PDA

View Full Version : div x file playback

leethal
16th December, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hi

Can anyone tell me how i go about transferring a file (film etc) from my PC to my cube revo?
And then how i go about watching it?

many thanks

aftermath
16th December, 2008, 12:32 AM
ftp the divx/xvid file to mnt/hdd/media
or
mnt/hdd/media/divx

to play

exit
multimedia
video player

there is bugs sometimes, with the sound out of sinc , or maybe a panic or 2. But the quality is superb.

leethal
16th December, 2008, 12:47 AM
this is where i come unstuck--what does ftp mean? i am a beginner to all this!
i have managed to get all my cable channels working though!!

aftermath
16th December, 2008, 01:01 AM
ftp stands for "file transfer protocol"
you can download a programme from here in downloads called FlashFXP
you got a wireless router or a direct connection ?
wireless router is best option, just link a crossover cable between the box and router, or a direct connection between PC and box.

In flash FXP.

start a new session

enter the ip address of the box ( you can change this in advanced settings from remote control on your box ). Make it within 5 from your router or PC

example

router = 192.168.1.1
pc = 192.168.1.2
box = 192.168.1.3

username = root
password = relook , unless you got Cli image where password = ipbox

hope this helps.

leethal
16th December, 2008, 01:10 AM
many thanks i shall have a go at that!

i have a wireless router!

leethal
16th December, 2008, 01:25 AM
hi sorry for asking stupid questions!
i am presuming that i need a crossover cable if i have not got one?

also how do i find out the ip address of my router and pc?

aftermath
16th December, 2008, 01:33 AM
the easiest way is to download dreambox control centre from here ( DCC )

set it to ping all devices , tell it you got a router.
username = root
password = relook

it will take a few mins and will come back with IP address of your
router
PC
IPbox

or in your web browser type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1

you should get a box appear asking you for your router username and password, then you will know the IP address of your router.

leethal
16th December, 2008, 09:10 PM
i have ordered my crossover cable so when it arrives i will be eager to have a go!

Could you explain to me what DCC and PCeditor do in simple terms for me please?
Also are they a similar kind of program?

thanks

aftermath
16th December, 2008, 09:28 PM
i have ordered my crossover cable so when it arrives i will be eager to have a go!

Could you explain to me what DCC and PCeditor do in simple terms for me please?
Also are they a similar kind of program?

thanks

DCC will allow you to telnet or FTP to your IP box , telnet lets you send commands to your box, while ftp will allow you to transfer files to and from your box and PC. also will allow to change the attributes of certain files allowing them to be changed when need be.

PC editor is the main means of Flashing and backing up images, also making and changing buquettes ( TV favourite settings ) also you can save these or upload them to ipbox, this is called database.

leethal
16th December, 2008, 10:17 PM
right i am starting to understand this i think!

am i correct in thinking that the images etc that can be flashed by USB upgrade can also be flashed by PC editor?

aftermath
16th December, 2008, 10:20 PM
right i am starting to understand this i think!

am i correct in thinking that the images etc that can be flashed by USB upgrade can also be flashed by PC editor?

yep thats correct

leethal
19th December, 2008, 05:57 PM
hi
my crossover cable came---now hit my next prob! how do i actually change the numbers to enter the ip address on the cube revo? can get to this bit but cant change from 0.0.0.0

leethal
19th December, 2008, 06:23 PM
aloso aftermath have you tried any 1080p/720p bluray/HD files on the cube revo?
what was the quality like?

thanks

aftermath
19th December, 2008, 06:47 PM
hi
my crossover cable came---now hit my next prob! how do i actually change the numbers to enter the ip address on the cube revo? can get to this bit but cant change from 0.0.0.0

in Advanced settings/IP settings on the top menu, scoll along the options and choose static IP address, click on it and a keyboard appears, edit it from there m8

aloso aftermath have you tried any 1080p/720p bluray/HD files on the cube revo?
what was the quality like?

thanks
Ive onle played Divx x through mine, the quality was superb except the audio is out of sinc, but its a comman fault at the mo.. until someone works on it.

leethal
19th December, 2008, 06:56 PM
when i click on 'static ip' it brings up a menu with 4 options 'static ip, auto(DHCP) etc

when i click on ip address the box goes into panic! does the box need to be connected to the router to do this?

or have i got a faulty box?

aftermath
22nd December, 2008, 11:39 AM
when i click on 'static ip' it brings up a menu with 4 options 'static ip, auto(DHCP) etc

when i click on ip address the box goes into panic! does the box need to be connected to the router to do this?

or have i got a faulty box?

Sorry Leethal for not getting back m8, .

You got latest Cli image on it by any chance, as i found that the IP address once click on it to change it , box goes into panic, only on this image.

you have 2 options, flash the earlier Cli or NLB image.
or leave what ever IP address is on the one you got,static IP, i think it will be 192.168.1.7 , if its the same as the one i tried.

I have went back to sifteam 7043 just for now until a few have been fixed.

leethal
23rd December, 2008, 02:48 PM
hi mate

yeah got the latest cli image on!! just flashed it to the NLB image and can can get the keyboard etc but my encrypted channels have gone off!!
i knew this box would not be easy but its a great challenge!!!!!

do you have to fill the other stuff in like subney mask, gateway etc on the IP input screen?

aftermath
24th December, 2008, 02:22 PM
hi mate

yeah got the latest cli image on!! just flashed it to the NLB image and can can get the keyboard etc but my encrypted channels have gone off!!
i knew this box would not be easy but its a great challenge!!!!!

do you have to fill the other stuff in like subney mask, gateway etc on the IP input screen?

can i suggest something leethal , flash back the Cli image and copy the var/keys folder to PC and also the var/scce.

Then re flash NLB image and the files you copied from Cli to PC FTP them the keys to vat/keys, and scce to var/scce. Unless you already have these files the just FTP to NLB.

Also if you got sat and cable you need to install the latest mgcamd that will be sufficient to run both m8.

Choose static IP Once you set your IP address on NLB image, your subnet will be 255.255.255.0
and gateway will be 192.168.1.1