PDA

View Full Version : PEUGEOT 307 HDi 2001 mileage help urgent

super jumbe
20th May, 2011, 09:52 PM
You need to do the BSI only no need to do the clocks.

I have been reading that Peugeot 307 we only have to do BSI Module to do mileage, but my friend replaced a new dash on a 307 HDi 2001 because the cover was broken, the old mileage on dash reading was 112000 miles and he replaced a new clock with the mileage 206000 miles and now the mileage has changed to 206000 miles, we tried to replace the old dash but the reading still showing 206000 miles, I want to know do I have to do BSI & Dash to solve this car?
Thanks for your time,

tachonow
20th May, 2011, 10:13 PM
If you have bsi with 912 van comunication you can do only bsi but you must power dash on bench for reset to zero.

super jumbe
20th May, 2011, 10:31 PM
912 van communication confused, so what?s all this about 8 pin chip 95160.
Any pic connections on 912 please.

vageric
20th May, 2011, 10:43 PM
307 2001 have no chip 95160 in bsi.
its 912 like tachonow said.

super jumbe
20th May, 2011, 11:01 PM
Could I have soldering picture points on BSI please?

z786
21st May, 2011, 12:04 AM
here u go mate

honingkoning
21st May, 2011, 02:09 AM
If you have bsi with 912 van comunication you can do only bsi but you must power dash on bench for reset to zero.

Mate this is new for me is this for al 307 dashes?
And do you have pinout to power up the dash, last week i did a 307 dash and bsi it could save me 20 min work by powering the dash up.

Regards Honingkoning.

super jumbe
21st May, 2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks to all your help mates now BSI sorted now the dash mileage do I put to zero and BSI mileage as required or do I make BSI 60.000 ml and dash 60.000 please I need no know this as well, thanks for your time.

vageric
21st May, 2011, 10:32 AM
you dont have to do dash.
just put bsi in car and dash wil take mileage over from bsi.

super jumbe
21st May, 2011, 12:42 PM
Vageric I am confused,

If you read my 1st paragraph the problem occurred when my friend changed the dash from a new car and mileage instead of remaining the same on BSI it changed to a higher mileage.
So if I changed the mileage again in BSI and live the dash with higher mileage obviously the mileage will not change to the lower reading because it did not change to lower mileage before, I am going to try again this afternoon but I am still confused mate. Thanks anyway.

mastaflex
21st May, 2011, 12:51 PM
so put same value on two sides

looly
21st May, 2011, 12:52 PM
Vageric I am confused,

If you read my 1st paragraph the problem occurred when my friend changed the dash from a new car and mileage instead of remaining the same on BSI it changed to a higher mileage.
So if I changed the mileage again in BSI and live the dash with higher mileage obviously the mileage will not change to the lower reading because it did not change to lower mileage before, I am going to try again this afternoon but I am still confused mate. Thanks anyway.

You are correct. The higher reading will be displayed so zero the BSI and put the required mileage in the dash - the BSI will then aquire the higher value.

honingkoning
21st May, 2011, 06:00 PM
Vageric I am confused,

Mate what kind of tool do you use, i think thats also importand to know.

diga1
21st May, 2011, 06:14 PM
mate if the cluster is from car y2001 he will pick up any walue that is in bsi no matter if value in cluster is higher, but if cluster is from 2003 that has nec mcu inside then it has to be done seperatly . but as you said he picked higher value so i assume cluster is from yunger car and it has to be done.

batandball
21st May, 2011, 06:29 PM
with 9s12 bsi you should still do both. reason being is if the battery is ever disconected the true miles will show.
BATANDBALL

diga1
21st May, 2011, 06:53 PM
with 9s12 bsi you should still do both. reason being is if the battery is ever disconected the true miles will show.
BATANDBALL

mate first think before you say anything.:D
i it was so then all people wuld be disconecting batteries when purchasing peugeot