PDA

View Full Version : Snap on Ethos Software Updates?

davuk1972
13th May, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hi I have a Snapon Ethos on Software 8.2

Has anyone seen the update software available?

Or can it be updated, Latest software is about 11 something.

Dealer wants ?300 to update

Regards

Davuk

darrenhyland
13th May, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hi I have a Snapon Ethos on Software 8.2

Has anyone seen the update software available?

Or can it be updated, Latest software is about 11 something.

Dealer wants ?300 to update

Regards

Davuk
wouldnt take this post any further or we all will have a lawsuit on our hands......Snapon=massive corporate power=massive trouble when they come down on your ass.....thats why you dont see snapon clones or cracked software:afraid:

Wolfpack
14th May, 2011, 12:28 AM
Who would buy a Snap-on clone? The scanner i very limited in what it can do. I think why you don't see alot of snap-on is cause it's a sh*tty scantool

MYTO8
14th May, 2011, 12:50 PM
All the original purchases details are coded in to the cf card during initial setup. If someone posted there update snapon will know exactly who did it.
If you update it with a copy from someone else's it will lock up and will need to be returned for Reset, plus im sure they will want a explanation on how it happened.

smirnoff_rules
14th May, 2011, 12:57 PM
Who would buy a Snap-on clone? The scanner i very limited in what it can do. I think why you don't see alot of snap-on is cause it's a sh*tty scantool

there 11.5 v is very good m8 u would be surprised , injector codes . bsi setting they have moved on in the last year m8

rp1210a
17th May, 2011, 01:48 PM
"there 11.5 v is very good m8 u would be surprised , injector codes . bsi setting they have moved on in the last year m8 "

Is euro version currently 11.5? or 11.2? In the US its 11.2 and they flip flop between *.2 and *.4

"Who would buy a Snap-on clone? The scanner i very limited in what it can do. I think why you don't see alot of snap-on is cause it's a sh*tty scantool"

havent seen any clone hardware but there is cracked software out there. as smirnoff_rules says the coverage and capabilities have improved alot in the past few versions. At least it has in the US.

darrenhyland
17th May, 2011, 03:42 PM
European software is way more limited than US....they dont have half as much capabilities or manufacturers as US software.