PDA

View Full Version : lost my v channels

steven3367
24th May, 2011, 01:25 PM
lost my v channels but these still work on my skybox is my tuner knackered

calhib
24th May, 2011, 01:46 PM
have u tried deleting the satellite and rescanning all of the channels instead of just the specific 1s

steven3367
24th May, 2011, 03:12 PM
its my higher freq ones on v that are knackered been in touch with a sat engineer and he says the tuner is on its way out i can still get them on my sky box and my sat tv just not on the open box

kevhky
25th May, 2011, 10:01 AM
its my higher freq ones on v that are knackered been in touch with a sat engineer and he says the tuner is on its way out i can still get them on my sky box and my sat tv just not on the open box

It's the tuner matey they ain't the best to be honest, I had same prob but all was fine on dreambox

Kev

trauma
25th May, 2011, 11:51 AM
It's the tuner matey they ain't the best to be honest, I had same prob but all was fine on dreambox

Kev

You say the tuner is at the root of the problem, but I find the tuner realy sensative, for example BADR [26e] & NILESAT [7w], the tuner will give me access to a number of channels, that certain other receivers can not even achieve a lock on.

Exactly what satellite and channels are you refering too, then I can check them out, and see if I get the same results.

steven3367
25th May, 2011, 01:19 PM
i couldnt get any movie hd channels apart from mgm and showcase i looked this up on king of sats and they are all on the same freq all v

trauma
25th May, 2011, 02:16 PM
i couldnt get any movie hd channels apart from mgm and showcase i looked this up on king of sats and they are all on the same freq all v

I can think of two possable causes that may result in the loss of a polarity.

1 .. Your dish requires realignment, which I would guess is your problem.

2 .. Your Lnb requires replacing, as a result of an Lnb failing, one of the most obvious signs is the loss of a single polarity, but if that was the cause, then you would lose all vertical channels.

koshba
25th May, 2011, 04:45 PM
Try an In-Line Signal Amplifier Sky Satellite Booster about ?4 on the bay.

trauma
25th May, 2011, 04:57 PM
Try an In-Line Signal Amplifier Sky Satellite Booster about ?4 on the bay.

A booster for Sky, well I guess if your cable run is 50metres or more it may help, or even if you live abroad, but if your in the UK and have a standard cable run, and your dish is correctly aligned, then there should be no need for assistance regarding the signal.

Remember when using a signal booster it also increases the noise along with the signal, regardles of wheather your using a passive, or non passive booster.