PDA

View Full Version : fake dreambox's

mez
23rd April, 2008, 12:52 PM
warring this all sort of illegal copies of dreambox not only 500series but 600 and 7000 & 7020 made in china shet copie bad sound quality bad range of remote control and power supply I got hold of one 600pvr bad quality bit chip but bad so if YOU guys have got any of this fake ones start post here thankx

teleboss
23rd April, 2008, 01:27 PM
warring this all sort of illegal copies of dreambox not only 500series but 600 and 7000 & 7020 made in china shet copie bad sound quality bad range of remote control and power supply I got hold of one 600pvr bad quality bit chip but bad so if YOU guys have got any of this fake ones start post here thankx

Is this fake ???

http://szevergreen.en.alibaba.com/product/200039090/203917563/DVB/dream_box_500c_satellite_receiver_dvb_satellite_ca ble_Terrestrial_STB_set_top_box_tv_receiver.html

chopdre
23rd April, 2008, 03:50 PM
How can we tell if it's a fake. What to look for when we purchase.
thanks.

Devilfish
23rd April, 2008, 07:40 PM
If it's a DM500 - it's a FAKE!

Dream Multimedia stopped making the Dm500 about 18 months ago so any places that are selling a DM500 are selling fakes. I'd also like to add that the fakes are better than the Dream models.

How to determine if it's a fake.

Go to the dream multimedia website and look at their list of approved sellers.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/dealer_EU.phpIf the website or shop ISN'T on that list then they are not an approved seller and they did not get their stock from Dream Multimedia. Therefor, they are selling FAKE models.

Another dead giveaway is the price. Again, check a dream approved seller for the proper price. If it's being sold far cheaper than the dream approved website, it's a FAKE. Common sense should tell you that it's a fake.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

My advice, if you want a quality product with a years manufacturing warranty, buy from a dream approved seller. If not, get a clone and take the risk. :)

mez
25th April, 2008, 02:25 AM
I had fake box before realy paining the ass the remote control works very bad some time work's some time don't you have to go inch near to get it work so how can you say that fakes are better then genuni

smedzdave
25th April, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have had fakes before but i have never had a problem with them to be honest.
I had the dm500-c and they worked fine, i think most people who are on about the remote mean the black one which is this one
http://www.challengecomputers.nl/pix/CC48077.jpg

but if you have this one:
http://www.jsat.tv/pics/dm500_remote.jpg

then the remote works perfectly.
well it did for me.
and i found that the tuners in the clone dm500 were much better than the originals, but 1 bad problem is the warranty, but most companies offer 1 year warranty with there products anyway so if something did go wrong then they'd usually send you a new one.
but the only tip i can give is when buying a fake make sure you use a secure payment method like google checkout as if it did break and the company you bought it from didnt replace it then you could claim your money back then.

biggles2000uk
25th April, 2008, 11:36 AM
there are only two official sellers of Dreamboxes in the UK as per Dream Multimedia website

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/dealerlist/dream.php4?do=list&showcat=71

Mark Hemming's website has a list of bad sellers

http://www.satstore.co.uk/alert.htm

Bottom line, if you want to ensure you get an official dreambox, buy from an official seller.

aftermath
25th April, 2008, 12:04 PM
Another way to tell a fake is "The hologram on the box" it stands out a mile.

Its a very poor hologram on the fake.

revolte
25th April, 2008, 09:17 PM
i have a fake dm500 but hologram is perfect

father ted
25th April, 2008, 09:31 PM
to be honest ive been running 2 fakes since they came out and never and i mean never had 1 bit of trouble they take all the new flashes and everything np lol

aftermath
25th April, 2008, 09:35 PM
i have a fake dm500 but hologram is perfect

i have 2 empty boxes here from both my boxes mate, and side by side , the fake hologram stands out a mile.

mez
26th April, 2008, 12:56 AM
may you had gd copie but i tried it on 500s bad mate and I mean very bad orginal's are far to differente you know is ok when you have fake one and using and getting used to it But one's you use genuni you felt the diffrence

C64
26th April, 2008, 01:16 AM
2 fakes here, 1 sat and 1 cable both are brilliant :)

I also had a genuine DM500, absolutely no difference between them.

mez
26th April, 2008, 11:28 AM
hi witchy were did you buy them from?

C64
26th April, 2008, 12:32 PM
Peng, China.

teleboss
26th April, 2008, 02:22 PM
I had fake box before realy paining the ass the remote control works very bad some time work's some time don't you have to go inch near to get it work so how can you say that fakes are better then genuni

I have had this problem on a number of the boxes, There is a easy fixx for this, it transpires that the IR sensor is not in the perfect position for receving the signal, so open the box, there are two clips on the top front cover, remove the ribbion cable before doing this, make sure you know the correct way to plug the cable in, "look at the red stripe orinantate from that" then on the IR - LED - Power button PCB there are three small screws take them out and the PCB you will notice the IR Sensor and generally its bent back on the board or bent away from the board, you need to get this paralell to the board so it can see out the tiny IR window if you do this it will solve the issue, if you are really brave desolder the IR sensor and hot glue it to the window, extend the leads to the board this really fixes the problem.

mortenna
27th April, 2008, 01:39 PM
i have one too. Gemini killed it.

mortenna
27th April, 2008, 01:41 PM
Mine is made in San Fransisco.

C64
27th April, 2008, 02:12 PM
Made in San Francisco?!

Gemini didn't kill my clone :)

smirnoff_rules
27th April, 2008, 02:19 PM
gay clones .. wot next lol

C64
27th April, 2008, 02:20 PM
I find it a bit unusual that clones are made in America don't you? :)

I wonder if he means he bought it from the USA?

mez
28th April, 2008, 02:56 AM
i have one too. Gemini killed it.

hi mate to get your box a life again you to fixe the bootloader and this by using the jtag all you need is on this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...do=file&id=193 gd luck

zubair4148
28th April, 2008, 04:56 PM
It Was Better To Buy An Orginal One, Not This Kind Of Trouble's.

Curious123
28th April, 2008, 11:17 PM
It Was Better To Buy An Orginal One, Not This Kind Of Trouble's.

If the women can't afford the Armani or versace handbag they go down the market and buy a fake but at least noone rips their arm for having a fake.

bbhs
29th April, 2008, 10:18 AM
Some of the clones are o.k just have to be careful what image you use, i.e. the Gemini problem - I found the envisions to be a bit iffy but they have brought a new version out now (different tuner and black enclosure)

C64
29th April, 2008, 10:41 AM
Although the Envision is a DM500 clone, I think MEZ is refering to clones that are badged as DM500's.

bbhs
29th April, 2008, 11:14 AM
Oh the ones badged Dreambox with screw type tuners - I have heard some of them suffer from faulty voltage control chips prior to the tuner stage.
Usually results in missing channels.

momo101
1st May, 2008, 01:10 PM
I've got one of these screw type tuners (also a original), I find the remote control functionality less pratical then the original, you have point it more pricisely at the box.