PDA

View Full Version : vailant boiler problem

bowie
23rd May, 2011, 08:58 PM
i have a vaillant ecotec pro boiler. the hot water stopped working the other day so i checked the boiler to find the pressure had dropped to almost zero. so i topped it back up again but it wont switch on and has no power to it. i've checked the fuse in the pcb and changed the 3amp fuse but no joy, any ideas anyone?

reddevil157
30th May, 2011, 11:29 PM
hey bowie, maybe you'll find a manual to suite your boiler here (https://encrypted.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=valiant+ecotec+pro+fault+finding&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d1b605b813653cd3&biw=1111&bih=538), seemingly they give you an error code. If it was an oil boiler I'd be checking the high limit stat, cause if the boiler runs outta water it kicks in to prevent the burner/boiler from being damaged. But as it's gas I would get a tech to check it out.

smoggy
31st May, 2011, 12:02 PM
there is normally a reset button that has to be pressed when it has tripped out for any reason, but if there is no power at all its probably not that

reddevil157
31st May, 2011, 01:20 PM
There is normally a reset button on the burner, but if the high limit stat kicks in, hitting the reset button on the burner wont do anything, it will give you the same symptoms as bowie is getting and the only way to get power back to the burner is to reset the high limit stat. ( thats with oil burners of course lol ).

bowie
31st May, 2011, 09:01 PM
my guess is the pcb is ~~~~ed. got power to it but nothing is lighting up no codes nothing. its as dead as the dodo. got someone coming tomorrow

Meat-Head
1st June, 2011, 12:10 PM
bit late now - word on street says a boiler will have 3 attempts at lighting then bail out - unplug mains for a few mins - repeat experiment.
would suspect tempsender o/c if boiled dry

trent1579
3rd June, 2011, 01:57 PM
i had a similar problem a few days ago,customers hot water had stopped working,i checked the pcb all was fine,fuses in pcb were ok.............?
the problem was a airlock!!!!!!
the boiler was a worcester 300 quite old

if you have had any work to your system,either dhw or heating,and have a airlock your hot water will stop.

also check the expansion vessel pressure approx 0.5 bar as well as the mains pressure which should be around 1.5bar

trent1579
3rd June, 2011, 04:42 PM
i had a similar problem a few days ago,customers hot water had stopped working,i checked the pcb all was fine,fuses in pcb were ok.............?
the problem was a airlock!!!!!!
the boiler was a worcester 300 quite old

if you have had any work to your system,either dhw or heating,and have a airlock your hot water will stop.

also check the expansion vessel pressure approx 0.5 bar as well as the mains pressure which should be around 1.5bar

for dhw (domestic hot water) run the hot tap until the trapped air is released it will splutter can be up to 45 mins wait.