PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI with DPF, needs removing

djorgensen
24th May, 2011, 03:04 PM
I have a 1.6 Peugeot HDI with a DFP/FAP fitted

Taken a dump which is attached

I've tried to remove the DPF filter with ECUSafe and its not worked. ECU safe says its removed and its modified the dump but when I upload to the car. After a little distance the engine light comes on with a turbo related pressure fault

Yet I did a very similar car only days ago and it worked on that without any issue.

anyone any ideas?

Damien

djorgensen
24th May, 2011, 03:17 PM
The error on the centre console reports

"De pollution system faulty"

djorgensen
24th May, 2011, 04:05 PM
I run it through a newer version of ECUsafe and everything is ok now, so no need to reply

Thanks

P2XA
24th May, 2011, 06:33 PM
After FAP off you must read with lexia dtc enter in injection=>coding=>manualy coding edit on car have not FAP

P2XA
24th May, 2011, 06:34 PM
And disable fuel additive...

Igorka
26th May, 2011, 05:59 AM
I run it through a newer version of ECUsafe and everything is ok now, so no need to reply

Thanks

What the newer version of ECUsafe you are using now?
I have a 1.9.1.6 - this is old?

P2XA
26th May, 2011, 07:15 AM
The latest ECUsafe version is 2.0.0.0

xant14
26th May, 2011, 07:21 AM
sorry to come in on this thread, but I am thinking of buying a 1.6Hdi in either Citroen form or Peugeot form.

I have heard about these troublesome DPF and FAP parts. Can these be simply removed and then the ECU re-mapped? or is it more complicated than that?
Where in the UK could carry out this job, if it is possible?

Thanks

chiptorque
26th May, 2011, 08:31 AM
mate I spent many Peugeot and Citroen, the ruling but has given FAP turbo comes from one of the hoses or pipes is chopped and check it loses pressure I have experience ... the last was a Citroen C5 ... Greetings ...

P2XA
26th May, 2011, 10:27 PM
this advice concerns the old engines PSA concern such as RHR-RHZ, 4HX

P2XA
26th May, 2011, 10:32 PM
sorry to come in on this thread, but I am thinking of buying a 1.6Hdi in either Citroen form or Peugeot form.

I have heard about these troublesome DPF and FAP parts. Can these be simply removed and then the ECU re-mapped? or is it more complicated than that?
Where in the UK could carry out this job, if it is possible?

Thanks
The problem with the FAP is solved perfectly, EGR turned off as well and chiptunning up to 138 hp with 25% economy

xant14
26th May, 2011, 11:32 PM
The problem with the FAP is solved perfectly, EGR turned off as well and chiptunning up to 138 hp with 25% economy

I will certainly consider this then, and if or when the dpf starts to give trouble, who in the UK could carry out this service?
About how much for this removal and re-chip service?