PDA

View Full Version : Tacho universal 2008 locked-HELP

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi, everyone, i still newbie with this tacho V2008, i having a problem with my device now, its become ????sync????- is Chines slave sell it to me,initially is promise version July 2008, after received the part is Jan 2008,sigh! and no aftersales service and warranty... any one can help to unlock my device , i spend a lot of $$ ... now my tacho universal is become blank with Black strip..here is my picture showing. Very appreciate anyone can help me. Thanks

14th May, 2011, 10:30 AM
Hi, everyone, i still newbie with this tacho V2008, i having a problem with my device now, its become ????sync????- is Chines slave sell it to me,initially is promise version July 2008, after received the part is Jan 2008,sigh! and no aftersales service and warranty... any one can help to unlock my device , i spend a lot of $$ ... now my tacho universal is become blank with Black strip..here is my picture showing. Very appreciate anyone can help me. Thanks

Spent a lot of $$ ?? on what??

Use search function, a lot of posts about this problem

hcip
14th May, 2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe you need to buy a new one than to spent more $$ that you are talking? he he he

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe you need to buy a new one than to spent more $$ that you are talking? he he he

i check with other reseller in china, they said can be repair by this repair kits
link:Tacho Universal V2008.01 Update& Repair Kit Never Locking Again_Odometer Correction_Odometer Correction_Auto ECU Tools_auto scanners,obd2 auto scanners (http://sinosells.com/goods-701-Tacho+Universal+V200801+Update+Repair+Kit+Never+Lo cking+Again.html)

This repair kit can repair the following troubles:

1. Screen display: Diga update

2. Screen display: RESET

3 .No display after powered on

4. No vehicle list, screen display black strip

5. Frequently Halting

6. Screen display both the following:
update handheld?
???SYNC??? ?

7. The machine cannot read EEPROM

Package Included

1. Chip IC111 1pc

2. Chip IC112 1pc

3. Chip AT24C02 1pc

4. Chip PIC12F629 1pc

5. Chip 74HC541 1pc

6. Crystal oscillator 1pc

7. User manual CD 1pc

8. Removing tool 1pc

any one try this before?

d.zio
14th May, 2011, 02:36 PM
BUY ONLY THE CPU BOARD INSIDE......IF IT IS GREEN PCB I WILL SUGGEST YOU A CHINA COMPANY...TESTEDhttp://www.auto-diagnostic-tool.com/por.asp?fid=3&id=66

d.zio
14th May, 2011, 02:37 PM
THIS UPDATE KIT NEVER WORKED TO ME MATE......

z786
14th May, 2011, 03:03 PM
---------------------------

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 03:15 PM
BUY ONLY THE CPU BOARD INSIDE......IF IT IS GREEN PCB I WILL SUGGEST YOU A CHINA COMPANY...TESTEDhttp://www.auto-diagnostic-tool.com/por.asp?fid=3&id=66

hi, mate, ur link is broken
Wholesale TACHO CPU Board, TACHO CPU Board Suppliers,TACHO CPU Board Manufacturer (http://ufodiag.com/Mileage+Correction-china/Mileage+Correction-TACHO+CPU+Board-76/)
is this the board like :

d.zio
14th May, 2011, 03:30 PM
YOU HAVE TO CHECK FIRST YOUR CPU INSIDE...WHAT COLOR IS....BLUE GREEN OR RED.......

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 04:10 PM
YOU HAVE TO CHECK FIRST YOUR CPU INSIDE...WHAT COLOR IS....BLUE GREEN OR RED.......

hi, mate, i open up the casing, is Green colour board, with IC111 and IC 112, any Advise to me? thanks

d.zio
14th May, 2011, 04:39 PM
take a look at....
www.carsung.net (http://www.carsung.net)

and dont forget thanks button

roth18
14th May, 2011, 04:47 PM
Why are you bothering to help this guy, when he does even bother to say thanks to those who tried to help?

