PDA

View Full Version : openbox s10

wayneandnicola
12th May, 2011, 06:57 PM
newbie--- for the open box s10 would i only need a internet conection and sky dish and the of course i would have to do a cs

skegsagypsy
12th May, 2011, 08:06 PM
Be careful bud no cs chat on the forum, but yes thats all you would need, that and a small amount of reading to get you going. Very easy to set up though I would highly recommend it for newbies to sat.

visco
15th May, 2011, 10:09 AM
Openbox s10 good basic cheap hd reciever but unfortunately its inherited the rebooting issue on uk chanells with the s9.Openbox need to address this issue,for the uk market or even better a uk developer to fill in the cracks in the firmware.regards

skegsagypsy
15th May, 2011, 10:17 AM
Ive had no reboot issues on my S9 !

binary
15th May, 2011, 10:27 AM
As they both use the same chipset i cant see that there is any difference in there operations and programs, having not seen the internal workings of the v10 i would assume that there is a difference which is shown by thier boxed weights the v9 is 2.2Kg and the v10 is 1.5Kg my guess is that this is shown by thier packaging i.e. box and packaging. This raises the question of why is the v10 dearer than the v9. Those who sell the v10 are on the gravy train i guess:hahaha::bebored:

sweto
15th May, 2011, 11:03 AM
in china less than 2 kg . means cheap postage.

binary
15th May, 2011, 03:52 PM
Internal post not exporting:hahaha::bebored:

southpaw
15th May, 2011, 03:57 PM
As they both use the same chipset i cant see that there is any difference in there operations and programs, having not seen the internal workings of the v10 i would assume that there is a difference which is shown by thier boxed weights the v9 is 2.2Kg and the v10 is 1.5Kg my guess is that this is shown by thier packaging i.e. box and packaging. This raises the question of why is the v10 dearer than the v9. Those who sell the v10 are on the gravy train i guess:hahaha::bebored:

not down to packaging mate , if you look here in post 11 , http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/openbox-s10-here-205565/ s10 sitting ontop of an s9 its about 50%smaller ,

visco
15th May, 2011, 06:44 PM
Ive had no reboot issues on my S9 !Ok my friend i understand what you say in your post,firstly is your reciever original or is it clone and lastly which firmware are you using.I ask this because s9 firmware maybe ok with original box.with no reboot issues on the chanells we all readily are aware of.regards pm me if you want.thanks:pcguru:

LLL777
19th May, 2011, 06:43 AM
What's the different between S9 & S10 for internal hardware?
Someone said S10 is cost down version;

> Power supply components reduce , i think for more cost down purpose?
> Reduce SCART connectors, Components output, etc..
> picture quality drops?

Can anyone post some internal photos here?

TQ

hooley
19th May, 2011, 09:58 AM
You're not asking for much, first post and all.

rmendigorin
4th April, 2012, 10:48 AM
hi
will be ist time owner of box. the one I have ordered should be latest. has component out plus s/pdif. I stricticly use hdmi. what I can not seem to find is the optium dsl modem speed to be used with this box. my provider here in Thailand use's ethernet in place of a smart card. any information would be greatful. I am a new member on this site

regards
ray:proud: