PDA

View Full Version : FTP tool for openbox S9 HD PVR

darvash
10th May, 2011, 01:37 PM
Hallo everyone
Her is the tool to configer your openbox from PC "only windows":santaclaus:

(Directions are taken from another forum, so no thanks to me but goes to the author for doing this good work)

We shall presume you have already installed firmware dated 06/05/11 or newer, if not you can download the latest firmware for openbox/skybox S9 and S10 her. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/)
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/)

Note-: This tool only works if your box is working normaly. If your box seems to be dead and you can not contact it form Pc so hopfully you can still fix it using null modem cable. Just follow this guide (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/recover-dead-skybox-openbox-flash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable-233298/)

The first thing you will be required to do is download and unzip the
STBHD_LAN_MM.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/62110d1305030859-ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-stbhd_lan_mm.rar) file, which can also be downloaded from bottom of page

Once unzipped, run the program STBHD_LAN_MM and set the Box IP,
if you don't know the Box IP, use the remote control and click
Menu -> Network Setup -> and copy the IP Address as that is the Box IP.
Here's an example of what the IP Address will look like: 192.168.0.55

Now Enter the Password, the default Password is [0 0 0 0]

Once you have established a connection, you will see two windows.
The one on the right , that one is the Box File List [the receiver]
The one on the left that one is the Local File List
[this is where the files are located that wish to transfer to the receiver]

If you want to backup your current firmware and cannellist (always a good idea) , mark the files image.abs and TP_PROG.dbs click on the upper arrow < to transfer the file to the Local File List. Save files in a different folder when finished

To add files to the Local File List, first open the STBHD_LAN_MM folder,
and then simply place the files you wish to transfer in the folder.

Notic: If you want to update your box simply rename the firmware file (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/) to image.abs and place it in STBHD_LAN_MM folder.

To transfer a file from the Local File List, in this example it will be the Softcam.key,
click on the CCcam plug file, and then click on the Softcam.key file,
and in the bottom window, the contents of the file will be displayed,
also any relevant transfer details will also be displayed in the window.

Now click on the bottom arrow > to transfer the file to the Box File List,
it will then be auto transfered to the correct location for you.

Now we shall transfer the Softcam.key from the receiver to the Local File List,
so again click on the CCcam plug file, and then click on the Softcam.key file,
and in the bottom window the contents of the file will be displayed,

Now click on the top arrow < to transfer the file to the Local File List,

To clear the description box of any file info displayed in the bottom window,
simply click on the X button, .

And the file description info has now been removed, as you can see .

Once you have finished transfering files, click on the Exit button,

SG8
10th May, 2011, 11:09 PM
Could do with some instructions for use!!

Thanks for posting it

Adam_UK
11th May, 2011, 10:23 AM
it need the latest firmware 05/05/2011, tried it on box with f/w of April but couldn't connect

hooley
11th May, 2011, 10:47 AM
Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere:

i. First, download STBHD_LAN_MM utility package (consisting of CCcam.cfg, CCcam.prio, CCcam.channelinfo, constant.cw and etc).
ii. Then launch it with both PC and Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy S9 HD decoder connected in the same LAN network (either wired or wirelessly).
iii. Key in the decoder IP address into BOX IP field as seen from TV screen (under Menu ***8211; Network Setup) and password as ***8216;0000***8217; (default). Then login the system. A message of ***8220;Login oK.:)***8221; will appear on the screen indicating the successful connection established.
iv. By now, check for the Local File List and Box File List on left and right of the screen, which represents local hard disk and decoder storage respectively.
v. Click on CCcam plug under Local File List to open up the sub tree view and you will notice the CCcam.cfg. This is the new card sharing stored in your local PC (same directory as where the STBHD_LAN_MM is). And click on the green arrow button will copy it into the Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy.
vi. Save it and restart the Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy and you are done.
Take note that it may not work on certain older firmware version so do try it out yourself if it works for your decoder.

trauma
11th May, 2011, 11:02 AM
Well if your going to borrow, at least borrow the best stuff. :laugh:

Before you run STBHD_LAN_MM, you should place all the files
you wish to transfer to the receiver in the root folder of STBHD_LAN_MM.

When you have established a connection between the PC & OpenBox you will see two windows,
one named Local File List, the other Box File List [the receiver]

The window on the left, that one is the Local File List
and then simply place the files you wish to transfer in the root.

