NO MONEY , I DID IT FOR FREE .

You share UNLOCKING solution???Don't make me Laugh...
Do you know How hard is to disassemble PowerPC firmware???Have you ever tried to disassemble plain AVR ???
Then keep your temper Down when pro's are speaking...
I got that v4.0 from you,that is Only reason I wanted to help you...but seems that you just to inexperienced to treasure once in lifetime gifts...
So long men...Grow up
Alex

tatyanka damn thief.
do not worry I can buy it with otc
**** you man.

SOFT FOR ANDROS BENCH 6330 HELP PLZ.

And The answer from this immature(don't rely know how to call him-----snake in a grass,I think)
Yes,I have done it,but won't share solution,but end product only
Alex
P.S.Like I said Grow-up...,if you don't understand some thing then Ask....and Maybe,I said-maybe,if you ask very nicely and quietly then you'll be given a hint(not an answer),otherwise you going to be feeding Rockefellers and Morgans for rest of your life(the life of ignorant people)

bibms
3rd July, 2011, 08:55 AM
Whoa.. I got a few msgs from that tatyanka guy. Brings up a whole lot of questions though... He said he figured it out. But his answeres to my questions just didn't seem right. He didn't know what serial console was. Majority of people using the genisys have the euro, Asian, domestic cards. So enabling all the software isn't really a problem. I remember reading somewhere that the security in the older version was doing all the security checking and verifying by script then ran the executable if no problems came up. So it's quite possible he's patching in the old versions.. I maybe wrong.. But that's what I was able to come up with.. But then again he maybe trying to get your serial numbers off your cf card who knows. He did question how I implemented the patching n install routine. Apparently he wanted to use my method for other scanners.. Will trade for Smart Cable... lol jk. And to the few who was able to get superc0s cd image. I'm still planning on doing that update just waiting on a cf card.

tatyanka
3rd July, 2011, 09:47 AM
to Bibms
So it's quite possible he's patching in the old versions.. I maybe wrong..
No,you're right
Go ahead,do it,and let see if you want to share it for Smart Cable(maybe for 12 smart cables,but have to think first)
And when OTC find this,they will change strategy(like Mercedes Benz back in 2000 with keys)---then it will be Very hard to get those updates(thanks to those uneducated Superco's and so)

superc0
3rd July, 2011, 06:44 PM
to Bibms
No,you're right
Go ahead,do it,and let see if you want to share it for Smart Cable(maybe for 12 smart cables,but have to think first)
And when OTC find this,they will change strategy(like Mercedes Benz back in 2000 with keys)---then it will be Very hard to get those updates(thanks to those uneducated Superco's and so)

thanks so, again dear seller,:roflmao:

i share my original cd for guys like bibms, and others very good members, not for thiefs.
sell me the solution for my own cd?
for a little money?
some people really sucks.

bibms
3rd July, 2011, 10:25 PM
to Bibms
No,you're right

FYI there's is no security protection whatsoever that I know of that comes with the smart cable.. Only thing i'm aware of is a file that is always sent to the cable. I believe it's a little bit of program code that sets up protocol being used and stream demuxing. Now since OTC ha come out with the Pegasys. They are most likely gonna spend most there time with the new new hardware. Btw OTC nemysis is based off of the genisys... And I maybe wrong on This but the smart cable for the nemisys is exactly the same cable the genisys uses. And there Is quite a big difference in price. Maybe someone can verify that. If OTC changes update strategy I don't think it would be that big of a deal. System 3.0 enabled USB upgrading individual updates. In System 4.0 they totally removed the USB update feature and went straight with cf images

tatyanka
4th July, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys.
Yes superco shared his info on cd(he got the money to spend),bibms shared his hard work result(just generous guy,like to be praised),I shared my knowledge(many sleepless nights,ton of money,heavy mental load,...no appreciation)...but not ready to share my secret(something truly mine,that I can be proud of),sorry,...
If you going to need my help,then you know where to find me...
I'm out of topic
Alex

scotte
8th July, 2011, 05:56 PM
4gb cf card is finally in the mail to bibms

bibms
10th July, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cool, so while I'm waiting for the cf card. I'm currently brainstorming some ideas and what not. For one I believe I can greatly shorten the install/patch time now since I'm not restrained to 1 gig. So install will only take 5 mins. Also what size card is everyone using? Furthermore anyone who got that was able to d/l super's cd image I suggest you install it and run the updated so that you will have the latest image file. I only say to do this because I won't be releasing a full release but a patch that you can apply to the file. Any questions on how to do that let me know

shitad
10th July, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cool, so while I'm waiting for the cf card. I'm currently brainstorming some ideas and what not. For one I believe I can greatly shorten the install/patch time now since I'm not restrained to 1 gig. So install will only take 5 mins. Also what size card is everyone using? Furthermore anyone who got that was able to d/l super's cd image I suggest you install it and run the updated so that you will have the latest image file. I only say to do this because I won't be releasing a full release but a patch that you can apply to the file. Any questions on how to do that let me know

I am still waiting on Superc0 for the last part that he said he would PM us about I already have 4 parts.
When I have all parts then I will ask a few questions.

bibms
10th July, 2011, 08:56 PM
I am still waiting on Superc0 for the last part that he said he would PM us about I already have 4 parts.
When I have all parts then I will ask a few questions.

I believe superc0 only sent the last link to a few people, I don't know the link off hand, you can try PM superc0 and ask him for that last link

shitad
10th July, 2011, 10:58 PM
I believe superc0 only sent the last link to a few people, I don't know the link off hand, you can try PM superc0 and ask him for that last link

He just sent me the link thank's,

Oh by the way you still did not PM me with info to send you the CF, I see you are getting one but let me know is you still need a 2Gig, its yours if you need one.

:party :

shitad
11th July, 2011, 04:01 AM
bibms !!!

sometime ago I tried to do the update from you unto my 2Gig CF and it would not allow me to do so, I could only get it to work on a 1Gig CF, but now the update from Superc0 ask for 4Gig. How do I get your update to first work on a 4Gig? before I try and update with Superc0 file.

Regards

bibms
11th July, 2011, 08:47 AM
bibms !!!

sometime ago I tried to do the update from you unto my 2Gig CF and it would not allow me to do so, I could only get it to work on a 1Gig CF, but now the update from Superc0 ask for 4Gig. How do I get your update to first work on a 4Gig? before I try and update with Superc0 file.

Regards

We won't be applying the update with the updated software. Will only be using it to d/l the latest update. I will be releasing a seperated file that you will use to patch againts the image file downloaded by the updated. For now when the program asks to insert 4gig cd card just abort it, and wait till I upload the patch

scotte
11th July, 2011, 02:29 PM
the ngis update program asked me to insert the card before it downloaded the update

when i stick my 4gb card in it checks and downloads the 4gb update

so you may need a 4gb card to trigger it to download the proper update

scotte
11th July, 2011, 03:11 PM
i just downloaded the 4gb update to my card figuring that i could use it for now with my old smart cards

i put it in my scanner and i get an unsupported compactflash warning

does anyone knows if the genisys 4.0 2010 software looks to see if its a valid otc/simpletech cf card?

NightDragon
11th July, 2011, 03:59 PM
i just downloaded the 4gb update to my card figuring that i could use it for now with my old smart cards

does anyone knows if the genisys 4.0 2010 software looks to see if its a valid otc/simpletech cf card?

