PDA

View Full Version : Calterm tutorials, tips and procedures

donniemnemonic
12th May, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hi all.
After reading through the entire Cummins calterm thread which is now at index 83 as I type this, and having thought that the idea by 1 member of DK to have separate threads for software activation and tutorials, tips and procedures for the software here I thought it a good idea to start this dedicated thread for calterm tutorials, tips and procedures. Let's use this thread to help each other use Calterm safely and for software activation lets use the original Cummins calterm thread started by Makura. Please to those helping with activation codes please insist that people ask for these in the Cummins Calterm thread and not this one cause software activation seems to make the threads rather too long.
Hope this helps those trying to work with Calterm.

Donniemnemonic:beer:

jctech
12th May, 2011, 11:00 AM
Can all people asking how to upload and download calibrations and how to find and edit parameters please make sure they have read the manual, and used the help file.
The manual is part of the Calterm 3 install C\Caterm III\CaltermIII.chm.

donniemnemonic
14th May, 2011, 09:45 AM
Can all people asking how to upload and download calibrations and how to find and edit parameters please make sure they have read the manual, and used the help file.
The manual is part of the Calterm 3 install C\Caterm III\CaltermIII.chm.

Hi Jctech.
I think you have limited this thread with your above request cause I have found the manual does not give very detailed step by step instructions on the how tos of the program and at times it refers to menu buttons that I cannot seem to find in the calterm workspace.. And the program is all about uploading and downloading edited parameters to the ecms.. Let's not put limits to the thread and help each other get the most out the calterm thread.

donniemnemonic
14th May, 2011, 09:42 PM
hi all
Has any1 sucessfully managed to change the ecm running hours and ecm serial number on dataplate. Saw people attempt to do this in the cummins calterm thread but never got any feedback on their success or failures.

mondao
14th May, 2011, 11:08 PM
hi all
Has any1 sucessfully managed to change the ecm running hours and ecm serial number on dataplate. Saw people attempt to do this in the cummins calterm thread but never got any feedback on their success or failures.
I don't know how:)

donniemnemonic
15th May, 2011, 07:28 AM
lets hope someone who does shares how they did it and maybe then we may all be in the know.

BlakSmoke
17th May, 2011, 12:14 AM
Has anyone been successful with delete of EGR or DPF?

hercamp
17th May, 2011, 05:43 AM
same question ....in here..is like the dct pots ....egr and dpf is a bussinnes ...and a really hard work..I dont think that people that works .in modifications will ...give you that tricks ....because a lot of people try to sell tricks or tips or just make a bussinnes from that .is just like take some look around olx or mercado libre or ebay ....and see how many people sell that in good price.

is just my experience.I never do that.some people sucks and dont need the help of someone else.

BlakSmoke
17th May, 2011, 04:35 PM
Not looking to make a business out of it or wanting to sell anything.Have a fleet of 20 trucks with ISX in them,the EGR ,and EGR coolers have given me nothing but problems and Cummins has no answers except for put new parts on,so I was looking for a way to either delete them or at least bypass them electronically or mechanically just looking for some help or ideas,tired of giving Cummins money every 6 months.Any information is very much appreciated.Thanks

hercamp
18th May, 2011, 05:05 AM
oh...oki...maybe you can get some help here.........Diesel-Spec-Inc - reparation moteur diesel Montreal Quebec Canada - Diesel-Spec-Inc - reparation moteur diesel Montreal Quebec Canada (http://diesel-spec-inc.com/)

transinter
21st May, 2011, 08:57 PM
:call2:hello.'m new to calterm.
I would like to know about metafiles and where I can get
thanks for the help

donniemnemonic
22nd May, 2011, 08:09 AM
:call2:hello.'m new to calterm.
I would like to know about metafiles and where I can get
thanks for the help

Hi m8

Read thru the cummins calterm thread and you will find e2m and ecgf files there that work with calterm should be around post 17 or so.

donniemnemonic
22nd May, 2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry m8.
The files you require are not around post 17 of the cummins calterm thread but ratheron page 17 of that thread.
Hope that helps you m8.

Donniemnemonic

je69
7th July, 2011, 09:22 PM
hello dk friends, I been learning alot frrom you all boys apreciate,you are really helpfull, thanks digital kaos