PDA

View Full Version : hdmi on openbox s9

calhib
16th May, 2011, 11:15 AM
at the weekend i took my openbox s9 downstairs and used the rca cables to connect it to the tv today i have come to put it back upstairs using a hdmi cable and i cannot get anything to come on screen i have tried the v.format key on the remote to scan through the setting but nothing is showing i have got it to work using a scart lead but i want to use it with hdmi any help would be greatly appreciated thanks calhib

p.s i have use 2 hdmi cable so i no that it is noot that that is the problem

hooley
16th May, 2011, 11:29 AM
Go into menu and then tv settings and toggle around there, I can't remember exactly at moment. It's in there anyways.

calhib
16th May, 2011, 12:07 PM
tried all settings still not getting no were with it it cant be a faulty hdmi port can it only had it since thursday

kevhky
16th May, 2011, 12:59 PM
tried all settings still not getting no were with it it cant be a faulty hdmi port can it only had it since thursday

Definately a settings prob, if needed do a full re flash it's maybe a bad flash

Kev

royboyz
16th May, 2011, 01:13 PM
Check your on right TV HDMI port

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

calhib
16th May, 2011, 04:15 PM
ye on the right hdmi port tried both on my tv cant need a reflash coz it worked prior to being used on a different tv using the rca cable

calhib
16th May, 2011, 04:22 PM
chherz for the help lads got it to work now

bernado
16th May, 2011, 04:38 PM
So what does the display on S9 say, when you cycle through the video outputs via the V.Format remote button? If it's working correctly, the display should toggle through all the available resolutions. If it's only going up to 576, then maybe that's your problem and your HDMI input doesn't support that low a res - you then need to set the video out to YUV in the TV System menu.
A bit unlikely though, as that's not a setting that's likely to have changed without you knowing about it.

Edit: I see we cross posted and it's sorted now. Dare I ask what it was?

calhib
16th May, 2011, 04:51 PM
dunno what it was but unplugged both box and tv from the mains and plugged back in and it worked straight away so not really sure what was up with it