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 04:59 PM
Why are you bothering to help this guy, when he does even bother to say thanks to those who tried to help?

i also never receive any thanks for other newbie for those i asia country mate. It's that way . you not allow other guy to helping me?

d.zio
14th May, 2011, 05:11 PM
be more specific mate.....if i didnt want to help this guy i will havent answer to his questions.....so why dont you help him to give him a clea answer to his problem?????????????

roth18
14th May, 2011, 05:13 PM
i also never receive any thanks for other newbie for those i asia country mate. It's that way . you not allow other guy to helping me?

Common courtesy and common sense, it doesn't cost you anything to thank a member trying to help you and makes them happy and more eager to help. So it is kind of in your interest too and makes the overall forum better.

Here, try to flash the TU with this soft first through null modem cable (it should come with your TU). If this does not work flash 2 EN29F040A and ATMLH911 EEPROM (as 24c02) by red diode on main board. You can try to flash the EEPROM first and see if it works, it should.

jkschen
14th May, 2011, 05:40 PM
Common courtesy and common sense, it doesn't cost you anything to thank a member trying to help you and makes them happy and more eager to help. So it is kind of in your interest too and makes the overall forum better.

Here, try to flash the TU with this soft first through null modem cable (it should come with your TU). If this does not work flash 2 EN29F040A and ATMLH911 EEPROM (as 24c02) by red diode on main board. You can try to flash the EEPROM first and see if it works, it should.

yes, The Tu came with the null cable, i really thanks a lot of of your guy helping, will let your know how 's the result ... really thanks, forgive just a little newbie with TU. BTW, Thanks all of your.

jkschen
15th May, 2011, 09:09 AM

May I know what program should I use to flash the TU? Can you upload the procedure to flash TU?

hcip
15th May, 2011, 09:14 AM
You Can use the V-terminal Program to flash it(even in a virgin State)
Terminal program and flash image can be download in www.taskit.de (http://www.taskit.de)

hcip
15th May, 2011, 09:24 AM
I have no new instruction to repair TU, this instruction is very old but It might help you

jkschen
15th May, 2011, 10:01 AM
I have no new instruction to repair TU, this instruction is very old but It might help you

Thanks for helping. I will try and post the results.

spens
15th May, 2011, 10:18 AM
Reprogram this chips....and Tacho is OK

jkschen
15th May, 2011, 02:39 PM

Thanks for hcip mate, but my TU is Clone, isn't work for it or not? sorry for my too many question, because due to i still newbie with this Tacho v2008.

jkschen
15th May, 2011, 02:41 PM
Reprogram this chips....and Tacho is OK

Thank you spens. very thank you for your advise, but can u share with ,how u reprogram this chips, what program u using? Shall i dismantle the device?

spens
15th May, 2011, 03:08 PM
Use programer like LAB TOOL-48....ETC

jkschen
15th May, 2011, 03:34 PM

After i reflash the TU, which version it should be? thanks

wiseman
15th May, 2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for hcip mate, but my TU is Clone, isn't work for it or not? sorry for my too many question, because due to i still newbie with this Tacho v2008.

All Tu`s are a clone of Digi Consult.... And the update version does not matter they are all the same, chinese way of selling more Handhelds.....
A handheld new is like $150, absolute peanuts compared to original tools so i dont know where you got your handheld from but you aint gona be spending $$$ like you said..

jkschen
16th May, 2011, 02:30 AM
All Tu`s are a clone of Digi Consult.... And the update version does not matter they are all the same, chinese way of selling more Handhelds.....
A handheld new is like $150, absolute peanuts compared to original tools so i dont know where you got your handheld from but you aint gona be spending $$$ like you said..

