PDA

View Full Version : mcgeady v strachan

davieboy.rfc
16th December, 2008, 09:55 PM
:cheers:mcgeady has been fined 2 weeks wages & told he wont be playin first team football for 2 weeks ie missin the gers match after what happened 2 riordan ,aidan mcgeady should hav been advised 2 keep his mouth shu,t & not have a go at the manager, lets see if he is still at celtic by the end of the window.

lfc4life
16th December, 2008, 09:58 PM
He should leave and go too a club that will treat him better! Cause celtic haven't got a clue :unionflag:

chunder
17th December, 2008, 02:50 PM
He should leave and go too a club that will treat him better! Cause celtic haven't got a clue :unionflag:

That is a rather sweeping statement, lfc. I would be interested to know just how you have reached that conclusion and in what context you make such abold assertion. As far as it goes, Strachan - like every other manager - cannot allow his authority to be undermined. Shankly would never have let that happen. Nor Clough, and definitely not Ferguson. And I fancy Walter Smith would not put up with it either or Martin O'Neill. If McGeady had an issue with Strachan he should have sought to speak with him in private as opposed to telling him in the dressing room that he was an a***hole. The issue is that McGeady did not agree Strachan's tactical decision to have him play wide and stretch the Hearts defence.

IN much the same way that Keane was out of order in his debacle at Taipan, McGeady is another example of overpaid tossers getting ahead of themselves. In any other work environment his behaviour would result in dismissal for gross misconduct. I trust the same will happen at Parkhead.

lfc4life
17th December, 2008, 07:45 PM
well its a players right to be able too question his manager if he feels its not right! Then its upto the manager to explain why he is right!!!! You understand?lol

chunder
17th December, 2008, 10:23 PM
well its a players right to be able too question his manager if he feels its not right! Then its upto the manager to explain why he is right!!!! You understand?lol

Ah yes. You are, of course, referring to the Graham Souness textbook on football/ man management. Like the man says, there's a time and a place for everything and calling your gaffer an a***hole should not be done - if at all - outside of a private discussion. Assuming you have a job, why not try it tomorrow with your gaffer, eh? I guarantee your arse will be out the door quicker than Benitez asking for a raise.

So, what about the invitation to elaborate on your view that Celtic "haven't got a clue" ?

Love your innovative use of the smilies, btw.

Knockoff_Nigel
18th December, 2008, 06:08 PM
That is a rather sweeping statement, lfc. I would be interested to know just how you have reached that conclusion and in what context you make such abold assertion. As far as it goes, Strachan - like every other manager - cannot allow his authority to be undermined. Shankly would never have let that happen. Nor Clough, and definitely not Ferguson. And I fancy Walter Smith would not put up with it either or Martin O'Neill. If McGeady had an issue with Strachan he should have sought to speak with him in private as opposed to telling him in the dressing room that he was an a***hole. The issue is that McGeady did not agree Strachan's tactical decision to have him play wide and stretch the Hearts defence.

IN much the same way that Keane was out of order in his debacle at Taipan, McGeady is another example of overpaid tossers getting ahead of themselves. In any other work environment his behaviour would result in dismissal for gross misconduct. I trust the same will happen at Parkhead.
So Celtic will sack McGready for Gross Misconduct and watch as ?25million worth of talent walks away.

Knockoff_Nigel
18th December, 2008, 06:09 PM
Ooops I missed the decimal point in ?25 million

lfc4life
18th December, 2008, 07:36 PM
me thinks there will dump him in the reserves till he says sorry!

chunder
19th December, 2008, 01:07 PM
More likely that he will go in the January window. Win-win that way. McGeady gets away, Celtic get a few quid.

lfc4life
19th December, 2008, 07:23 PM
But who will take a player that lacks respect for there manager?

chunder
20th December, 2008, 01:46 AM
Why don't you have a word with Rafa; from what you say it seems like being a team p[layer is not high on the list of LFC priorities.

lfc4life
20th December, 2008, 03:14 PM
Why don't you have a word with Rafa; from what you say it seems like being a team p[layer is not high on the list of LFC priorities.

this is true! om happy we are top of the league. Bit he is going to come unstuck! if he keeps meddling :shot:

ootmaroad
22nd December, 2008, 05:33 AM
wee huffybaws....Greedy McGeady... can fek off....

.. if it wasn't for Strachan he would not have won, player of the year last year... okay he is a good player, has a lot of potential, but he aint no superstar...

...wee Mizuno took mcgeady's place with ease today and looks to be as good as Mcgeady on his day.... or even much better..

you cannot call your manager an arsehole in front of the full squad unless you believe in your little mind that you are in such a needed position to do so... the manager would have lost all respect from the other players....who may think they can call him an arsehole too .... the board backed Strachan after wee moody baws complained to the highest..... the board knew if they never backed Strachan then the wee man would have been quick enough to stick the job up their arse.... Strachan would break the patience of a saint with his stubborness but i'd rather have him at the steering wheel, than greedy mcgeady on the wing....

He's lucky, other managers would have just hit him a few slaps in front of the whole team and left him to make a quiet exit.....

no player is bigger than any club...... well except for Fergusson at Rangers... although it makes you wonder where Rangers would be today if PLG had been given a few years... don't get me wrong wee BF is a true captain at rangers.. but he too aint no Ronaldo....

PS Maloney and McGeady are decent players but they are not the best players at Celtic...
Always looking forward to Brown v Fergusson..

ootmaroad
22nd December, 2008, 05:55 AM

you havent a clue yafudd..

:scarf2:

gazz
22nd December, 2008, 07:00 AM

forget about gree n' blue its f'ball

ootmaroad
23rd December, 2008, 01:31 AM
forget about gree n' blue its f'ball

:congrats:

we do love to hate each other...... thats what makes it the best derby on the planet..

Merry Christmas All..

:rangers::celticscarf:

pol08
26th December, 2008, 04:17 PM
this is true! om happy we are top of the league. Bit he is going to come unstuck! if he keeps meddling :shot:

How Liverpool are top of the league is absolutely beyond me....and as for Benitez he couldn't manage a gang-bang in a diddy parlour :laugh:

lfc4life
26th December, 2008, 10:07 PM
well it has been a long time in coming you idiot! we have more heart and determination in our team then the other three put together :wink:

Thats something the old firm should learn then maybe? IT would be good for them in europe. To have a never say die attitude :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

pol08
27th December, 2008, 01:04 PM
I 100% agree that the current Liverpool team play with more heart and determination than most...but i am disputing the shortage of genuine talent in the side. Take away Gerrard, Torres and Carragher and the rest of them wouldn't win a kick-about in the Phoenix Park :playingball:.

You said yourself previously that Benitez's meddling will cost them in the end

Will he stop meddling ?

No

Why ?

Because he's a tool.

lfc4life
27th December, 2008, 10:37 PM
and you are right! if you said to him champs league or premiership? he would say chaos league every time :D