What kind of card are you using?

scotte
11th July, 2011, 06:11 PM
lexar platinum 2 4gb
ive tried it on a friends scanner with the genisys 09 image and it worked but the factory 2010 image doesnt like it

unless bibms is patching the images and removing that checkpoint

bibms
12th July, 2011, 10:20 AM
lexar platinum 2 4gb
ive tried it on a friends scanner with the genisys 09 image and it worked but the factory 2010 image doesnt like it

unless bibms is patching the images and removing that checkpoint

Yeah I will be patching that. Reason im releasing a patch instead of full image is to prevent 'leechers'. Besides i think the 2009 release should be good enough for everyone. But I was thinking of making just a 4gig image but I guess I'll be making patches for both size cards

bibms
12th July, 2011, 10:29 AM

Yes there is a cf check. And even if there wasn't using the update with the older smartcards would only enable the latest software revision of your year of smart card

scotte
12th July, 2011, 02:11 PM
Yes there is a cf check. And even if there wasn't using the update with the older smartcards would only enable the latest software revision of your year of smart card

i know but i cant get the patched version to work due to my scanner being preauthorized for 2008 domestic / asian

and 4.0 seems faster than 3.0 so i was going for something temporary in between

bibms
12th July, 2011, 08:12 PM
Well I was able to borrow a 4 gig card for the time being. So I've started the slow process of patching the latest update. I would like to have something out by today, but by the look of things it most likely will be tomorrow. I am gonna try for today though

Liteace
16th July, 2011, 10:24 AM
Fantastic thead, Ive got on the way to me a Genisys Scan, Gas & Scope, with ODB II smart cable. its got system 2.0 on it, when it arrives, I hope I will with a lot of help from you guys try and upgrade it. Its got smart card for USA 2006 domestic & USA Asian 2006, Im not to bothered about the domestic as Im in Europe but would like to upgrade the Asian

bibms
19th July, 2011, 02:28 AM
just noticed euro 2010 was just recently released. looks like its a whole seperate update. the update im working on now only has 2008. there is a possibility euro 2010 might be included in an update from otc later on, but who knows when they will include it. it would be nice if someone could get there hands on the new euro cf card and create an imAge of it.

bibms
19th July, 2011, 08:48 AM
USB memory stick support sure sucks on these scanners. writing to usb is no problem, its only when trying to copy from usb is where problems start to arise. that lil problem has made me go another route to copy files back into the image. back to the days of 9600 bps transfers... this sure is going to be fun.... considering the amont of time i spend on on this little project, would it be wrong to ask for donations?

NightDragon
19th July, 2011, 01:34 PM
USB memory stick support sure sucks on these scanners. writing to usb is no problem, its only when trying to copy from usb is where problems start to arise. that lil problem has made me go another route to copy files back into the image. back to the days of 9600 bps transfers... this sure is going to be fun.... considering the amont of time i spend on on this little project, would it be wrong to ask for donations?
I don't think it would be wrong since you are doing the work & we are benefiting from it. I am sure the others would agree & it would show our appreciation for your time & effort.

Liteace
19th July, 2011, 01:36 PM
yep im willing to chip in for this, no problem

shitad
19th July, 2011, 01:45 PM

What you have given us so far already is a life time treasure, I personally have had 2 Genisys sitting down for the last 5 years not been use because of the old 2002 software that was on them both. If you did not give us the support then I would have then still sitting there .
The problem is, in the TRUE sprit of Digital Kaos, donations can be, not so nice and real TRICKY,
You have already proven that "YOU ARE THE MAN" on this project here in DK and no one can thake that from you.
I have no problem making a donation because it is damn worth it, BUT, make that private, give what you can for FREE in the TRUE SPRIT OF DK and if and if anyone wants more than you have given for free then a donation is only fair.

Thats my view, but then again who care about my views :driver:

Oh by the way I can donate Jamaican Girls, Jamaican sunshine, Jamaican Coffee and the good old Jamaican Weed.
Thanks you Bibms

Regards

scotte
19th July, 2011, 03:36 PM
i think after the 2010 update is released we should all pitch in and buy bibms a smart cable (iirc correctly he didnt have one)

i can buy a smart cable for like $250.00 shipped

divide that by 10 and its only $25 a person

NightDragon
19th July, 2011, 04:19 PM
i think after the 2010 update is released we should all pitch in and buy bibms a smart cable (iirc correctly he didnt have one)

That sounds reasonable enough. Count me in.

shitad
19th July, 2011, 04:24 PM

I am good and ready too, But hahahhahah I need one for myself also, can I get one at that price also ?

scotte
19th July, 2011, 05:46 PM
I am good and ready too, But hahahhahah I need one for myself also, can I get one at that price also ?

shouldnt be a problem ill give you the info when we get bibms his

superc0
20th July, 2011, 02:50 AM

maybe i can donate mexican beers?
what do you think?

superc0
20th July, 2011, 02:57 AM
What you have given us so far already is a life time treasure, I personally have had 2 Genisys sitting down for the last 5 years not been use because of the old 2002 software that was on them both. If you did not give us the support then I would have then still sitting there .
The problem is, in the TRUE sprit of Digital Kaos, donations can be, not so nice and real TRICKY,
You have already proven that "YOU ARE THE MAN" on this project here in DK and no one can thake that from you.
I have no problem making a donation because it is damn worth it, BUT, make that private, give what you can for FREE in the TRUE SPRIT OF DK and if and if anyone wants more than you have given for free then a donation is only fair.

Oh by the way I can donate Jamaican Girls, Jamaican sunshine, Jamaican Coffee and the good old Jamaican Weed.
Thanks you Bibms

Regards
:wink:
you can send me 3 jamaican girls dear friend?:party :

bibms
20th July, 2011, 06:29 AM
maybe i can donate mexican beers?
what do you think?

Heh as surprising as it seems I'm a non drinker :O

bibms
20th July, 2011, 06:48 AM

I just recently got a friend to get me the smart cable. It has mad everything so much easier (diagnosing wise). I am curios as to whats so special about the new european cables though (bmw & mercedez). I kinda want to dissect them cause i got a feeling those cables can easily be made DIY.

bibms
20th July, 2011, 07:03 AM

Thanks you Bibms

Regards

I aint too worried about getting donations. But there are a few personal side projects that i would like to get done but never got arond to. Like repairing a broken psp, itouch, and ps3. If anyone was wondering i have messed around with a snapon solus. I dont haVe a Virgin cf card update for it so i couldnt do much. But comparing software security between snapon and genisys. Snapon has a more secure protection thats a little harder to figure out (well atleast from what i can tell)

shitad
20th July, 2011, 03:39 PM
I just recently got a friend to get me the smart cable. It has mad everything so much easier (diagnosing wise). I am curios as to whats so special about the new european cables though (bmw & mercedez). I kinda want to dissect them cause i got a feeling those cables can easily be made DIY.

I have extra OBD16 cable for my T300 which connect directly to my Genisys so if I have pinout I could try attempt this Smart Cable DIY project.

Liteace
20th July, 2011, 03:44 PM
This may seam like a stupid question as the interface does have "smart cable" written on it, this is the one we're talking about, yes?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/44003-liteace/albums/new1/5106-smart-cable.png

shitad
20th July, 2011, 06:58 PM
This may seam like a stupid question as the interface does have "smart cable" written on it, this is the one we're talking about, yes?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/44003-liteace/albums/new1/5106-smart-cable.png

Yes this is the one.

Liteace
20th July, 2011, 07:02 PM
what do you need, do you want me to open it and have a look ??

shitad
20th July, 2011, 07:12 PM
:wink:
you can send me 3 jamaican girls dear friend?:party :

Will have 3 delivered by FEDEX next day service, hahaha :party :

shitad
20th July, 2011, 07:14 PM
what do you need, do you want me to open it and have a look ??

Yes and see if you can take picture and a pinout.

Liteace
20th July, 2011, 07:15 PM
Yes and see if you can take picture and a pinout.

OK, will do

bibms
20th July, 2011, 09:46 PM
I have extra OBD16 cable for my T300 which connect directly to my Genisys so if I have pinout I could try attempt this Smart Cable DIY project.

I was actually referring to the mercedez ssi insert with jumper wire and also the cable that connects together with the smartcable that connects to bmw's diagnostic interface. But trying to make your own diy smartcable is a totally whole 'nother project of its own. I believe it would be a whole lot simpler to just make your own smart inSerts for the old cable. Only down side to that is you'd need someone to break open their inserts and get the schematic of the pcb. I believe its possible but youd be dealing with 50 or so inserts to make. I havent tried doing this myself but the smart inserts serve the same purpose as the smart keys do for the snapon scanners..

Liteace
20th July, 2011, 09:51 PM
I cant see why the Merc & Bmw cable are anything special, my scanner for European cars has one cable that does most with the 16 pin DLC and covers a big range of Mercs & Bmw's

bibms
20th July, 2011, 09:56 PM
Quick update on my status so far. Ive almost finished copying the files i need back onto my genisys. I just got a few more files to copy over and implemEnt the install. A possible release looks quite possible By the end of the week. One more thing. I am not sure how to enable the unused space on the cf card to be accessable by the scanner. So my suggestion would be to go with a 2gig card.