As there is no option for accessing any other folder on your computer.
Also any files you transfer from the receiver,
will also be stored in the STBHD_LAN_MM folder.

Those of you who can not establish a connection via LAN,
try adding a null modem cable between the receiver and PC, and that may address your connection problems.

After thought:
If any of you have ever used the DCC program,
then you will be familiar with the setup and transfer protocols of this program.

hooley
11th May, 2011, 11:09 AM
Well if your going to borrow, at least borrow the best stuff. :laugh:

Before you run STBHD_LAN_MM, you should place all the files
you wish to transfer to the receiver in the root folder of STBHD_LAN_MM.

When you have established a connection between the PC & OpenBox you will see two windows, one named Local File List the other Box File List [the receiver]

The window on the left, that one is the Local File List
To add files to the Local File List, first open the STBHD_LAN_MM folder, and then simply place the files you wish to transfer in the root.

As there is no option for accessing any other folder on your computer.
Also any files you transfer from the receiver,
will also be stored in the STBHD_LAN_MM folder.

Those of you who can not establish a connection via LAN, try adding a null modem cable between the receiver and PC, and that may address your connection problems.
Face off eh? :laugh:

trauma
11th May, 2011, 11:14 AM
Or maybe, one should not preach what one can not practice.

Anyway, this is a healthy way of keeping each other on their toes, then everybody wins with the extra info they receive. :top:

hooley
11th May, 2011, 11:15 AM
Or maybe, one should not preach what one can not practice.

Anyway, this is a healthy way of keeping each other on their toes, then everybody wins with the extra info they receive. :top:
Group hug:beer:

trauma
11th May, 2011, 11:46 AM
People will start to talk if we carry on like this much longer... :hahaha:

torreal
11th May, 2011, 04:20 PM
People will start to talk if we carry on like this much longer... :hahaha:

We already are!!!

But the shared info from yourselves is great so we refrain from loving comment.:handkiss:

Seriously, thanks both for the above posts, useful. :top:

alphaque
20th May, 2011, 02:41 AM
beside uploading the CCcam.cfg, the card sharing info the openbox, what other functions could be obtained from this FTP software ?

If we have the latest firmware, will it supports the future firmware upgrade over internet instead of downloading the fw to the USB disk and upgrade like what we do today ?

cylib
20th May, 2011, 05:42 AM
Yes program looks very like DCC. Bit confused on password though " ***8216;0000***8217 " .What are the stars for? In dreamboxes default is "dreambox" .

Captain Cook
23rd May, 2011, 03:36 AM
Thank you darvash and hooley.
Much appreciated.

I have an UN peace keeping force on standby should relations
deteriorate! (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deteriorate)

darvash
24th May, 2011, 10:55 AM
Yes program looks very like DCC. Bit confused on password though " ***8216;0000***8217 " .What are the stars for? In dreamboxes default is "dreambox" .

Default password is "0000" for openbox

Minny
12th June, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hallo everyone
Her is the tool to configer your openbox from PC "only
Hi this Tools is very handy and useful for the Openbox S9 HD, it is very useful, for communicate with receiver and dowload information
":santaclaus: Just run .exe

Hi this Tools is very handy and useful for the Openbox S9 HD, it is very useful, for communicate with receiver and dowload information

eattheliving
26th June, 2011, 01:45 PM
hi guy's, can you transfer video files using the FTP tool or do you have to plug the mem stick into pc and upload that way?

cheers

Minny
26th June, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hi ALL
Openbox FTP is very handy , works well, Enjoy viewing

Minny
28th June, 2011, 01:41 AM
Hi All, Can help on how to Manual key for the BISS keys and Constant CW keys in to S9 HD PVR ?

Is S9 HD PVR , able to receive DVB-S2 or 8QPSK , channels, anybody , knows , pl do share , how to do it ?

thanks

darvash
28th June, 2011, 10:44 AM
hi guy's, can you transfer video files using the FTP tool or do you have to plug the mem stick into pc and upload that way?

cheers

No you cannot transfer video files using FTP tool now but they are working on it.

darvash
20th July, 2011, 08:24 PM
Added new directions in first post

matrixgl
26th July, 2011, 12:41 AM
can i use this tool on my clone s9...?

sjony
28th July, 2011, 06:59 AM
There is also a possibility to edit the channel list?

