PDA

View Full Version : ET CAT 2011 comet error

TKMobile
30th May, 2011, 02:29 AM
Every time I start ET 2011 I get comet failed to initialize .. Anyone familiar with this problem ..?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

RSwire
1st June, 2011, 12:00 AM
Does the program it self fail to start up or is the auto connect still turned on and your not hooked to a vehicle yet?

TKMobile
1st June, 2011, 12:52 AM
I don't have a adapter attached. On startup it also says ECM module something ..it doesn't allow me to change any settings and the program ends

RSwire
1st June, 2011, 11:13 PM
I don't have a adapter attached. On startup it also says ECM module something ..it doesn't allow me to change any settings and the program ends

Try a reinstall, uninstall et, clean reg than reinstall. Sounds like an install error.

TKMobile
2nd June, 2011, 06:56 PM
It also says failed to query ecm manager ..i tried uninstalling several times , reg cleaner, etc. I had STW installed prior to this and i dont think i unistalled the stw correctly.

TKMobile
2nd June, 2011, 08:19 PM
The answer is in the help file in the install directory..i set the RPC service to local and i started the crypkey license service and now everything works.

RSwire
2nd June, 2011, 11:15 PM
The answer is in the help file in the install directory..i set the RPC service to local and i started the crypkey license service and now everything works.

Glad to see you got it working, and it is nice to see you left feedback so others can learn from it, wish more people did it.