PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Settings Help Needed

juleet
16th December, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hi
When my Technomate 5400+ was installed with motorised dish, the guy only set the system for 5 satellites.
I know they're the main ones, but can some kind soul please walk me through the process for putting my position in so that I pick up some others?

.: JaCkPoT :.
16th December, 2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/fine-tuning-your-satellite-dish-11239/
try that and get back in touch........

rixton
18th December, 2008, 05:24 PM
good afternoon mr juleet and wecome to the site, i had a similar prob set disc and usals check long+lat or where you are in the world with a tomtom or other sat nav and if required set long+lat accordingly with tm remote cotrol be very careful not to press the wrong button or all will be lost and you need reset all sats. not the end of the world but a pain, you may as sid suggested have to get ladder to check the vertical angle which also is calculated by the long+lat that is the setable angle of the moveing motor shaft + the setable angle of the dish = correct setting there are websites available with the coordinates. regards rixton.

benny/9
18th December, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hi
When my Technomate 5400+ was installed with motorised dish, the guy only set the system for 5 satellites.
I know they're the main ones, but can some kind soul please walk me through the process for putting my position in so that I pick up some others?
if your system uses the usuals motor settings
go into the receiver menu and go to satellite set up
and add the satellites you want on your list, save the changes
and then send the motor to them and scan the channels in

juleet
22nd December, 2008, 05:20 AM
As simple as that! Thank you all for your help, happy Christmas viewing to you all.
Going now to look at what I can receive on other satellites.

22nd December, 2008, 08:35 PM
what was the actual solution????

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2008, 09:12 PM
i reckon benny's was the solution.. he's a god around sat downloads

portbhoy
22nd December, 2008, 09:13 PM
Yes he is, hi Benny ;)

RICHARD SNELLER 53
5th January, 2009, 12:44 AM
set your lat to 51.5n long 0000w if you carnt get it right take it up in stages ie 52.0 n 0001w after each setting press ok till you get yellow and blue bars at the bottom to maximum then save settings all are in usals ie diseqc motor 1.2 off usals hope it helps you out

5th January, 2009, 11:21 AM
set your lat to 51.5n long 0000w if you carnt get it right take it up in stages ie 52.0 n 0001w after each setting press ok till you get yellow and blue bars at the bottom to maximum then save settings all are in usals ie diseqc motor 1.2 off usals hope it helps you out
thats the technique described in my guide which is linked in my first post..

RICHARD SNELLER 53
30th January, 2009, 01:52 PM
sorry sadiq999uk but i never read your post on sat setting to juleet i do appologise for that mate:elefant: