PDA

View Full Version : lost lot of my channels mostly hd films

steven3367
22nd May, 2011, 10:29 PM
i got my openbox mostly for my kid to watch disney etc never bothered with it for months until i decided to watch it tonight when i went to it load of my hd film channels dont work eg sky family hd etc but sky showcase hd works, bbc one hd dosnt work either my firmware is hds2 10-10-01 i didnt uodate it because i dont know how to sae my ccam to usb any ideas cheers steve

Shady
22nd May, 2011, 10:31 PM
did it come with a gift? contact the seller

hooley
22nd May, 2011, 11:37 PM
The channel freq have probably changed. Load a newer channel list from the stickies at the top

steven3367
23rd May, 2011, 08:52 AM
i thought they would show up on a blind scan?

hooley
23rd May, 2011, 10:32 AM
Not always, load a channel list to be sure or go to king of sat and get the latest tp frequencies and scan the missing channels. Also make sure your lnb freq is 9750-10600 on all channels.

steven3367
24th May, 2011, 11:18 AM
downloaded new channel list and still no joy eg sky modern greats hd sky thriller hd lnb freq is universal 9750-10600

steven3367
24th May, 2011, 11:31 AM
how do u scam missing freq went to king of sat and found that all the channels im missing are on the same transponders

hooley
24th May, 2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.sat4fun.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png How to manually add a TP to your OpenBox (easy)

2 ways you can start:

1. Move the dish to the satellite you want to add a TP to.

-or-

2. Just go to the tp list and flip thru the satellites. OpenBox will automatically move the dish as you change satellites.

-----------------------------------------
Either way here is the proceedure when you are on the sat you want to add to.

1. MENU > INSTALLATION > TP List.

2. Look and make sure you are on the correct satellite. If not use the < and > arrows to flip thru. If you were already on the satellite it should be the one selected alreadyu.

3. Press green button to add.

4. Type in the frequency, then arrow down to symbol rate

5. type in the symbol rate, arrow down to polarity. Use < or > arrows to change polarity.

6. Arrow down to save, press OK button

----------------------------------------------
To scan the TP:

1. Press blue button on remote for Search
2. Either press ok and it will search, or set the options if you want such as FTA only, TV/Radio and Network search. I just hit the ok button as the defaults are what I want with a manual TP scan.

steven3367
24th May, 2011, 05:14 PM
ive done all of the above and realised that its the higher freq on the band thats missing on scanning it comes up as failed

kevhky
25th May, 2011, 10:08 AM
ive done all of the above and realised that its the higher freq on the band thats missing on scanning it comes up as failed

Tuners are pretty poor in these boxes a bt hit n miss I had same problem

Kev

trauma
25th May, 2011, 10:50 AM

I have read elsewhere that the problem may be with either your Lnb, or even co-axial cable, as certain Lnb's do seem to be more problamatic than others, when used in conjunction with the OpenBox, especially if it's a little old, of course this do not mean that all the older Lnb's are giving this problem, just a certain few.

The same can be said for the co-axial cable, it's recommended you should use a quality cable, such as the CT100 or it's equivalent.

The tuner itself is in fact realy sensative, and unless you have a defective tuner, then I can not see the tuner being an issue.

steven3367
25th May, 2011, 01:22 PM
ive swapped the cable with the one feeding my sky dish and its still the same hence cant be the cable or lnb as my sky box picks them all up

trauma
25th May, 2011, 02:08 PM
ive swapped the cable with the one feeding my sky dish and its still the same hence cant be the cable or lnb as my sky box picks them all up

There is a simple test you can do, if you know someone with a Sky setup, then simply connect your receiver to their dish, and if the results are okay, then you know the problem is with either your Lnb of dish alignment.

I have not had such problems myself, but I have read of simular problems encountered by others, and I am just passing on what they posted elsewhere.

koshba
25th May, 2011, 04:47 PM
In-Line Signal Amplifier Sky Satellite Booster should do the trick.

steven3367
26th May, 2011, 08:17 PM
i have sky installed as well they all feed from the quad lnb

hooley
26th May, 2011, 08:22 PM
Did you set lnb freq to universal 9750-10600

weedie
13th June, 2011, 01:57 AM
will be the tuner, i had the same problem, tried a different openbox on exactly the same setup and it worked...