PDA

View Full Version : Volo Performance chips

i_shot_the_sheriff
25th May, 2011, 10:31 AM
Dear DKians,

Lately i've found this site:
Volo Performance - Chip Tuning Made Easy (http://voloperformance.com/)

They sell chips that perform dynamic tuning! They have maps for Economy and Horsepower increase! I've bought the "programmer" from them also and i can program these chips now!
The problem is that they offer so limited services....

I mean, they dont support all models! Are there any other chips that can be programmed (with a map) so they can give fuel economy or horsepower?
Can this "programmer" get modified so we can program any map to that chip? ;)

Thanks in advance
Hope you find useful this site! I've seen some fuel economy from their chip (installed on my Renault Scenic) :D

del635
26th May, 2011, 02:53 PM
Is that mpg increase on your trip computer? They just seem like resistors to me.........

i_shot_the_sheriff
26th May, 2011, 02:55 PM
Well the trip computer... ummm i think it's kinda false! :P
I'm talking on tank fill ups! I've seen more kms per tank fill up!

jovime
27th May, 2011, 11:49 AM
The same shit powerbokses as always with a nice shiny electric-blue package.

i_shot_the_sheriff
27th May, 2011, 11:54 AM
hmmm, have you tried them and u got that attitude?

oldford
27th May, 2011, 12:00 PM
For now, without even trying them I have to agree with jovime. Looks to good to be true and therefor probably isn't true.
Maybe you can convince us with a couple of measurement from a rolling road? And then I mean the ones you make on you're own rolling road, not the nice ones from the site.

i_shot_the_sheriff
27th May, 2011, 12:15 PM
Heyyyyy i'm not trying to sell you these chips!! lol! i'm just saying that i've seen some results with my car! Increase in mpg! Nothing more!
I was just wondering if this is possible.... --> loading a custom map to a chip... and change dynamically the map of the ecu!

del635
27th May, 2011, 12:34 PM
Thing is you can get more power with a resistor but its crude, particularly on diesels, if the ecu is spraying longer than it 'thinks' then it sprays outside the ideal window as it does not give the required advance for the extra spray time, manufacturers tend to end the spraying at tdc for good reasons.

i_shot_the_sheriff
30th May, 2011, 06:49 AM
I understand!
You suggest that these chips are simple resistors? How do they achieve increase in mpg? :O