PDA

View Full Version : Openbox Transponder issue

neolxs
26th May, 2011, 04:26 PM
Ok, looking for some serious help here!

Im really having some issues setting up a second openbox I purchased.

Ive done a blind scan of the box and scanned the sat that sly and freesat use.

Everything scans ok except for a few HD channels including Ch4 HD and some of the Sly HD movie channels, they dont even appear.

I then use my channel list from the other openbox and all my channels appear, however the channels that I mentioned above come up with no signal.

I did another blind scan and It appears that towards the end of the scan at around 93% the remaining transponders are causing issues for the openbox as they all come up with the message failed when scanning.

Im really stuck as to what the problem is, ive tried other boxes in place of this new openbox and they have signals for all the channels, however this openbox cant open a few of these channels as mentioned.

Really need some help please!

hooley
26th May, 2011, 05:12 PM
Which sly channels exactly?

neolxs
26th May, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Hooley,

Im not getting

Channel 4 HD
E4 HD
Comedy Central HD
Watch
Gold
CBS Reality
Dave
SyFy HD
FX HD
Sly Premier HD
Sly Modern Greats HD
Sly Family HD
Sly Action HD
Sly Sci Fi/ Horror HD
Sly Thriller HD
Sly Comedy HD
Sly Drama HD
Disney Cinemagic HD
MGM HD
Kiss
Smash Hits
MTV Dance
MTV Rocks
VH1
MTV
MTV +1
MTV Hits
MTV Base
MTV Classics
VIVA
MTV Music
The Box
CNN
SLY Sports HD 3
ESPN HD
Eurosport HD
Discovery HD
National Geographic Wild HD
Eden HD
History HD
Yesterday
Blighty
Crime HD
Cartoon Network
CN too
Boomerrang
Boomerang +1
Nick HD

Thats more or less it!

hooley
26th May, 2011, 07:21 PM
Have you lnb setting at universal 9750-10600. ? Menu/ antenna setup.

steven3367
26th May, 2011, 08:15 PM
thats whats happend to me to see my posts

neolxs
26th May, 2011, 08:54 PM
Have you lnb setting at universal 9750-10600. ? Menu/ antenna setup.

Yes, but to no avail.

hooley
26th May, 2011, 09:37 PM
Try a preset scan or could you bring the box to a neighbours or friends and maybe test there.

neolxs
27th May, 2011, 12:52 PM
Try a preset scan or could you bring the box to a neighbours or friends and maybe test there.

Tried this this morning but still the same issues. Looks like the box is a dud so i, going to return it to the supplier.

I may invest the money into getting a vuo duo if the wife lets me! lol

hooley
27th May, 2011, 02:03 PM
Tried this this morning but still the same issues. Looks like the box is a dud so i, going to return it to the supplier.

I may invest the money into getting a vuo duo if the wife lets me! lol

A vu+ duo is the only way to go, trust me. Tis the bees knees. Just dont tell her how much it is. Even the solo is a great box. Great price here Satboxes.com Online Store - VU+ Solo Linux HDTV Receiver USB PVR Ready (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=30)

neolxs
27th May, 2011, 10:38 PM
A vu+ duo is the only way to go, trust me. Tis the bees knees. Just dont tell her how much it is. Even the solo is a great box. Great price here Satboxes.com Online Store - VU+ Solo Linux HDTV Receiver USB PVR Ready (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=30)

Just a question on that if I can Hooley, Does the Vu Solo do everything the same as the Duo except for the extra tuner?

I think I could get away with the price on that link you gave me for the solo! Especially as it seems there an Irish company too, cuts down on the postage! :D

dell_xps
28th May, 2011, 11:33 AM
Get the Vu Duo m8, well worth every single penny, FACT.

hooley
28th May, 2011, 12:01 PM
Just a question on that if I can Hooley, Does the Vu Solo do everything the same as the Duo except for the extra tuner?

I think I could get away with the price on that link you gave me for the solo! Especially as it seems there an Irish company too, cuts down on the postage! :D

I have the duo and it's top class but if the money is an issue and you want to keep herself sweet then get a solo. It's the same thing just one tuner. I'm well tempted to get one also at that price. I like my s9 and all but the epg is doing my head in.

jester1965
28th June, 2011, 10:22 PM
why not dump channel list from first box to second box m8, hope this helps