Sigh, mate I was cheated by those chinese slave , I have used this Fxxx TU spoiled a two cluster , that why I said is I lost of$$, any good programmer recommend to me ?

hcip
16th May, 2011, 03:09 AM

Check if your TU Bios is activated and it can be communicated on Vterm

if your Tacho has a "TAGALOG" Language, the bios is activated and it can repair by Vterm without using any programmer

TU can programm itself using the Terminal program

jkschen
16th May, 2011, 04:10 PM
Check if your TU Bios is activated and it can be communicated on Vterm

if your Tacho has a "TAGALOG" Language, the bios is activated and it can repair by Vterm without using any programmer

TU can programm itself using the Terminal program

Thank you very much of hcip, but i having a problem with the V-term, now after reflash, what file should i send through Xmodem? Now the TU cannot power on anymore, and the TU cannot now read serial number since i run the vterm, Is confirm the the TU Board can Throw to dustbin..sigh! i following the instruction till last step, i type del ddd.ddd, Its not works any more.sorry to every one waste time to this idot question.

jkschen
18th May, 2011, 01:57 PM
At last , my tacho universal is Alive back today, especially thanks to hcip.. hcip is very helpful mate.... i solve the ???sync??? problem , and the efichip. black strip problem.... now the TU working as usual.

drpeter
18th May, 2011, 01:59 PM
At last , my tacho universal is Alive back today, especially thanks to hcip.. hcip is very helpful mate.... i solve the ???sync??? problem , and the efichip. black strip problem.... now the TU working as usual.

Not for long unfortunally :-)

jkschen
18th May, 2011, 02:13 PM
Not for long unfortunally :-)

i might use for another 50 car and it will lock again, i need to but now i have another good solution to solve ???sync?? problem.

drpeter
18th May, 2011, 04:44 PM
i might use for another 50 car and it will lock again, i need to but now i have another good solution to solve ???sync?? problem.

Not a this moment, you have to reprogram again.

diga1
18th May, 2011, 09:44 PM
in my taho i only reflash 24c02 with dump from an old ram card vich has 24c02 eprom on and it works for now.

motorsport
18th May, 2011, 10:31 PM
in my taho i only reflash 24c02 with dump from an old ram card vich has 24c02 eprom on and it works for now.
the better version is 12/2007 :hahaha::saint:

gijsvm
20th May, 2011, 07:34 AM
Thank you very much of hcip, but i having a problem with the V-term, now after reflash, what file should i send through Xmodem? Now the TU cannot power on anymore, and the TU cannot now read serial number since i run the vterm, Is confirm the the TU Board can Throw to dustbin..sigh! i following the instruction till last step, i type del ddd.ddd, Its not works any more.sorry to every one waste time to this idot question.

I have follow instruction also, but TU now only clicking by start up. Screen is empty...
Can someone tell me what file i have to send through Xmodem ?

hcip
22nd May, 2011, 10:01 AM

The file I send to you iwill lock after more than 150 uses, but if you unplug the TU after programming, instead of pressing ok, the counter will not count

jkschen
22nd May, 2011, 11:33 AM
The file I send to you iwill lock after more than 150 uses, but if you unplug the TU after programming, instead of pressing ok, the counter will not count

hi.mate, you meaning after i adjust the mileage ,don't press ok and unplug the TU instead pressing OK?

thanks for you sharing the information!

Thanks, thanks.

JandJSpeedShop
18th September, 2012, 05:10 PM
Okay trying to get a TU working to get me out of a JAM. I followed HCIPs pdf instructions and was able to backup the TU image file via the null modem cable and Vterm.

I was wondering do I flash back the exact same backup image I made?? The file is exact 1 MB. I did flash back the backup/stock image and see in the instructions once the flash is complete the digi will restart and come to the menu. I go to update handheld and it just says ...working... I was wondering how long it needs to work for and if I did the procedure correctly?

Thanks

JandJSpeedShop
18th September, 2012, 07:55 PM
My device I have has a green PCB

When powered up it says
Tacho 2008
Edition 2007
18.51:02

obdiidiag1986
17th October, 2012, 03:50 PM

Hi i tried connect the tacho universal with Null modem cable (rs232),but it could not communication with the manin unit ,the com port is no problem. so how do i fix it ?