PDA

View Full Version : Setup & installing motorised dish

12thSign
17th December, 2008, 08:11 PM
Can anyone help with an easy to understand guide to positioning a satilite dish & buying the correct equipment to get up & running?

I have been living in my current flat for 8 month's, a large dish is fixed to the outside of the building with a satelite connection inside. The dish is too big to be a sky dish, so I presume it must be a free to air dish or one suitable for something like a technomate to connect to it.

My neighbour tells me the previous occupier tried installing it himself but gave up trying to position the dish as it was too difficult & complicated to do. He also said the dish moves!

After reading the threads, I suspect he had a technomate receiver or something similar connected up. It's interesting to hear you can get live premiership football coverage from 3pm form other satelites, I don't know anything about receivers, dishes, satelites or how many there are.

Can anyone advise me of the following;
A good receiver (make & model) to buy?
How to set up the receiver to receive the broadcast?
How to correctly position the dish & what equipment if any are required?
What is patching & how to do it?
What is digital B?

I am a newbie & know nothing about patching, transponders, LNB's or how to set up from scratch without getting too technical.

Thanks

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th December, 2008, 12:20 AM
Are you in control of the dish or does the landlord own it? If its yours and its motorised you will need a dreambox500s clone and you could cardshare..

12thSign
18th December, 2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your response sadiq999uk, I have inherited ownership of the dish as the previous occupant had paid for the dish & fittings, then left it all behind. The landlord does not own it.

Is the dreambox 500s clone easy to set up & operate?
Do you know of the cheapest seller?
What is a cardshare?

Curious123
18th December, 2008, 02:38 PM
In answer to your questions;
1. The dreambox is considered to be the most difficult of all the boxes to configure and setup.
2. The Chibnese suppliers appear to be the cheapest.
3. Plenty of information on cardsharing on google.