PDA

View Full Version : the different versons of pli images

mario123
15th May, 2011, 09:46 PM
i am looking to change back to pli image was thinking og using a maxvar type.

my first question is is normal pli maxvar better than openpli maxvar image? wat is the difference with pli and openpli? and which is better?

also whats the difference with like the number of jade. like Jade2 Enigma1 and Jade Final Enigma1?

owenb
15th May, 2011, 09:58 PM
i use open pli mate been rock solid for me would never use another image ihave 7 day epg on most sats and all the plugins and cams i can use, jade 1 and 2 refers to the enigma version it was made for ie dm500 is enigma 1 dm800 is enigma 2

dave-h
15th May, 2011, 10:49 PM
jade 1 and 2 refers to the enigma version it was made for ie dm500 is enigma 1 dm800 is enigma 2

Not quite mate. The number refers to the edition/revision of Jade, not the Enigma version.

They're are versions Jade final, 2 and 3 etc for both enigma 1 and 2.

dave-h
15th May, 2011, 10:59 PM
my first question is is normal pli maxvar better than openpli maxvar image? wat is the difference with pli and openpli? and which is better?

PLi jade images are old/no longer developed, whereas OpenPli images are current, and new images are released (almost) nightly

mario123
16th May, 2011, 12:36 AM
PLi jade images are old/no longer developed, whereas OpenPli images are current, and new images are released (almost) nightly

so does that mean the openpli maxvar one would be the best and most stable ?
if they release a new one every night how do i know i get one without bugs?

dave-h
16th May, 2011, 12:54 AM
so does that mean the openpli maxvar one would be the best and most stable ? I've used both PLi Jade and OpenPli and they're both stable, tbh. Though i prefer/use OpenPli.

if they release a new one every night how do i know i get one without bugs?There's a status indicator on the PLi homepage>>> PLi? Images website (http://www.pli-images.org/) (left handside, halfway down page) just check that before d/loading

MrFug
16th May, 2011, 12:55 AM
OpenPli for DM500S is still in beta so technically unstable, although they work just fine. The maxvar version is a slimmed down version that maximises free space in var. Personally, I prefer non-maxvar.

mtv1
16th May, 2011, 12:56 AM
i'm using the one on my siggy for over a year no problems as yet :)

gsmtech
16th May, 2011, 11:23 AM
MaxVar is better for DM500 these recievers have limited storage space and run slow if you have bloated images.
MaxVar has all the unneccesary ruubbush removed like games etc, so it's compact and runs fast.
It still has the built in downlaod server you you can pick and choose which add-ons you actually need.
For most people all they need is the maxvar image and a softcam from the download server.
No need for any of the extra bloatware.

mario123
16th May, 2011, 06:43 PM
I've used both PLi Jade and OpenPli and they're both stable, tbh. Though i prefer/use OpenPli.

There's a status indicator on the PLi homepage>>> PLi? Images website (http://www.pli-images.org/) (left handside, halfway down page) just check that before d/loading

ok nps i think i use one of the maxvar ones.

is there any other difference with the open pli over the jade expect the get updated every night?

can i still use the x-line skin to check the ecm times on open pli?

dave-h
16th May, 2011, 08:33 PM
ok nps i think i use one of the maxvar ones.

is there any other difference with the open pli over the jade expect the get updated every night?

Other than a different boot screen, can't say i've noticed.

can i still use the x-line skin to check the ecm times on open pli?

Yep.