PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S10 HD PVR firmware/clone/help

J0ke
21st May, 2011, 08:09 AM
Recently I bought openbox... but it all ended up bad :D

It goes into boot loop every morning when I try to switch it on...

Tried to find the latest firmware but without luck.

+ also tried to find the genuine manufacturer... it seems there are many factories in china that manufacture openbox s10... and all of them claim to be genuine... when asked about firmware they gave me the one dated 25 march. (so that's without clone bomb)
That leads me to think that they are clone factory :D

My openbox has the same march firmware and it just shows 4 chars of CCID: a583

Go figure... are the CCID's the same as S9?

moulee2009
21st May, 2011, 09:39 AM
Is the boot loop because its on a dodgy sly channel ? If so just remove the lnb feed and reboot the box then change channel and reconnect the lead . If it fixes it delete the problem channel

If its not sorry i cannot help any further

J0ke
21st May, 2011, 12:06 PM
It happened on several sly channels and even on vintage tv...

So it's not like they are typical problem channels... sly news or sports... I don't watch them...

But heck I want to keep all HD channels...

Does anyone has the list of bad channels?

Or latest firmware for s10 (newer than 23-03-2011)...

hooley
21st May, 2011, 12:39 PM
Plug out the sat cable and turn it on. Then load one of the channel lists from here. They should have all the problem channels removed. I use w4ynes channel list and it works perfect, granted I moved a few round to suit myself but there is no problem channels .There is also channels by dumbo. When you have these loaded plug the sat cable back in and reboot

SG8
21st May, 2011, 11:20 PM
Plug out the sat cable and turn it on. Then load one of the channel lists from here. They should have all the problem channels removed. I use w4ynes channel list and it works perfect, granted I moved a few round to suit myself but there is no problem channels .There is also channels by dumbo. When you have these loaded plug the sat cable back in and reboot

When are you UPloading yours ??!! Might suit me perfectly!!

:D

J0ke
22nd May, 2011, 04:04 AM
after installing firmware I found here... dated CHDS2-11-05-05:08BCCMT
the configuration menu changed to left side (s9 style???)

and I could get more info about CCID which is now showing: a583:EA46

After getting that info I tried booting it 12 times... and all seemed ok.

Anyway because it looked like s9 I reverted back to original firmware that was CHDS2-11-03-25:00EBCM...

Installed the latest channel list... will see in 3hrs if the box boots up normally or not... If it's not then I'm done with openbox... I'm better off with dm800s clone :D

UPD: 7:50am... looks like my wife watched Sly scify-horror and the box froze... this is second time that happened... I'm getting sick of it :D So no boot loop this morning just a frozen box :>

hooley
22nd May, 2011, 09:17 AM
There is no need to update the firmware, there has been very little if any improvements lately. Go back to the firmware you were on and follow the instructions I gave you and you should be fine. Unless an improved epg comes out there is no real need to upgrade

J0ke
22nd May, 2011, 08:12 PM
today I switched the box off... !!! with factory firmware and glitch free channel list... !!!

and it still couldn't boot properly when I came back home after 3hrs or so...

disconnected lnb cable and everything is ok... seems that's not a channel list related at all...

moulee2009
22nd May, 2011, 08:16 PM
If it boots normally when the lnb is disconnected then i would say it is a channel related problem

J0ke
22nd May, 2011, 08:27 PM
even with so called glitch free channel list? :D you must be kidding :)

moulee2009
22nd May, 2011, 08:32 PM
No mate , just try deleting the chaneel which you are stuck in the reboot loop

J0ke
22nd May, 2011, 09:16 PM
they are completely random... some freesat SD chans and some sly HD chans (not news or sports...) scify, premium...

if that continues like that I will end up with no chans to watch :D

EDIT:
+ it's not the reboot loop! its boot loop! two different things...

reboot loops can be fixed with removing few channels that caused problems
boot loop (like it happens when turning box on in the morning) can't find a cure for it :>

moulee2009
22nd May, 2011, 10:02 PM
Can you explain a little more please mate . What is a boot loop ?

J0ke
22nd May, 2011, 10:17 PM
Imagine an openbox with glitch free channel list... at evening you switch it off on completely random channel... and in the morning It doesn't boot up anymore... just goes in boot forever loop :D

reboot loop happens on glitchy channels while switching to the said chan (disconnected lnb and the box reverted to previous channel before glitchy one)

boot loops - go figure... you watch all these channels without a problem and in the morning the box is dead (in sense) :D
disconnected lnb cable, switched on and it comes back on the same channel it was before... after connecting lnb cable back everything is ok... when I leave box switched off for some time (like today 3hrs or so...) it "dies" again :D

hope that all makes some sense :DDD

hooley
22nd May, 2011, 11:33 PM
Tell your supplier you are having these problems and see what he says. Is it an s9 or s10 you have? What is it called exactly

J0ke
23rd May, 2011, 07:57 AM
openbox s10 hd pvr

now waiting for the sellers answer...

satsedhu
13th August, 2011, 03:50 PM
I imported one openbox s-10 receiver from China,and it is working very well and no problem at all.