Liteace
23rd July, 2011, 12:23 PM
Still waiting for mine to arrive it supposed to be here today but as our postal service is shite it didn't so I hope it'll be here Monday, if it does I'll have a look inside the smart cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bibms
23rd July, 2011, 01:22 PM
Progress on the latest update I'm working on is going pretty smoothly. I've worked out most of the kinks in the install/patching routine. I've greatly reduced the time it takes to install, the scanner now detects previous authorized modules. So now there shouldn't be a need to swap smart cards in and out during installation anymore. Currently only seen problem is the infotech scope module isn't working. I'll have the update out Sunday. But in the meantime I still need to fix a few patches and try to get the scope module working...

This isn't a requirement but I am accepting donations, if anyone wants to donate. Just pm me

shitad
23rd July, 2011, 03:00 PM
also on the gm sps programing if you want to unlock it

(otc has not sold it since 06-07)

pretty much no smart cards exist for it

if you unlock it (so it works without a smart card)

i will upload an iso of the expertec reflash dvd that originally came with the kit

Scotte !!!!

Did you said you would upload the "expertec reflash dvd " so Bibms could possible have a crack at it.
I am still hoping that we can get the Reflashing module going if possible.

Liteace
23rd July, 2011, 03:19 PM
Ive just go meself a 2Gb CF card and reader ready to load onto, so will need a little help loading it on

Thanks

scotte
23rd July, 2011, 04:12 PM
Scotte !!!!

Did you said you would upload the "expertec reflash dvd " so Bibms could possible have a crack at it.
I am still hoping that we can get the Reflashing module going if possible.

i said that if the gm sps programming was unlocked in the genisys
(without cards cause they made like a total of 10 of those and their all locked to old scanners somewhere)

then i would upload the dvd

the dvd works (their is a patch so you dont need the usb security key)

the current limitation is in the genisys

but i'm not sure if its even possible with 4.0 (as otc sold it under system 2.0 and it hasn't been supported by them since)

Liteace
23rd July, 2011, 04:54 PM
Ive just having a play around with CF card and reader, Ive written the Genisys09-Final.img to the CF card, what are the other 2 files for, the 08fix.ppf & startup_install, do they need to be written to the CF as well

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/44003-liteace/albums/new1/5108-genisys.png

NightDragon
23rd July, 2011, 05:37 PM
Ive just having a play around with CF card and reader, Ive written the Genisys09-Final.img to the CF card, what are the other 2 files for, the 08fix.ppf & startup_install, do they need to be written to the CF as well

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/44003-liteace/albums/new1/5108-genisys.png
Where did you get those files I have not seen them before, I don't think they were included with the others.

scotte
23rd July, 2011, 05:58 PM
he sent those files to me as well

the 08 fix file is a ppf patch file to patch the final -09 image to recognise 2008 smart cards

the startup install file is a copy of a script from the install image and is very informative about the inner workings of the genisys installation procedure

neither of these need to be on the card

use flashimager to write the image on the card

Liteace
23rd July, 2011, 07:35 PM
Where did you get those files I have not seen them before, I don't think they were included with the others.

All the files are what I downloaded from the 1st page on this thread

he sent those files to me as well

the 08 fix file is a ppf patch file to patch the final -09 image to recognise 2008 smart cards

the startup install file is a copy of a script from the install image and is very informative about the inner workings of the genisys installation procedure

neither of these need to be on the card

use flashimager to write the image on the card

Thanks so I just need the Genisys09-Final.img on the CF and thats it ?

bibms
24th July, 2011, 02:59 AM
All the files are what I downloaded from the 1st page on this thread

Thanks so I just need the Genisys09-Final.img on the CF and thats it ?

All that's needed is the gen09 image file. And you can use flashimager or dd to write the image to the card. I believe I found flashimager on sourceforge

NightDragon
24th July, 2011, 04:06 AM
bibms,
What is the link to the other 2 files so I can view them?
Thx

bibms
24th July, 2011, 04:53 AM
bibms,
What is the link to the other 2 files so I can view them?
Thx

I had erased them the other day. I'll have to reupload them

bibms
24th July, 2011, 03:32 PM
Just finished. 2010 update patch. You will need to use the ngis update client to download the latest update which this patch is intended for.

http://www.4shared.com/file/cTZ2C3OS/Gen2010.html

Liteace
24th July, 2011, 03:37 PM
Just finished. 2010 update patch. You will need to use the ngis update client to download the latest update which this patch is intended for.

Gen2010.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/cTZ2C3OS/Gen2010.html)

Any chance of step by step instructions on how to do this for Div's like ME !

Thanks

scotte
24th July, 2011, 07:04 PM
i think there is something wrong with 4shared.com or the uploaded file as i get a page not found error and so does liteace (according to the pm i just got from him)

Liteace
24th July, 2011, 07:06 PM
Yep just sent a few PM's and looks like we're all having the same trouble

Liteace
24th July, 2011, 07:08 PM
It'll be nice to have it now so we can have a play on a sunday eve, sunday eve here where I am, no a major problem Im sure it'll get sorted out

Liteace
24th July, 2011, 09:17 PM
Its working now Ive just downloaded it

Thanks

shitad
24th July, 2011, 11:15 PM
Anybody figure this out yet???

I keep getting " xdelta3: not a valid VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

also my ngis1024.img file is 1,082,201,088 bytes and not
1,210,982,400 bytes dated 3/24/2011 that Blibms stated

Regards

Liteace
24th July, 2011, 11:30 PM
Nope, Ive not done anything with it yet as still waiting for Genisys to arrive,

scotte
25th July, 2011, 12:16 AM
it works great !

thank bibms

scotte
25th July, 2011, 12:26 AM

Regards

you have to run the update software and get the newest 4gb update downloaded to your computer before you begin

then after you have confirmed that your ngis1024.img is 1,210,982,400 bytes

make sure that xdelta3 and gen2010.vcdiff are in the same directory as your ngis1024.img file

open a cmd prompt and navigate to that directory

run this command

"xdelta -d -s ngt1024.img gen2010.vcdiff"

i know that i have omitted the destination file name from bibms's original command but it would not create that file (maybe a windows 7 security issue?)

without a specified filename xdelta will build the output file as "patched.img"

NightDragon
25th July, 2011, 12:29 AM

Regards
Same here I have not figured it out yet.
I'm getting: xdelta3: file open failed: read: gen2010.vcdiff: The
system cannot find the file specified
Possibly files are not located correctly & or command incorrect.
Also file is same as yours ngis1024.img is 1,082,201,088 bytes

Thanks scotte will try it

shitad
25th July, 2011, 12:52 AM
first you must put all fils into the same folder
namely
1)Xdelta3.exe, you can remane it xdelta.exe
2)ngt1024.img
3)gen2010.vcdiff

Then click Start/Run/Cmd

From the Dos box you tpye CD\ and hit enter then from there you use the CD command to go to the folder where the 3 files are.

Once you are three you now follow Blibms example anf type

xdelta -d -s ngt1024.img gen2010.img gen2010.vcdiff and hit enter

For those who are a bit lost.

Now back to the issure at hand

The problem I think is with the ngt1024.img file size. I think Blibms had a 4Gig card so he was able to dowmload the updates online and this was what change the file size.
Anyone who has a 4Gig card and downloaded the updates could upload this new upgraded ngt1024.img file from the C:\NIGS folder and we should be good to go.
If any new update came out after he upgraded online, this img file size might change and it will not work.

Worst case is Blibms would need to upload his NGT1024.IMG file and that will take some time so we will all wait until he is online.

Regards

ttaisia
25th July, 2011, 12:53 AM
I agree he is right

shitad
25th July, 2011, 01:02 AM
SCOTTE !!!

I just saw your post #134 after after I made mine seems you posted while I was composing.

My question is, Did you load on a 4Gig or a 2Gig ???

and can you upload your original ngt1024.img file ??

Regards.

bibms
25th July, 2011, 01:17 AM
i said that if the gm sps programming was unlocked in the genisys
(without cards cause they made like a total of 10 of those and their all locked to old scanners somewhere)

then i would upload the dvd

the dvd works (their is a patch so you dont need the usb security key)

the current limitation is in the genisys

but i'm not sure if its even possible with 4.0 (as otc sold it under system 2.0 and it hasn't been supported by them since)

I included the SPS flashing program in the latest release. For the most part it loads up and you get an interface. So it looks like it's working it's just now a matter of testing

shitad
25th July, 2011, 01:28 AM
Bibms is there another way getting around the 4Gig CF card update online?

