PDA

View Full Version : Best tool for reading/writing(flashing) a EDC15C2 ECU of a Peugeot 307 HDI

titobal
30th May, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi guys,

I am looking for a tool to read & write the ECU Eprom
(cable + software).

I have a peugeot 307 HDI 110 2.0L of 2003.

The ECU is a EDC15C2

Looking for a cheap and reliable solution.

If you could point to some cables/software to perform
this.
I've seen stuff on ebay Galletto Clones... KWP 2000+
in your opinion what is the best solution ?

Thanks in advance & Have a Nice day !;)

gzk
30th May, 2011, 10:03 PM
galetto no prob

rappttor
30th May, 2011, 10:20 PM
galleto, mpps, the usual staff, nothing special with it

waldi1979
30th May, 2011, 10:25 PM
Eprom?? .

rappttor
30th May, 2011, 10:46 PM
29f400
willem, wellon, labtool etc
but then it goes: adapters, soldering station, experience etc

grimmer
31st May, 2011, 08:32 PM
Id prefer kwp2000 with edc 15c hdis, seen some problems with gallettos on bosch hdi ecu.

P2XA
31st May, 2011, 10:05 PM
galetto work perfect with this cars

subtil
2nd June, 2011, 12:14 AM
Id prefer kwp2000 with edc 15c hdis, seen some problems with gallettos on bosch hdi ecu.

For real? Please report the problems you've seen because I've tuned like douzens and never had a problem

gzk
2nd June, 2011, 02:30 AM
For real? Please report the problems you've seen because I've tuned like douzens and never had a problem
you have more chance to crash an ecu with kwp2000 than with galletto .

i have all this tools and made many edc15 hdi drag car
galletto for the price is the best

elchip
2nd June, 2011, 06:43 AM

Galletto is the best low cost tool on market many year and that tool is with minimum bug's , look on kwp2000+ or even on MPPS today have big big holes in work algo's...

Regard's

rappttor
2nd June, 2011, 08:33 AM
totally agree, never had any problems with it, pitty it doesnt know can

nikinik
6th June, 2011, 08:48 PM
here my opinion. for me if you look cheap and stable hardware GALLETTO is your choise,but like Overtune says.somedays you will have bad flashing.
i work in PSA and imagine how many cars i am flashing with this ecu.until now no problem at all,but yesterday i wrote one car and after writing check lapmp was off and car dies.
i have programmer and write it directly in flash after desoldering.
same car day after was succesfully flashed by obd with galletto.so this is the true someday you will have bad flashing but you never know when.

grimmer
6th June, 2011, 09:24 PM
Galletto is the best low cost tool on market many year and that tool is with minimum bug's , look on kwp2000+ or even on MPPS today have big big holes in work algo's...

Regard's

just from personal experience, i may of just had a bad galletto.

Had a galletto stall on 66% on a audi tt for 3 mins, nearly pulled the usb out, then all of sudden went to 100% and did complete,

also had a few gallettos on hdi cars stall on opening and closing ecu seed key bit and car not start again.

Must of flashed over 100 cars with kwp2000 never had any faults, galletto does seem to cover more cars though.

pablo1971
6th June, 2011, 09:46 PM
mpps is alot better and more stable than the gallatto..ive flashed loads ov cars....only had a problem with a vw with a turbo timer on,and the flash stopped when turbo timer turned off..but mpps recovered it no problem....

nikinik
7th June, 2011, 08:34 PM
that what grimmer say about seed key is 100 percent right.

pablo1971
7th June, 2011, 09:18 PM
yer,mpps clone is a cheap tool.but very good....i had a clone v3,,,excellent tool.

elchip
7th June, 2011, 09:59 PM
here my opinion. for me if you look cheap and stable hardware GALLETTO is your choise,but like Overtune says.somedays you will have bad flashing.
i work in PSA and imagine how many cars i am flashing with this ecu.until now no problem at all,but yesterday i wrote one car and after writing check lapmp was off and car dies.
i have programmer and write it directly in flash after desoldering.
same car day after was succesfully flashed by obd with galletto.so this is the true someday you will have bad flashing but you never know when.

Yes 100% correct but always you need backup if something go wrong so from good aspect of all if someone only want to flash with PUSH button READ-WRITE is so bad idea.That person must know electronic or have always good friend or someone who have good programer for FLASH or will be in big problem.

Regard's

elchip
7th June, 2011, 10:03 PM
that what grimmer say about seed key is 100 percent right.
Yes true but if you look in global Galletto 12XX is on market as clone a long long time and have the minimum bug , I never use KWP2000+ but I have a new hehehehehe
So I will test it and rapport 100% as feedback ...

All the best

titobal
10th June, 2011, 01:52 PM
Bought a Galletto ... still hesitating ...
at least I will use it for reading, then fingers crossed
for writing back :-)

I've been told to not start the car between the initial dump and the ecusafe modded dump rewrite ...
in case of immo problems, can you confirm ?

My goal is to write FAP removed flash back to the ECU
using the obd connector.

Have a nice day !