PDA

View Full Version : PlayTV for PS3

johnnycool
22nd April, 2008, 10:07 PM
PlayTV for PS3 this summer, more info here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/ps3_takes_on_slingbox_and_wins.html

davidharvey75
22nd April, 2008, 11:27 PM
Heres a video of it in all it's glory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LShJJbNJfXw&feature=related

At the weekend Amazon were selling it for ?69.99 but it seems to have vanished again.

But i think it looks cool as.

lorrebreaker
23rd April, 2008, 09:55 AM
Pretty impressive , pity it only does freeview but looks interesting.

monkeyboybing
8th June, 2008, 11:05 AM
this looks awesome but i'm trying to work out pc stream and record as someone mentioned the ps already has everything you need built in!

davidharvey75
9th June, 2008, 09:09 AM
Not heard of that one but if you find out anymore about it please keep me posted!!

violentj
24th June, 2008, 10:21 PM
i dont understand sony with this,why would anybody pay 70 for a glorified freeview box

i like the idea in theory but it could be done so much cheaper,sony obviously hasnt learned any lessons from the original pricing of the ps3

pacman362
30th June, 2008, 02:44 PM
i dont understand sony with this,why would anybody pay 70 for a glorified freeview box

i like the idea in theory but it could be done so much cheaper,sony obviously hasnt learned any lessons from the original pricing of the ps3

I would have to agree with that as you can buy a freeview pvr for less then ?70.00 now.

C64
30th June, 2008, 07:28 PM
Waste of cash in my opinion. It would be much better if the tv came over the LAN without the need of any external box.

HUPextreme
20th July, 2008, 06:38 PM
it has a release date now, september 10th for a uk debut. no word on the price yet tho.

randomuser83
28th July, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thats really cool. Im glad to see the console makers still trying to expand the limitiations of the console.

Sig-gotyouth
5th August, 2008, 12:31 PM
I was really excited for this but purely for the epg and recording function cause it seems that remote play via th net isnt great and the responsivity going through the xmb has some delay... streamings fine but going through menus quikly and setting stuff up can be a bit of a struggle...

so if it uses the same kinda inferstructure Im prolly gonna leave it rather then it being a 1st day purchase which at one time it was.

violentj
14th August, 2008, 10:34 PM
lol and now they have removed what was probably the best feature by taking away the ability to transfer what you recorded anyware

spectra
18th August, 2008, 06:03 PM
The problem with play tv is that you cant move what you have recorded on the hardrive to a usb stick or pc!!!! Pointless.

lorrebreaker
28th August, 2008, 04:23 PM
?59.99 it seems
Amazon.co.uk: Play TV (PS3) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Play-TV-PS3/dp/B0017UV0UG)

teammofo
8th December, 2008, 10:35 PM
I may not want to record at times, so a reminder function would be ideal.

Shammy525
10th December, 2008, 02:47 PM
The problem with play tv is that you cant move what you have recorded on the hardrive to a usb stick or pc!!!! Pointless.

Actually, you can!

Play TV is pretty good! It records everything in an MPEG format saved on the hard drive in Play TV. You can then transfer it from Play TV to the XMB, then you can put it onto USB or whatever from there.

philsofick
5th January, 2009, 07:21 PM
yeah u can transport ur recordings, they just don't say it cos its kinda promoting piracy, if you know what i mean, cos my bro got it for his son's ps3, in his room..

But i don't personally see myself getting one cos i can do that with V+ already, lol, but it sure is a neat lil box though.