NightDragon
25th July, 2011, 01:35 AM
SCOTTE !!!

I just saw your post #134 after after I made mine seems you posted while I was composing.

My question is, Did you load on a 4Gig or a 2Gig ???

and can you upload your original ngt1024.img file ??

Regards.

Uploading file will have link shortly

NightDragon
25th July, 2011, 02:05 AM
Here is the link to the updated image file:

shitad
25th July, 2011, 02:13 AM
Download in 1 minute and error openning will give it a few more minutes and retry

I tried 5 times so far.

NightDragon
25th July, 2011, 02:17 AM
I download & extracted the file it worked fine. Not sure what is wrong.

shitad
25th July, 2011, 02:19 AM
its going now :bird: 65MB so far

Thanks again

bibms
25th July, 2011, 02:58 AM
Sorry about the hassle about this update I am just trying to keep the latest release private. I was able to bypass the 4gig limit by inserting a memory stick. If everyone is having that much I'll just upload the updated image which is about 350megs. But if you have succesfully used the ngis client to d/l an update look inside the c;/ngis folder and open a file named ngt1024img.exe with a file extraction program like winrar. The contents of that file should have file you're looking for

scotte
25th July, 2011, 03:05 AM
I included the SPS flashing program in the latest release. For the most part it loads up and you get an interface. So it looks like it's working it's just now a matter of testing

i'll be testing it on monday or tuesday

if i can get it working ill start putting together the and upload/installation instructions (may take a while as iirc the install/patching it to no longer require the gm security key is a very tricky process)

scotte
25th July, 2011, 03:17 AM
Here is the link to the updated image file:
http://www.thisfilewasremoved.com

nightdragon maybe you should take that file off now that the members on topic here have had a chance to sample it

i just dont want to see some @sshat selling bibms's hard work on ebay

NightDragon
25th July, 2011, 03:22 AM
File has been removed sorry for inconvenience
scotte don't forget to edit your previous post.

bibms
25th July, 2011, 04:45 AM
Well I really just want to keep the latest update only for the forum members. So like if the euro 2010 release comes out. I'll bssicaly keep that one private and release the image file to this current update. Just trying to keep the leechers and sellers one step behind.

bibms
25th July, 2011, 04:50 AM
i'll be testing it on monday or tuesday

if i can get it working ill start putting together the and upload/installation instructions (may take a while as iirc the install/patching it to no longer require the gm security key is a very tricky process)

I'm kinda curious as to what else the passthrough function can be used for and if it would be possible to use it on other cars for other purposes

scotte
25th July, 2011, 02:22 PM
well i encountered my first problem with the gm reflash

the program can talk to the scanner but the scanner needs the old style cable with a 3306-12 gm reflash insert to see the car

evidently they either didnt build the smart cable to cover that insert or they never updated the reflash app to be smart cable compatible

bibms
25th July, 2011, 03:18 PM
well i encountered my first problem with the gm reflash

the program can talk to the scanner but the scanner needs the old style cable with a 3306-12 gm reflash insert to see the car

evidently they either didnt build the smart cable to cover that insert or they never updated the reflash app to be smart cable compatible

Well I never planned on including the gm Sps programmer. But it was requested and I got lazy and didn't want to make a separate patch to include it. But i'm glad it's working though. Anyone got a 3306-12 ssi they want to crack open to take high-res pics of the pcb? :) I might have it. I'll have to double check later. Btw I have opened up a smart cable.. And believe me.. It would be nearly impossible to do. It has a antera max micro controller. And a whole lot of surface mount components.. Anyway so did I fix the infotech issue for you scotte?

scotte
25th July, 2011, 03:53 PM
Well I never planned on including the gm Sps programmer. But it was requested and I got lazy and didn't want to make a separate patch to include it. But i'm glad it's working though. Anyone got a 3306-12 ssi they want to crack open to take high-res pics of the pcb? :) I might have it. I'll have to double check later. Btw I have opened up a smart cable.. And believe me.. It would be nearly impossible to do. It has a antera max micro controller. And a whole lot of surface mount components.. Anyway so did I fix the infotech issue for you scotte?

infotech is working great

thanks for getting the gm reflash app working

i firmly believe its working as its supossed to but otc quit selling it before system 3.0/smart cable and i dont think they ever thought about anybody using it with a smart cable

when you bought the reflash package back in the day you got the expertec dvd,the gm usb security key(goes into the computer to unlock the sps database) and the reflash ssi

there is a manual for it in ngis/ngisuserguide/

its a somewhat interesting read (it also covers reflashing with the tech 2)

shitad
25th July, 2011, 04:41 PM
Scotte
This is very good news and I cannt wait to get onboard. It seems my new 2 Gig CF card is not good so I must go buy another one.
If I can recall correctly the Expertec DVD is a compilation of all the different flash files for GM up to the year of the DVD release, now you must go online to get these file. I already have GM SPS stand alone that goes all the way to 2007 so much can be done if we get this going and by the sound of it it seems we are there.
OTC make it to only work with the 3306-12 insert you are 100% correct.
If we get the configuration of 3306-12 mybe we can adapt one of the other smart insert to work because once we get the smart cable you really dont need much of the inserts.

This is GREAT I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all those who have help to make this possible and SUPER BIG THANKS TO BIBMS.

Regards

shitad
25th July, 2011, 04:47 PM
Oh by the way The OTC Genisys emmulate the TECH-2 as far as reflashing is concern so that why the readme file are the same as the original THEC-2. There are a few other company that does this emmulation as well, Ease Diagnostic is one of them EASE Diagnostics - The Leader in PC-Based Automotive Diagnostic Solutions (http://www.obd2.com/)

scotte
25th July, 2011, 05:22 PM
Scotte
This is very good news and I cannt wait to get onboard. It seems my new 2 Gig CF card is not good so I must go buy another one.
If I can recall correctly the Expertec DVD is a compilation of all the different flash files for GM up to the year of the DVD release, now you must go online to get these file. I already have GM SPS stand alone that goes all the way to 2007 so much can be done if we get this going and by the sound of it it seems we are there.
OTC make it to only work with the 3306-12 insert you are 100% correct.
If we get the configuration of 3306-12 mybe we can adapt one of the other smart insert to work because once we get the smart cable you really dont need much of the inserts.

This is GREAT I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all those who have help to make this possible and SUPER BIG THANKS TO BIBMS.

Regards

the expertec dvd is a limited version of the sps tis2000 software
(not having the tech2 updates,tech2 viewer etc)

the dvd i have covers up to 2006 or 2007 iirc

the full gm sps program will work with the (pass thru only)

if you can get a ssi configuration or a way to make the insert happen i can complete my testing (its fairly easy as i have both versions of gm sps,the genisys,a tech 2 and a offboard pcm flashing rig with a spare pcm sitting on my desk

scotte
25th July, 2011, 05:25 PM
Oh by the way The OTC Genisys emmulate the TECH-2 as far as reflashing is concern so that why the readme file are the same as the original THEC-2. There are a few other company that does this emmulation as well, Ease Diagnostic is one of them EASE Diagnostics - The Leader in PC-Based Automotive Diagnostic Solutions (http://www.obd2.com/)

last i heard ease had j2534 flashers but not any devices that emulated the proprietary pass thru of a tech 2

are you referring to a product they no longer sell?

shitad
25th July, 2011, 05:58 PM
last i heard ease had j2534 flashers but not any devices that emulated the proprietary pass thru of a tech 2

are you referring to a product they no longer sell?

I have never use there tool but I have read there setup and its the same as Tech-2 for Tis2000

The pdf I upload is from Ease site at
http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/downloads/gm/tis2000-req.pdf

scotte
25th July, 2011, 06:37 PM
I have never use there tool but I have read there setup and its the same as Tech-2 for Tis2000

The pdf I upload is from Ease site at
http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/downloads/gm/tis2000-req.pdf

if you read the pdf they refer to their device as a j2534 passthru

j2534 can be used with gm's sps software but it uses a completely different protocol/driver/language from the device to the pc

bibms
25th July, 2011, 06:49 PM
If we can't find anyone with the 3306-12 I remember reading somewhere that flashing should be possible on pre obd gm cars I think that's what the sps manual said

scotte
25th July, 2011, 08:58 PM
If we can't find anyone with the 3306-12 I remember reading somewhere that flashing should be possible on pre obd gm cars I think that's what the sps manual said

yup you can do that (providing you can find a obd1 flashable gm car (i havent seen one in awhile around here (michigan usually rust eats our cars before they get that old :)

ill work on getting the iso/hack and documentation prepped

shitad
26th July, 2011, 01:37 AM
Today I bought a 2Gig SanDisk Ultra CF card and loaded the 2010 update, the Asian Diagnostic software did not work well, whenever I choose a manufacturer it starts loading that mamufacturer file, then it comes back to the main menu with the list of all of them.
Now I an reformating the CF and will reload. I also notice that I did not get the pop-up for the ABS/AirBag smart card during install so the AirBag Icon was not there.
I will see if it comes back after I reinstall.

