PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs advice please

jilly
17th December, 2008, 01:32 AM
hi i have dreambox 500s clone and it is not detecting ip tried reflashing box with gemini 4.2 but still not detecting ip any advice would be much appreciated thanks

AlexNZ
17th December, 2008, 03:25 AM
Flash your DM500s to other Images soon gemini kill the clones making them useless, hope yours still a live

opsmonkey
17th December, 2008, 03:59 AM
4.2 is fine for clones.. dont scare monger

are you using dream up with null modem cable..?

jilly
17th December, 2008, 07:48 PM
i have used dreamup and null modem to flash the box i get fta channels but will not recognise the ip to update the keys his was working before i have had the box 4 months

westkill
17th December, 2008, 08:00 PM
double check your ip setting from your pc and dreambox , check somethings not missing
what ftp you using

jilly
17th December, 2008, 08:43 PM
using dcc and eveything was ok before

westkill
17th December, 2008, 09:11 PM
does the ethernet port sort of light up when you attach the cable :)

alunfennell
17th December, 2008, 09:52 PM
Important message Gemini Team (clone dreambox)
With the release of the GP 4.3, we have added a feature to the Blue panel to detect fake Dreambox clones. We want to show our protest against clones and replicas of Dreamboxes. It cannot be in our interest, to allow the fake boxes to hard the big dreambox community and in fact our beloved hobby.
Like some of you should know, some weeks ago a new box came to the market. It?s sold as a completely new development.
But if you check that box exactly, you will soon find out that not only the same images, software and drivers were used, but also the nearly identical hardware, such as for example in the Dreambox DM500. According to some owners of this new box, it is being shipped and sold with a preinstalled Gemini Image, which is not in our interest. Even in the manufacturers forum, Gemini images where posted with a warning ?runs only on Box XYZ?.

We as a Dreambox board and Developer of the Gemini Images can?t tolerate this trend. It is not in our interest that our know-how, our knowledge of the Dreamboxes, and our time is used by a third party manufactorer to sell his copies with our software

In fact, the truth is that these manufactorers are themselves not able to provide a self developed image for their receivers.

The Blue Panel server is operated, managed and financed by private funds. Also the support we offer for the Gemini images and the genuine Dreamboxes is exploited by the fake clone developers and owners.

We can not prevent these people from using the Gemini images, but what we can do is making it as hard as possible for these people to gain money with our work. Therefore, we implemented in the images that are also running on the boxes described above a lock for the BluePanel server. The detection mechanism, whether it is a replica or a Dreambox, has been activated in the current DM500 release. Other Box types will follow. If a box is identified as a non-genuine clone of a Dreambox, the access to the BluePanel is locked.
Since this method of detection is still very new, it could unfortunately occur that even genuine boxes are identified as fakes and as a consequence the BluePanel would be locked also on original Dreamboxes. In the meantime, there are some known problems where repaired boxes can?t by recognized as genuine due to the replaced hardware parts. We will do everything the reduce the number of false identifications but nevertheless we cannot decrease the error rate to zero, as the necessary data from DMM is not available. If your Box is falsely identified as a fake box, please understand that we do this in order to maintain the Dreambox community.

We ask all users of our images to do everything possible to ensure that our hobby can live on and we will fight together against such unfair methods. We as developers want our Gemini images only to run on Dreamboxes...

jilly
17th December, 2008, 10:07 PM
as soon as the ethernet cable is attached two lights come on one stays solid and one blinks

Curious123
17th December, 2008, 11:33 PM
as soon as the ethernet cable is attached two lights come on one stays solid and one blinks

That means your network port is working correctly. Is your router set to issue ip addresses and is your dreambox set to dhcp or static ip. To check do menu > setup > system settings > network

jilly
17th December, 2008, 11:48 PM
my router is set to a static ip for the dreambox have also tried the dhcp with the box ticked and also unticked the dreambox would not go to standby via the remote for some strange reason, so i pulled the power cord from the dreambox and thats when my problems started

opsmonkey
17th December, 2008, 11:55 PM
when you open up dcc does it not tell you on the configuration what your db ip is..?

should have pc ip and db ip and even router ip if you connect via router

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 12:00 AM
my router is set to a static ip for the dreambox have also tried the dhcp with the box ticked and also unticked any othe issues i can try

If you have set a static ip address in the router for your dreambox than I assume that you have set the same ip address in the network config for your dreambox? If you ping your dreambox do you get a reply?

opsmonkey
18th December, 2008, 12:09 AM
i never had to set a static ip to my db from my router.. i just plugged it it..
netgear auto identified, just like when connecting wireless equip..

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 12:20 AM
I have a dm600C, a dm600s, two desktops and about three laptops plus one more laptop when eldest son is home from uni. The router has no problem recognising and issuing ip addresses but sometimes changes the ip address around so decide it was best to have static ip address for the dreamboxes for cardsharing and dyndns.org host.

opsmonkey
18th December, 2008, 12:26 AM
oh ok i c now.. i only have my dynDNS allocated to my ISP IP not anything on my local network..

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 12:35 AM
oh ok i c now.. i only have my dynDNS allocated to my ISP IP not anything on my local network..

That bit is fine as long as your router than forwards the request to your dreambox which would be a specific ip address which is also fine as long as it is not changed by the router. It would only change if you were to bring another device into your home network. Sorry gone off topic from jillys problem

jilly
18th December, 2008, 12:47 AM
when you open up dcc does it not tell you on the configuration what your db ip is..?

should have pc ip and db ip and even router ip if you connect via router

the dreambox won't connect in dcc i keep getting check dreambox ip i have tried everything but still no joy

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 12:56 AM
I never bother with dcc and much prefer to use seperate programs. I use coreftp for ftping files and dreamboxedit for transferring channel settings. Are you able to connect to your dreambox with anything similar?

firestorm
18th December, 2008, 01:00 AM
if you type the ip address of your dreambox in your web browser can you see the pop up asking for user name and password?