PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 2000

dashtec
28th May, 2011, 01:06 AM
jaeger speedo

last week i flashed the micro with codecard, everything went good, dash came back to live. 3days later noticed temp guage reading incorrectly, so i decided to replace motor.

i put new motor and istalled speedo back to car, now the centre display and guages are dead,. but the cars starts mileage and time are ok.

i decided to reflash but hasnt solved the problem.

resoldered all connector pins for both plugs but still dead,

would be grateful for any ideas

dk 4eva

haroutioun
28th May, 2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif audi a3 2000
jaeger speedo

last week i flashed the micro with codecard, everything went good, dash came back to live. 3days later noticed temp guage reading incorrectly, so i decided to replace motor.

i put new motor and istalled speedo back to car, now the centre display and guages are dead,. but the cars starts mileage and time are ok.

i decided to reflash but hasnt solved the problem.

resoldered all connector pins for both plugs but still dead,

would be grateful for any ideas
-----------------------------------------
HI, did you read your original data & after saved?
is the same flash version,which you choose it from menu of Audi 2J74Y repair software for CarProg? or only you push "Repair" button?.plz open your dashboard and look label on processor did the same version lick your repair software? i thing the problam is in the data of processor.
in the week i do many dashs of audi TT ,SOME TIMES I TRY TO GET DATA FROM ANOTHER DASH,BECAUSE NOT ALLWASE CAN FOUND THE SAME DATA OR VERSION ,IN THE CARPROG DASH REPAIR SOFTWARE.
SO TRY TO SEE ....
GOOD LUCK

dashtec
28th May, 2011, 11:19 PM
carprog automatically found version, i checked on sticker it matched. didnt save just selected repair

TULGEYWOODMAN
29th May, 2011, 09:39 AM
The correct way is to remove the micro save flash and eeprom with etl and proper zif socket, fit NEW micro into zif socket rewrite repaired file from carprog, remember carprog may only repair flash, so you may have to reload eeprom back from original.

Do you have carprog 908 programme as well?

To do the job correct you must have the facility to read and write flash and eeprom from 908.

remember also that Audi use at least 2 different mask sets and carprog only support the most common.

sometimes problem is only micro, original data is ok.

I do not repair these now as it is not possible to guarantee 100% repair.....believe me.

dashtec
31st May, 2011, 01:16 AM
yes i have 908 carprog option