NightDragon
26th July, 2011, 02:14 AM
Today I bought a 2Gig SanDisk Ultra CF card and loaded the 2010 update, the Asian Diagnostic software did not work well, whenever I choose a manufacturer it starts loading that mamufacturer file, then it comes back to the main menu with the list of all of them.
Now I an reformating the CF and will reload. I also notice that I did not get the pop-up for the ABS/AirBag smart card during install so the AirBag Icon was not there.
Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think that ABS & TPMS are no longer on the main menu, they are accessed in each model now if the model has that option.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 02:24 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I think that ABS & TPMS are no longer on the main menu, they are accessed in each model now if the model has that option.

Yeah that's right, I still can see tpms, but ABS has been integrated into the main program. Or atleast that's what the current flyer says

bibms
26th July, 2011, 02:30 AM

L Abs was implemented into the main program starting with the 2010 releases. If Asian import doesn't work for you after you reinstall it. Try it again, but this time put in your Asian import smart card. If that still doesn't get it working then it must have been an error on my end

shitad
26th July, 2011, 02:41 AM
So Domestic and Asian will load without inserting the smart cards ????????? Koooool, althought I did put then in during install. What about Euro I guess its not so right ? you must have that smart card :stupido2:.
One thing I also fine strange is, I made sure I powered down of yet whenever I try to run the update it say Improper Shutdown .
Now I am waiting forever to check system files, is it possible this process mess with some of the files on the card because the system is not installed yet ??// food for thought

Will post in another 30 after install is complete

shitad
26th July, 2011, 03:05 AM
3rd install complete but Asian still not loading.

NightDragon
26th July, 2011, 04:49 AM
So Domestic and Asian will load without inserting the smart cards ????????? Koooool, althought I did put then in during install. What about Euro I guess its not so right ? you must have that smart card :stupido2:.
One thing I also fine strange is, I made sure I powered down of yet whenever I try to run the update it say Improper Shutdown .
Now I am waiting forever to check system files, is it possible this process mess with some of the files on the card because the system is not installed yet ??// food for thought

I shut it down using power button while it was checking the file system & when I restarted it it went right to updating. It seems to be quicker this way not sure if it was OK to do so but it seems to be working. I also did not see TPMS on the main screen.
bibms,
Also I pressed enter to continue without having the smart card, should I have pressed cancel to exit since I did not have smart card? I did not do that since I thought it would exit/end the install process. Is this correct?

bibms
26th July, 2011, 05:25 AM
I shut it down using power button while it was checking the file system & when I restarted it it went right to updating. It seems to be quicker this way not sure if it was OK to do so but it seems to be working. I also did not see TPMS on the main screen.
bibms,
Also I pressed enter to continue without having the smart card, should I have pressed cancel to exit since I did not have smart card? I did not do that since I thought it would exit/end the install process. Is this correct?

Well the install process should detect previous authoriZed software. It should say 'something found pre-authorized. If it doesn't then it means the software will need to be installed with the smart card. And I also pressed enter through all the prompts and it installed ok for me

shitad
26th July, 2011, 05:29 AM
NightDragon !!!!!
I think the way he did the patch it check to see if you had each Software Authorized and it you had it before then you dont need to put in the smart.

Did you try loading any Asian Diagnostic Software ????? I cannot get mine to work.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 05:42 AM

Is anyone having the same prob as
shitad? Wait a min. I forgot to remove that disk check on first boot. So it will happen everytime you you rewrite the image. But during install you should get a pre-authorized message with the version of the software you had previously installed.

Shitad, do you know how to to setup a serial connection to the scanner? If you do open up a serial terminal connection to the scanner. Log all the of the output during installation and when you run Asian. I can use that info to pinpoint what's happening.

shitad
26th July, 2011, 05:44 AM
I have never done that but I an a fast learner.
Thats with hyper Terminal ????
Give me guide and I will do it.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 05:55 AM

You will need the serial cable that plugs into the rj45 port on the scanner. Connect that to a serial port on your computer. I suggest using teraterm. Load it up, select new connection then select the com port the scanner is hooked up to. Then somewhere in the program there's a logging option. Enable that, then finally turn on on the scanner. You will start to see text showing up etc. Btw serial port settings should be 9600/no parity which usually is the default

shitad
26th July, 2011, 05:59 AM
You will need the serial cable that plugs into the rj45 port on the scanner. Connect that to a serial port on your computer. I suggest using teraterm. Load it up, select new connection then select the com port the scanner is hooked up to. Then somewhere in the program there's a logging option. Enable that, then finally turn on on the scanner. You will start to see text showing up etc. Btw serial port settings should be 9600/no parity which usually is the default

I will search for teraterm now, fisrt time heraing about it, my serial to rj45 is at workplace so I will have to to that in the morning.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 06:04 AM

I'm not really good with directions but I'll. Get teraterm it's better than hyperterminal.
Connect the serial cable to your computer that connects to the rj45 port on the scanner. Load up teraterm and start a new connection using the whichever com port the serial cable is hooked up to. Now enable logging somewhere inside teraterm. Then finally turn on. Your scanner. If it's done right text will start popping up. and that's it. The serial cable that connects to the scanner was included with connech tech package. If you don't got it I'll have to trace the wires and and get you schematics so u can make one

shitad
26th July, 2011, 06:07 AM
I'm not really good with directions but I'll. Get teraterm it's better than hyperterminal.
Connect the serial cable to your computer that connects to the rj45 port on the scanner. Load up teraterm and start a new connection using the whichever com port the serial cable is hooked up to. Now enable logging somewhere inside teraterm. Then finally turn on. Your scanner. If it's done right text will start popping up. and that's it. The serial cable that connects to the scanner was included with connech tech package. If you don't got it I'll have to trace the wires and and get you schematics so u can make one

I find Version 4.7 at Download Tera Term 4.70 :: Freeware | Download (http://logmett.com/index.php?/download/download-tera-term-470-freeware.html) what version do you suggest.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 06:16 AM
I find Version 4.7 at Download Tera Term 4.70 :: Freeware | Download (http://logmett.com/index.php?/download/download-tera-term-470-freeware.html) what version do you suggest.

There was 2 different version of teraterm one by a company, the other was open source. I just got whichever one was yhe free one.

shitad
26th July, 2011, 06:27 AM
There was 2 different version of teraterm one by a company, the other was open source. I just got whichever one was yhe free one.

OK I will test it tomorrow.

bibms
26th July, 2011, 02:08 PM

Shitad, I believe I found what was causing the problem for you. By any chance were you choosing Mazda as your selection? I bet if you tried any other selection it would work. Bug no worries i'm working on a patch that will fix it. And I'll speed up installation . I'll have it in a few hours

shitad
26th July, 2011, 02:57 PM
Shitad, I believe I found what was causing the problem for you. By any chance were you choosing Mazda as your selection? I bet if you tried any other selection it would work. Bug no worries i'm working on a patch that will fix it. And I'll speed up installation . I'll have it in a few hours

No I did not try Mazda, but I Toyota and a few other and no go

I tried the Tera Term awhile ago and whenever I try to load any Asian I get

Exec: can't load file -- bad file format

bibms
26th July, 2011, 04:02 PM
No I did not try Mazda, but I Toyota and a few other and no go

I tried the Tera Term awhile ago and whenever I try to load any Asian I get

Exec: can't load file -- bad file format

If it's saying then it means I possibly messed up the installation script. You still have the image file laying around right? I'm almost done with this fix. probably another hour

shitad
26th July, 2011, 04:23 PM
No problem take your time .:stupido2:

bibms
29th July, 2011, 05:15 AM
wow. just checked the Stats on my files. and so far got about 30 d/ls. I'm surprised there wasn't more activity from people

bibms
29th July, 2011, 05:24 AM
No problem take your time .:stupido2:

Haha well it's kinda hard to keep track of what's been modded and what's been tested. Oh well

Liteace
29th July, 2011, 08:31 AM
wow. just checked the Stats on my files. and so far got about 30 d/ls. I'm surprised there wasn't more activity from people

Is it all done and sorted now then ?

shitad
31st July, 2011, 06:32 PM
I wonder if Bibms is still out drinking beers and hanging with the 2 Hot Jamaican chicks I fedex him :party :, wow he is sure taking a long time with them.