Minny
1st August, 2011, 03:51 AM
Dear all
Can some one pl , help tell how to transfer , Clines, and Cccam.prio activate them

royboyz
1st August, 2011, 06:50 AM
Have you tried reading the 10'000 tutorials spread over the internet?
Try Google with the words openbox adding Cline

eddywhyte
28th September, 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi friends i just bought openbox s9 so far i can only watch fta channels pls guys help me open the scrambled channels am new to this forum.Thanks

Jackal187
28th September, 2011, 11:04 PM
I know you're new and all that but see top post from "Royboyz"

mabdulha
12th October, 2011, 03:00 AM
Can I get a firmware for Asian version

JFADHAM
12th October, 2011, 01:04 PM
I am trying to reflash my opebox because I loaded a .abs file that has a password I cannot access or use the usb upgrade.
So I download and unzip the STBHD_LAN_MM.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/62110d1305030859-ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-stbhd_lan_mm.rar) file, I unzipped, run the program STBHD_LAN_MM and set the Box IP (192.168.000.002)
Then I Entered the Password, the default Password is [0 0 0 0]

I got the message wait 20 seconds then I got message cannot connect

Help What can I do. I have tried the USB to Null rs232 cable but also failed.

I appreciate any help, THANKS

darvash
16th October, 2011, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=JFADHAM;1287798]

Use this guide and tool (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/recover-dead-skybox-openbox-flash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable-233298/)to upgrade firmware using null modem cable.

bajadish
16th October, 2011, 07:38 PM

True, the default (factory) password is 0000, but if it has been changed to some other number then that is the number you have to use to get into the box using the LAN tool. So your only option is to use the RS232 cable and reprogram the box.

npk
18th October, 2011, 07:39 PM
Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere:

i. First, download STBHD_LAN_MM utility package (consisting of CCcam.cfg, CCcam.prio, CCcam.channelinfo, constant.cw and etc).
ii. Then launch it with both PC and Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy S9 HD decoder connected in the same LAN network (either wired or wirelessly).
iii. Key in the decoder IP address into BOX IP field as seen from TV screen (under Menu ***8211; Network Setup) and password as ***8216;0000***8217; (default). Then login the system. A message of ***8220;Login oK.:)***8221; will appear on the screen indicating the successful connection established.
iv. By now, check for the Local File List and Box File List on left and right of the screen, which represents local hard disk and decoder storage respectively.
v. Click on CCcam plug under Local File List to open up the sub tree view and you will notice the CCcam.cfg. This is the new card sharing stored in your local PC (same directory as where the STBHD_LAN_MM is). And click on the green arrow button will copy it into the Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy.
vi. Save it and restart the Openbox/ Skybox/Hibox or Yumy and you are done.
Take note that it may not work on certain older firmware version so do try it out yourself if it works for your decoder.

he did mention that it was aquired from somewhere else. give him credit though he has shared it with us

mrkema
2nd November, 2011, 09:38 AM
I am trying to reflash my opebox because I loaded a .abs file that has a password I cannot access or use the usb upgrade.
So I download and unzip the STBHD_LAN_MM.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/62110d1305030859-ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-stbhd_lan_mm.rar) file, I unzipped, run the program STBHD_LAN_MM and set the Box IP (192.168.000.002)

I got the message wait 20 seconds then I got message cannot connect

Help What can I do. I have tried the USB to Null rs232 cable but also failed.

I appreciate any help, THANKS

try this ip : 192.168.0.2

rado23
4th November, 2011, 05:44 AM
Is it correct to say that this Openbox S10 works in any region/country with this Ccam.cfg file?

deblake
24th December, 2011, 01:00 AM
I try unbricked my openbox using many tools, and nothing happends I have version s11 maybe this tool will help.

kawalsinghsuri
1st January, 2012, 11:38 PM
hi can we edit the ccam file Thanks

atul23
2nd January, 2012, 07:59 PM
hi, i am new in this forum please give more information about openbox change cccam .
thx.

