PDA

View Full Version : New user issue - TM5400 CI+

pdw1975
12th May, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi

I am in Reading, Berkshire. I had a pro install of some 2nd hand kit. I have

Technomate 5400 CI+ USB connected to a 1.1m motorised dish

I had it installed so my Czech in-laws could watch some telly while they visited for a fortnight. Now they have gone home and I want to explore what the equipment can do.

The installer set the dish to 23.5 astra 1a/3d and was okay (lost some signal quality at night but I am told that is expected for that satellite).

I thought I had followed him okay and yesterday I managed to change the satelitte to 28.2 to see UK freesat channels, but now I can't get the receiver to look at any other satellites.

I can change the satellite in 'Satellite Setup' menu and then I go to 'Motorized Setting' menu. I think I then have to select 'Scan' but it shows message "Channels List Full". When I then select 'Exit' to return to tv it is always moving the dish back to 28.2

This bit confuses me as it is not a new satellite I am using - I just want to tell the dish which satellite to look at and then watch the channels we did before.

Do I need to delete stored channels? Does the box not remember that I have been on other satellites and already scanned channels?

Apologies for the basics questions. When I get this licked I'll be trying patches etc :)

Thanks,
Piers.

okal99
12th May, 2011, 06:35 PM
hi m8....just when u go to motorised settings press go to second option from button....your satelite will move there a when you press exit will save everythink...also on your controler there is button sat on right side press him you will see all your already scan satelites.press which one u like and should move there......

pdw1975
12th May, 2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks. 'Sat' button. Can't believe that isn't in the manual. Thanks again.