Liteace
31st July, 2011, 06:34 PM
he is sure taking a long time with them.

So would I

superc0
1st August, 2011, 08:01 AM

hi bibms, you can put the schematic of the serial cable for connect tech soft, thanks, or you can tell me where i can find it?:questionmark:

superc0
1st August, 2011, 08:05 AM

works with connectech:questionmark:

shitad
1st August, 2011, 03:37 PM
Superc0 I can help you tomorrow if you dont get it, its National Holiday today so I am home today.

shitad
1st August, 2011, 04:09 PM
If you do a search on google for RJ45 to 9 pin serial pinout you will get a good understanding of serial cable pinout. Bacially there are 2 types of serial cable, they are

Straight Cable
or
Null Cable

I have not check my cable yet but most likely its going to be one of the two that I have uploaded and difference is only on two wires.
Look and se if you uderstand.

stupidguy
1st August, 2011, 09:43 PM
I've tried the latest update. My NGT1024.img file is only 990,208,000 bytes. When I download the update it immediately asks for a 1gb flash card. I don't believe my NGT1024.img file is being updated completely. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks Again for your dedication to this tool!

shitad
2nd August, 2011, 12:18 AM
I've tried the latest update. My NGT1024.img file is only 990,208,000 bytes. When I download the update it immediately asks for a 1gb flash card. I don't believe my NGT1024.img file is being updated completely. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks Again for your dedication to this tool!

Try finding any 4 Gig flash drive and direct the upgrade to it, It will not write anything to the drive but it must first see a 4 Gig before it will proceed with the upgrade download.
Lucky for me I found a 4Gig PNY usb thumb drive. it took me a week before I figure this out, and it works.

stupidguy
2nd August, 2011, 01:57 AM
I have a 4gig card, it only wants a simpletech card however. It knows the difference. I tried writing the image of my original backup to the 4Gig card and it still does not work. Maybe I have a newer version of NGIS? The CD is Version 61.303 copywright 2008. Anybody have a copy of earlier they can share? Here is a screenshot.

shitad
2nd August, 2011, 02:42 AM
I have a 4gig card, it only wants a simpletech card however. It knows the difference. I tried writing the image of my original backup to the 4Gig card and it still does not work. Maybe I have a newer version of NGIS? The CD is Version 61.303 copywright 2008. Anybody have a copy of earlier they can share? Here is a screenshot.

Well I, and I guess a bunch of us here all downloaded the 2010 file from Superc0 that he posted here, this is what we are currently working with. After installing the 2010 software we do a online update where it ask for a 4Gig card, and my understanding is any 4Gig memory usb or otherwise will allow the updated to be downloaded. Once this is done then you should be able find your way around.

stupidguy
2nd August, 2011, 08:35 PM
Done with the file from Superc0.
Thanks again everybody!

Liteace
3rd August, 2011, 07:42 PM
Mine finally arrived today at last, I have with it:
2 x NGIS version 5.2 Rev D cd's (1 cd is still sealed with Infotech 2006 software smartcard)
1 x USA 2004 ABS with pathfinder smart card
1 x USA 2006 domestic with pathfinder smart card
1 X USA 2006 Asian with pathfinder smart card

The CF is a 512 Mb with a sticker on it saying:
SPX, REV.D 12 07

I also have a 2Gb CF that I get new the other day, so where and what do I do ??

Thanks

Liteace
3rd August, 2011, 11:52 PM
If you do a search on google for RJ45 to 9 pin serial pinout you will get a good understanding of serial cable pinout. Bacially there are 2 types of serial cable, they are

Straight Cable
or
Null Cable

I have not check my cable yet but most likely its going to be one of the two that I have uploaded and difference is only on two wires.
Look and se if you uderstand.

If you have ups that has coms connection to PC i think that will work, I have a MGS ups that come with 2 cables 1 is usb to rj45 (thats plugged in & being used) the other cable is a serial to to rj45 that ive just found in the box of spaghetti spare cables, Ill plug that in and see if I get anything

Liteace
3rd August, 2011, 11:55 PM
Ive upgraded, system 4.0 is on there when I start it up, it all seems to work ok apart from scope with infotech 2006, when you select it, it try's to start and then goes back to the main menu, any idea ????

shitad
4th August, 2011, 04:21 AM
I think we are all having a bit of issure here or there so we are waiting to see if Bibms comes out with a fix.

Have not seen him online or made any post and I also notice is mail box is full, so I trust, hope and pray that he is in good health and doing OK.

Regards.

Liteace
4th August, 2011, 02:31 PM
I think we are all having a bit of issure here or there so we are waiting to see if Bibms comes out with a fix.

Have not seen him online or made any post and I also notice is mail box is full, so I trust, hope and pray that he is in good health and doing OK.

Regards.

Maybe he's having a nice holiday some where on a nice beach looking at all the arse's, well not all the arse's just the nices one's and not thinking about anything technical, so if and when he's back he'll be al refreshed and crack it

fordfan
6th August, 2011, 02:49 AM
wow this is sweet im so happy i found this but where the Superc0 file did not see it after reading the whole 14 page unless it the file called gen2010

so i juste buy myself a 4 gig card put the image on it and then turn on the genesys tool and that it ?

it cannot be that simple ?

wow now if we could only update the damn snapon lol i could died happy

Liteace
6th August, 2011, 07:40 PM
you have to run the update software and get the newest 4gb update downloaded to your computer before you begin

then after you have confirmed that your ngis1024.img is 1,210,982,400 bytes

make sure that xdelta3 and gen2010.vcdiff are in the same directory as your ngis1024.img file

open a cmd prompt and navigate to that directory

run this command

i know that i have omitted the destination file name from bibms's original command but it would not create that file (maybe a windows 7 security issue?)

without a specified filename xdelta will build the output file as "patched.img"

first you must put all fils into the same folder
namely
1)Xdelta3.exe, you can remane it xdelta.exe
2)ngt1024.img
3)gen2010.vcdiff

Then click Start/Run/Cmd

From the Dos box you tpye CD\ and hit enter then from there you use the CD command to go to the folder where the 3 files are.

Once you are three you now follow Blibms example anf type

xdelta -d -s ngt1024.img gen2010.img gen2010.vcdiff and hit enter

For those who are a bit lost.

Now back to the issure at hand

The problem I think is with the ngt1024.img file size. I think Blibms had a 4Gig card so he was able to dowmload the updates online and this was what change the file size.
Anyone who has a 4Gig card and downloaded the updates could upload this new upgraded ngt1024.img file from the C:\NIGS folder and we should be good to go.
If any new update came out after he upgraded online, this img file size might change and it will not work.

Worst case is Blibms would need to upload his NGT1024.IMG file and that will take some time so we will all wait until he is online.

