PDA

View Full Version : can this be done or not?

joe2feet
16th December, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hi guys

I do not have an internet connection at present as I am nearly through a six month phone contract which ends in early January 2009.

My question is this: is it possible to get a Dreambox 7020 si up and running properly, without an internet connection, by means of a local library computer and memory sticks? Or will the lack of a network connection mean that I will be unable to set up the dreambox?

Devilfish
16th December, 2008, 11:56 AM
To use it effectively you will need an internet connection.

You can get key updater plugins that need the internet connection to update the keys. Or if you want to join a cardsharing server you will need it connected to the internet. You can manually update the keys but again you will need to somehow get them from the internet.

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 07:03 PM
no internet.. no dreambox..

simple as mate.. dont waste your money on a dreambox if you have no broadband connection.. you will only get 10% of its posibilities..

joe2feet
17th December, 2008, 10:32 AM
Devilfish and Opsmonkey

Many thanks for your replies and your words of wisdom.

However, in early January 2009 I shall have an internet connection.
In the mean time, the fundemental point that I am trying to establish is this: is it possible with aid of memory sticks and/or flashcards to take keys etc from the internet ( local library connection) and run a dreambox?

Short said, to load up the memory stick/flashcard from any computer and plug in the memory stick/flashcard in my own computer the ftp the data into the Dreambox. My inexperienced impression is that the indirect medium of the memory stick/flashcard breaks the bond of being inside of a network.

Could you please tell me if this impression is right or wrong

opsmonkey
17th December, 2008, 05:58 PM
yes what you are saying you can technically do..

however most sites that used to have upto date keys no longer have as many channels have now moved over to unhacked encryption services..

the ammount of channels open wouldnt be worth your time.. you may need to update 3 times a day for a couple of services

i havent manually inputed keys for over a year..

the dreambox is used for clearing channels ina different way.. which im sure you know..

also you will find that sites of a dubious nature, ie hacking sites, will be firewalled from places like the library

joe2feet
18th December, 2008, 10:13 AM
To both of you, many thanks for your advice and guidance. I now know clearly what I am going to do.

On another point may I congratulate Digital Kaos on running a splendid site
I really enjoy the many and different forums