PDA

View Full Version : Ross Freesat HD with foreign firmware no channels now! HELP

csjjpm
13th May, 2011, 09:59 PM
Hi,
hopefully someone will be able to help. I bought a Ross Freesat HD and when I plugged it in with the default 1.0.5 Ross firmware I got loads of UK FTA channels.
I have been reading some threads which said there were TelSky and Telestar firmware which fixed some bugs. I tried both but only the Telsky seemed to go on.
The channel search seems alot slower than before and I don't seem to be getting many channels.
The satellite seems to be 'Astra 1H/1L/1M' and it is doing 0-63???
Sorry I am new to satellite stuff so I may not be clear.
Thanks
Paul

cactikid
13th May, 2011, 11:28 PM
19.2 strange one that,i would have thought it should be 28.8,you said foreign firmware,thinking box may be made for different country and different sat,can you change what sat to scan?

csjjpm
14th May, 2011, 07:14 AM
Hi,
yes you can add transponders and antenna.

The box is definitely for the UK but when the German firmware was added it removed the UK 'Astra 2 B/C???' and a 'something BIRD' satellite which it was using for Freesat.

I've tried adding them manually and got some channels back now but nothing like before.

I am unable to flash it with the Ross UK firmware, I try and the display shows 'UPG' but then when it reboots it is still the German firmware.

I need to know what the settings are for the UK Freesat satellites/receivers and configure the box.
Thanks
Paul

csjjpm
14th May, 2011, 07:45 AM
I have looked at the transponder settings configured in the box and there is one that covers the Freesat stuff. I just need to know the low and high LNB frequencies for the Astra 2a/2b/2c and the Eurobird.

I have tried some rough settings and get loads of BBC channels now.

mdt
15th May, 2011, 01:21 AM
I just need to know the low and high LNB frequencies for the Astra 2a/2b/2c and the Eurobird.

you need to set the menu to .. low-band 9.75ghz and high-band 10.60ghz lnb power should be on and 22khz set to auto. let us know how you get on, regards mdt

csjjpm
16th May, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi MDT,
thanks for your reply. I did a load of research and I set it to 9760 - 11720. I got a lot of freesat channels but they were appended onto the end of all the German ones from the foreign firmware. Tjhey started at 2201 and went up from there. They werent orderd so it was a nightmare.
I contacted Ross support who have been brilliant and with help from someone on another thread I think I was unable to flash the Ross firmware because I changed the name of the orignal USB stick image file from 'miscBls.img'.
This evening I tried again with the file named originally and it WORKED!!! yippee.
Ross UK even mailed me a new test firmware image that isn't in the wild yet so I am going to try that now ;-)
I appreciate your time replying.
Thanks again
Paul