PDA

View Full Version : ipad 1 keeps crashing

grimmer
25th May, 2011, 08:51 PM
hello i have iPad 1, 3g, 32gb, everytime i browse the net/ or google maps etc, the ipad just black screens, then return to icons screen!!..

anybody had this....ive cleared cache and history all out etc

quavis
28th May, 2011, 11:28 AM
hello i have iPad 1, 3g, 32gb, everytime i browse the net/ or google maps etc, the ipad just black screens, then return to icons screen!!..

anybody had this....ive cleared cache and history all out etc

might need restoring thru itunes to refresh it to new.
not good as you will lose everything and itll be returned to factory settings but should solve your problem unless you have a deeper problem.

itunes ; restore ... good luck

regards dave

quavis
28th May, 2011, 11:28 AM
just a thought make a back up fiirst then do the restore,, then copy from back up afterwards.

r3nos123
1st June, 2011, 02:35 PM
Try uninstalling the problematic applications
Have you tried power cycling your ipad? (turn it off and then power on to hard reset it)

grimmer
12th June, 2011, 09:37 PM
ive restored my ipad and cleaned all old apps off, seemed to be ok for a day then crashes again in the browser...

but round my mates today, his does the same thing, i think its mostly when the webpage is big with videos etc on it, dont look like the ipad can cope with it, maybe not enough ram or something

smirnoff_rules
12th June, 2011, 09:39 PM
ive restored my ipad and cleaned all old apps off, seemed to be ok for a day then crashes again in the browser...

but round my mates today, his does the same thing, i think its mostly when the webpage is big with videos etc on it, dont look like the ipad can cope with it, maybe not enough ram or something

install a different browser

saintman
21st July, 2011, 10:18 AM
can you restore your ipad and test it in "virgin mode"?
also without restore your backup.
is the problem also there?