Regards

I got a 4Gb card today, I did have loaded on the PC NGIS V5.2 so I loaded the software that superc0:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/updating-genisys-4-0-a-205669-post1137083/#post1137083
uploaded for us, NGIS 80.405, Thanks for that, I run the NGIS update tool today and it downloaded new updates and loaded it to the 4Gb card BUT the ngt1024.img folder is still only 1,056,837 Kb and not 1,210,982,400, does anyone have a .img folder the correct size?
As for the card working without any patch, it didnt, I just get the
"unsupported compact flash"
on the screen of the Genisys !!

shitad
7th August, 2011, 12:05 AM
Liteace,
The reason why ngt1024.img folder is still only 1,056,837 Kb and not 1,210,982,400 is because you did not succeed with the online upgrade, the progress bar did not go all the way and then it give you the 4Gig card error.
Like I said I used a 4 Gig PNY thumb drive and not a 4Gig CF card to piont the online upgrade to and I was able to get this online update going. Note that nothing was written to my 4Gig PNY Flash Drive, I guess the update software only check for a 4Gig drive, so my original ngt1024.img was updated and move in size from 1,056,837 Kb to 1,210,982,400.
At this point you follow Bibms instructions with patching this new ngt1024.img file with the vcdiff file and then you write the new Patched img to a 2 Gig CF card,

I remenber I was haveing problem with Bibms command so I used Scotte example and it worked

Liteace
7th August, 2011, 12:10 AM
Liteace,
The reason why ngt1024.img folder is still only 1,056,837 Kb and not 1,210,982,400 is because you did not succeed with the online upgrade, the progress bar did not go all the way and then it give you the 4Gig card error.
Like I said I used a 4 Gig PNY thumb drive and not a 4Gig CF card to piont the online upgrade to and I was able to get this online update going. Note that nothing was written to my 4Gig PNY Flash Drive, I guess the update software only check for a 4Gig drive, so my original ngt1024.img was updated and move in size from 1,056,837 Kb to 1,210,982,400.
At this point you follow Bibms instructions with patching this new ngt1024.img file with the vcdiff file and then you write the new Patched img to a 2 Gig CF card,

I remenber I was haveing problem with Bibms command so I used Scotte example and it worked

Thanks but i didnt get any error message ?
I'll be up all night trying to sort it

shitad
7th August, 2011, 12:14 AM
If you look into your C:\NGIS folder you will see the file shown in the screen shot I have uploaded.

Liteace
7th August, 2011, 12:18 AM
If you look into your C:\NGIS folder you will see the file shown in the screen shot I have uploaded.

My ngt1024img.exe is 360Mb ??

shitad
7th August, 2011, 12:20 AM
My ngt1024img.exe is 360Mb ??

Yes my error now click on it and it will update the file

It will take anout 5 minutes

Liteace
7th August, 2011, 12:28 AM
Yes my error now click on it and it will update the file

It will take anout 5 minutes

Ive done that and its jumped to 1.182.600 Kb ???

shitad
7th August, 2011, 12:33 AM
Ive done that and its jumped to 1.182.600 Kb ???

Try to patch it again

Liteace
7th August, 2011, 12:39 AM
Try to patch it again

Looks like its pached, where the file that I have to write to the 2Gb CF ??

Found it, found it just writing now to CF then will test

THANKS

bibms
7th August, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm currently trying to find a better way to implement my patches. When I do find a solution. I'll be releasing a private image with 2010 euro. And I'll also make the current image public. When that happens it'll probably be my last update for awhile. This project consumes up a lot of my time especially when I'm working with a POS pc.

Anyway anyone got the 38pin Mercedes breakout box smart insert? Or the bmw interface that connects to the smart cable. I'm looking for a pinout schematic for them if possible

Liteace
8th August, 2011, 12:08 AM
I'm currently trying to find a better way to implement my patches. When I do find a solution. I'll be releasing a private image with 2010 euro. And I'll also make the current image public. When that happens it'll probably be my last update for awhile. This project consumes up a lot of my time especially when I'm working with a POS pc.

Anyway anyone got the 38pin Mercedes breakout box smart insert? Or the bmw interface that connects to the smart cable. I'm looking for a pinout schematic for them if possible

Your back, thats good news, we was all getting a bit worried

bibms
8th August, 2011, 12:54 AM
Your back, thats good news, we was all getting a bit worried

Yeah been feeling the effects of being unemployed having to do odd jobs here n there. But I havent forgot about this project. Been brainstorming possible solutions on how I can implement an easier way to apply the patches which would be less prone to errors

shitad
8th August, 2011, 01:11 AM
Bibms,
good to see you, for a moment I thought you ran off with those 2 Jamaican Babes I sent you :party :

bibms
8th August, 2011, 02:22 AM
Bibms,
good to see you, for a moment I thought you ran off with those 2 Jamaican Babes I sent you :party :

Haha if I did that, you'd probably see me in dreds playing on a make shift drums going 'eh mon' at the beach :P

shitad
8th August, 2011, 10:35 PM
I notice my Genisys always "time out" after about 4 minutes of idling and this can me very anoying.
Is anyone else experiencing this with theirs, the next time I boot it up I will check to see it there is a setting for this.
Today I checked a 2005 Chevy Tahoe with Tyre Pressure Monitoring System error. Connected to the system and worked well.

Liteace
8th August, 2011, 11:09 PM
I notice my Genisys always "time out" after about 4 minutes of idling and this can me very anoying.
Is anyone else experiencing this with theirs, the next time I boot it up I will check to see it there is a setting for this.

When you say timed out, whats timed out ? whats it doing?
Ive had mine on idle for about half hour (plugged into charger as need a new battery) and its been ok

shitad
9th August, 2011, 01:15 AM
Lets say I am into a live data section viewing the data but no need for any key stroke, after about 4 minutes the Genisys goes into sleep mode and I have to power up back before it can come on, but when it comes on it does not give the message that it was not shut down properly. It boots up back normally

Liteace
9th August, 2011, 11:23 PM
Lets say I am into a live data section viewing the data but no need for any key stroke, after about 4 minutes the Genisys goes into sleep mode and I have to power up back before it can come on, but when it comes on it does not give the message that it was not shut down properly. It boots up back normally

Cant help you Mate with that one, mine needs a new battery so its not been tested yet, it works fine and will sit there forever when plugged into the charger to power it, battery is on its way so when it gets here i'll test it and see what happends

rrob311
10th August, 2011, 12:52 AM
Does anyone know of a newer infotech release? I also own the Solarity 4 channel scope and am dying to find newer software. The OTC software has more holes in coverage than swiss cheese. I would really like to upgrade my older genisys. It has been sitting in my car since last fall. I have no use for it with the older software. I bought a 4gb card last year in order to do this and today was the first time I have seen any developments.

shitad
10th August, 2011, 01:43 AM
When you say timed out, whats timed out ? whats it doing?
Ive had mine on idle for about half hour (plugged into charger as need a new battery) and its been ok

Now that you mention it, yes mine does the same thing where whenever I plug in the AC adapter it will stay on all day and not time out but for some strange reason it time out on ODB power with engine running and car battery fully charge.
I wonder why ???
Tomorrow I will try my MAC Mentor to see if it does the same on OBD power with engine running and battery fully charge.

bibms
12th August, 2011, 11:06 PM
Now that you mention it, yes mine does the same thing where whenever I plug in the AC adapter it will stay on all day and not time out but for some strange reason it time out on ODB power with engine running and car battery fully charge.
I wonder why ???
Tomorrow I will try my MAC Mentor to see if it does the same on OBD power with engine running and battery fully charge.

Somewhere in the settings will be an option for auto sleep or something. It's under the same menu as the time and date settings I believe. One thing I've noticed about using the smart cable is that it doesn't charge the unit. I had rigged myself some li-ion batteries together and made my own pack. I rather would have used ni-cad but i didnt have qby laying around. It works for the most part but it bulges out. From the rear

rrob311
14th August, 2011, 01:23 AM
BIBMS where did you obtain the background to figure out stuff like this besides being a genius?

bibms
14th August, 2011, 03:21 AM
BIBMS where did you obtain the background to figure out stuff like this besides being a genius?

It took a whole lot of thinking outside the box, time, and trial n error.

Liteace
16th August, 2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah been feeling the effects of being unemployed having to do odd jobs here n there. But I havent forgot about this project. Been brainstorming possible solutions on how I can implement an easier way to apply the patches which would be less prone to errors

Hows it all going, any new news ?

bibms
17th August, 2011, 08:07 AM
Hows it all going, any new news ?

