PDA

View Full Version : Convert openbox s9 .dvr recordings to DVD

citygent1911
18th May, 2011, 09:48 AM
Been searching this subject for a few days, and there seems to be some confusion about the type of .dvr file that the openbox produces, and subsequently how best to convert them so you can burn them to dvd.

After downloading a ton of freeware/shareware, I think I've found the answer and it was right under my nose the whole time!

There's freeware available on most forums called "DVR Converter" - very simple to use so not even going to waste finger time explaining it.

The resulting .TS file can then be run through ConvertXtoDVD which I think most people have, and if you haven't then Google is your friend ;)

I tried this with a 5 minute HD test recording, and it converted to DVD just fine.

The only issue I have is that ConvertXtoDVD is taking absoultely AGES to convert a full movie. I started this one at 8:22am, and it's only on chapter 5 at 9.43am.

I know this will be down to the frame rate & so on, with the source file being an 8Gb HD movie, so I'm wondering if anyone knows ConvertXtoDVD better than I do, and knows how to speed up the conversion process? I know the resulting file quality will be reduced, but it's only going to be watched on a normal DVD player so HD isn't important.

Hope all this makes sense!

Can anyone help?

Cheers - CG

citygent1911
19th May, 2011, 06:59 PM
So - I figured it out....

I used DVR Converter to convert to .TS,

Use ConvertXtoDVD to conver the TS to dvd files (Audio_TS and Video_TS) then run those files through DVD Shrink with output to an ISO, then burn it with IMGBurn.

Not TOO Complicated, but decent DVD quality anyway.

GOT TO BE AN EASIER WAY!!!!!