ukeyes
5th January, 2012, 01:37 AM
Hi I have tried the LAN tool but only seems to be any good for uploading the CCcam.cfg file. Is there a tool to that will allow you to download the config amend it and then upload? The reason I ask is because the first 3 servers were added by the supplier of the box and I am unable to get the detail of them. I am therefore worried that if I over write the config file I will lose these settings forever. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

iain1965
15th January, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi I have tried the LAN tool but only seems to be any good for uploading the CCcam.cfg file. Is there a tool to that will allow you to download the config amend it and then upload? The reason I ask is because the first 3 servers were added by the supplier of the box and I am unable to get the detail of them. I am therefore worried that if I over write the config file I will lose these settings forever. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

You can use the tool to transfer your Cccam.cfg from the box to your STBHD_LAN folder. After you have done that, select the Cccam.cfg file from the left hand menu, in the viewing pane below you will see the contents of the Cccam.cfg file, from here you can edit the file, copy it's contents and do what the hell you want with it before transferring back to the box.
It's not rocket science, but a little common sense helps.:heeeelllllooooo:

Minny
23rd January, 2012, 06:52 AM
thnks , all
Hi can we use this Lan tools for Supenet model too
thnks if can help clear for me

thefatroller
24th January, 2012, 04:15 PM
Do f lines work with this. Ccam

bones24
12th February, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hallo everyone

(Directions are taken from another forum, so no thanks to me but goes to the author for doing this good work)

We shall presume you have already installed firmware dated 06/05/11 or newer, if not you can download the latest firmware for openbox/skybox S9 and S10 her. (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/)
(http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/)

Note-: This tool only works if your box is working normaly. If your box seems to be dead and you can not contact it form Pc so hopfully you can still fix it using null modem cable. Just follow this guide (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/recover-dead-skybox-openbox-flash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable-233298/)

STBHD_LAN_MM.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f184/62110d1305030859-ftp-tool-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-stbhd_lan_mm.rar) file, which can also be downloaded from bottom of page

If you want to backup your current firmware and cannellist (always a good idea) , mark the files image.abs and TP_PROG.dbs click on the upper arrow < to transfer the file to the Local File List. Save files in a different folder when finished

Notic: If you want to update your box simply rename the firmware file (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/latest-firmware-openbox-s9-s10-214492/) to image.abs and place it in STBHD_LAN_MM folder.

To transfer a file from the Local File List, in this example it will be the Softcam.key,

hi mate,

this dont seem to work :( i get a error and the program crashes and closes i have attached picture, would you know
why i am getting this error.

many thanks,

Bones

Gregn
15th February, 2012, 08:31 AM
I am new to the S10 I can see the S10 in my router in DHCP (matches the mac address) but cannot access via a browser please help

slugworth
15th February, 2012, 07:16 PM
ftp is actually a misnomer,they use tcp/udp for file transfer with only the lan manager program.No ftp program or browser will get in.

idacil
5th March, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi, access the receiver the same way that the webtv of the dreambox, is there any possibility on openbox or not? Does anyone know an HD receiver that has this functionality?

choujenfa
13th March, 2012, 03:47 AM
Tools is very handy and useful for the Openbox S9 HD, it is very useful

judasleons
27th April, 2012, 05:23 PM
can I download cccam.cfg file to my pc?

slugworth
27th April, 2012, 07:15 PM
depends on the firmware rev I guess.

Accounts are hidden on this version,only for uploading!

gumsle10
4th June, 2012, 01:09 AM
Hallo everyone

dont work for me

rramesh5
5th July, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the utility. Will give it a try.

eriklee18
13th July, 2012, 01:58 PM
mine is m-sat s10, same problems, hopefully this help, tq

lee1892
19th September, 2012, 11:13 AM
CANT SEEM TO DOWNLOAD?

morscor
27th September, 2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the utility. Will give it a try.

mosborne
2nd October, 2012, 03:52 PM
Any one have any idea of the timeframe for the upgrade to this tool for downloading video? It would be great if it can do streaming too, but I would be happy just for the download capability.
Thanks

slugworth
2nd October, 2012, 07:50 PM
I doubt that one

Sukhum
3rd October, 2012, 06:27 PM
Thank you for your sharing, it is quite useful tool

topcat33
30th October, 2012, 09:50 PM
Great, thanks.

tigriuz
8th December, 2012, 10:05 PM
is very dificult donload any files from this web

dacho87
30th December, 2012, 05:21 PM
thanks for sharing this, very usefull :)

cesc
25th March, 2013, 10:37 PM
can i update my cline using the ftp?