Yeah I'm slowly working on a final update. Kinda hard without a computer. But I'm mainly working on fixing all the bugs. It's progressing but slowly

bibms
29th August, 2011, 06:04 PM
Well just checking in. havent had much computer time. but i have gotten a lil work done. rewrote patching scripts. found offsets that needed needed to be patched in new executables. modified install script to display a few custom messages.

still need to copy files back onto scanner. there are a few things that got me wondering. like why abs files are still included even though abs is not shown on software seleCt menu. and a whole lotta other things. its getting there. Slowly but surely.

heres a possible DIY if you have the mercedes 38pin cable but not the new ssi with jumper wire. looking at connector theres 2 rows of pins. even #'s on top. odd #'s on bottom. #1 is located bottom left corner. starting from pin 4 on up. matches exactly with mercedes pinout. so if you substitute Pin 1 for 'k' then jump it to the corresponding pin. you should get data. though i was only able to get dAta from pin 4. which is engine module. tried accessing abs and srs modules but i couldnr connect to them. maybe i missed Something. oh well its a start

Liteace
29th August, 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update & keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrob311
29th August, 2011, 06:39 PM
Well just checking in. havent had much computer time. but i have gotten a lil work done. rewrote patching scripts. found offsets that needed needed to be patched in new executables. modified install script to display a few custom messages.

still need to copy files back onto scanner. there are a few things that got me wondering. like why abs files are still included even though abs is not shown on software seleCt menu. and a whole lotta other things. its getting there. Slowly but surely.

heres a possible DIY if you have the mercedes 38pin cable but not the new ssi with jumper wire. looking at connector theres 2 rows of pins. even #'s on top. odd #'s on bottom. #1 is located bottom left corner. starting from pin 4 on up. matches exactly with mercedes pinout. so if you substitute Pin 1 for 'k' then jump it to the corresponding pin. you should get data. though i was only able to get dAta from pin 4. which is engine module. tried accessing abs and srs modules but i couldnr connect to them. maybe i missed Something. oh well its a start

Do you have a pinout of the DLC16 connector, the parallel connector and the pins where the smart inserts go? I can get schematics of the dlc16 on the car as far as data lines are concerned.

briandsl
2nd September, 2011, 07:49 PM
hi i have just bought a used genisys with 2002 usa & 2001 import s/ware, but i didn't get the cd

best regards briandsl

nojooms
11th September, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hello everybody,I tried to copy the 09 image to 4GB CF then i get error says:

Not all of the image data could be written to the destination drive.this is common if the source of the image was a different brand or size than the destination media.

the CF is 4GB kingston.
my otc came with system 2.0 then i upgraded to 3.0 with 2006 smart cards.
any help i realy appreciate, i read the treads over and over and over and still can't get it

rrob311
12th September, 2011, 12:30 AM
ya I have been having similar troubles. I have been unable to get the cards to boot in the machine. I must be formatting them incorrectly.

shitad
12th September, 2011, 01:30 AM
My understanding is Version 9 that we have here only works on a 1 Gig CF and the 2010 Version will only work on a 2 Gig.
Give is a shot and see.

nojooms
13th September, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'll order one and try it and post back, thnx

bibms
14th September, 2011, 07:38 PM
My understanding is Version 9 that we have here only works on a 1 Gig CF and the 2010 Version will only work on a 2 Gig.
Give is a shot and see.

Actually all the data for 2010 would not fit on a 1 gig card. That's why i set a 2gig minimum for 2010 and up. I was lucky to be even able to fit 2009 on a 1gig card. But that 2 gig minimum I set is kinda the downfall because if you use a 4gig card. You'd have like 2.5gigs or so of wasted space that you can't even touch I still haven't figured out a solution yet.
Only way I can think of that will use up all the space is write a program that will make a lynx formated file system that is able to read and write data. That way in theory it would be possible to use it to create a raw image on the fly that will be able to use up the full capacity of the cf card with the necessary data already copied into it

bibms
14th September, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hello everybody,I tried to copy the 09 image to 4GB CF then i get error says:

Not all of the image data could be written to the destination drive.this is common if the source of the image was a different brand or size than the destination media.

the CF is 4GB kingston.
my otc came with system 2.0 then i upgraded to 3.0 with 2006 smart cards.
any help i realy appreciate, i read the treads over and over and over and still can't get it

If you read it correctly you were suppose to write the image onto the cf card. Not copy the image. Cause on a properly written card. The data will not be accessible in windows. That's why I said you need to use a program that can write to the raw disk sector by sector. ie. Disk Imager or 'dd win32'

bibms
14th September, 2011, 07:50 PM
Do you have a pinout of the DLC16 connector, the parallel connector and the pins where the smart inserts go? I can get schematics of the dlc16 on the car as far as data lines are concerned.

Well for the special 38pin mb cable that uses the ssi. It's basically pin for pin. Only thing I'm not sure of is if there is any internal muxers for the 38pin breakout box that connects to the ssi slot.

rrob311
15th September, 2011, 12:38 AM
If you read it correctly you were suppose to write the image onto the cf card. Not copy the image. Cause on a properly written card. The data will not be accessible in windows. That's why I said you need to use a program that can write to the raw disk sector by sector. ie. Disk Imager or 'dd win32'

So would MCE work to write the file? I have a PCMCIA to CF adapter that allows me to use that program.

bibms
15th September, 2011, 03:12 AM
So would MCE work to write the file? I have a PCMCIA to CF adapter that allows me to use that program.

I'm not familiar with mce. But if it enables you to write disk images onto a data drive then hussy I belieave it should. Just go ahead and try it. Then try reading the cf card after finish writing the image if it's inaccessible then the cf card should work in your genisys

rrob311
15th September, 2011, 03:20 AM
Ya I just copied my old file and it worked. It took like an hour to write the 3.0 file off my NGIS disc and it boots but then it says: Unsupported Compact Flash. So I am lost on what disc to use for 3.0. I want to update my older one to 3.0 and my Evo to 4.0

nojooms
15th September, 2011, 05:03 AM
thanks for replying.that's what i used the disk imager you provided in 05 file, and i tried to use the option that says write image.I even tried to shrink the cf card to 1GB & 2GB,but same error message.

bibms
15th September, 2011, 12:22 PM
thanks for replying.that's what i used the disk imager you provided in 05 file, and i tried to use the option that says write image.I even tried to shrink the cf card to 1GB & 2GB,but same error message.

Well I think that's your problem right there. If you are trying to write the original image from the cd. It's going to give you thy error. What's basically happening is, since you are writing the image onto a cf card that isn't use or supplied by OTC it will error out and and halt from booting any further. Now if you had tried using the 05 image, I'm pretty sure the end result would be a whole lot more to your liking

nojooms
15th September, 2011, 11:14 PM
Well I think that's your problem right there. If you are trying to write the original image from the cd. It's going to give you thy error. What's basically happening is, since you are writing the image onto a cf card that isn't use or supplied by OTC it will error out and and halt from booting any further. Now if you had tried using the 05 image, I'm pretty sure the end result would be a whole lot more to your liking
I tried the 05 image, and giving me same error.May be i am doing something wrong.So is it that i have to use the cf card that otc support? or i can use any cf card with any size.
and the images 05 & 09 do i do anything with them or just write them to cf card as is using the flash imager you provided.
I realy appreciate your help.

rrob311
16th September, 2011, 12:50 AM
I was able to get the cd img file to boot but it stops when it says card unsupported. MCE works to write the file. That got me past the whole formatting issue. I am pretty sure you need a higher speed cf card to run 3.0. There is a program that reads what kind of CF card you have. If I have time I will see what specs my 3.0 card in the Evo has but I am thinking it is just a higher data transfer rate.

bibms
16th September, 2011, 08:46 AM
I was able to get the cd img file to boot but it stops when it says card unsupported. MCE works to write the file. That got me past the whole formatting issue. I am pretty sure you need a higher speed cf card to run 3.0. There is a program that reads what kind of CF card you have. If I have time I will see what specs my 3.0 card in the Evo has but I am thinking it is just a higher data transfer rate.

I don't believe there is any requirement on what speed cards you yse for 3.0. Speed only becomes a factor when it's reading and writing. Sure you could use a slow card. It may take a little while for it to load but it will load. I'm willing to bet if you load up any old version onto a high speed card. The boot times will be comparable to the claimed boot times of system 4.0.

Anyway about the 05 I don't remember if there was a problem with it. It's quite possible there was. The 09 one will work but some programs won't run

fordfan
18th September, 2011, 09:15 PM
ok guy i really need some help my odl scanner i dont have the white card with it so i dont have the 5 file for the ngis so i dont have the last update

and my old 1 gig card die on me while trying to make a backup

so now im screw the scanner dont work

dont have and update

and plzzz

could some one make me a 4 gig image off a card all ready to write back into my 4gig blank card and then ill find a friend who has the white card to activate

or have a fully version all ready working you can send me the link in pm

plzzz im getting desperate i have a car to repair monday and i need my scanner to work

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP

Liteace
18th September, 2011, 09:17 PM
Just get a 2 gig card and load what Bibms has done for us here and you should be up and running again

fordfan
18th September, 2011, 11:06 PM
well i dont have a 2 gig card and cannot find anything else in store then a 4 gig as a min

so plz im really screwed here and i need some help plzz

anybody

need a 4 gig image all ready to go