PDA

View Full Version : Advice on sat receiver

dann-E
16th December, 2008, 12:22 PM
hi, I'm new to sat tv, I have a humax HDR freesat, but would like to be more adventurous and get more channel, i'm going to buy a Penta 85 dish and a motor, but I haven't decided what sat receiver to use, your help would be appreciated

Pittsey
16th December, 2008, 01:28 PM
Not much choice at the moment.

There isn't much on Emu. DigiTv is about it. If you buy a Diablo Cam your choices of free channels double. If you want more you are going to need to investigate Linux receivers and card sharing.

dann-E
16th December, 2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply, I don't no a thing about Linux receivers or card sharing, so is it worth getting a motorized dish, I thought there was a load of FTA channels out there, do you connect a linux receiver up to your pc, as I say I don't know much about it.

.: JaCkPoT :.
16th December, 2008, 04:54 PM
buy a tm 5400 for simplicity it has a cam reader with a couple of card readers......
OR....
a dreambox 500s clone[make sure you dont put gemini on it] and cardshare

dann-E
16th December, 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm bidding now on ebay for a Technomate 5400, Its at ?44 at the moment three hours to go,

16th December, 2008, 05:31 PM
tell me how you get on.... dont go over ?85.. max 90....or there is no point.....

dann-E
16th December, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'll let you know, thanks for your help

dann-E
16th December, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi, well I didnt get that one, just a few mins to go and some sly pig sneaked
a bid in :bawling: whats the difference between the 5400 usb and 5400 super?

16th December, 2008, 09:13 PM
the super has usb ports at the back, and a slightly more sensitive tuner..i also allows you to record scrambled channels[channels you can watch]

Curious123
16th December, 2008, 10:08 PM
Not much choice at the moment.

There isn't much on Emu. DigiTv is about it. If you buy a Diablo Cam your choices of free channels double. If you want more you are going to need to investigate Linux receivers and card sharing.

Go for a dreambox m8, plenty of challenges to keep you busy even if you don't get any tv.lol

16th December, 2008, 11:29 PM
Go for a dreambox m8, plenty of challenges to keep you busy even if you don't get any tv.lol

But you will still receive the fta channels...well maybe not if you cant align dishes...
lol
Long live FTA...