PDA

View Full Version : Difference beetwen SIS and STW

Khein
31st May, 2011, 11:05 AM
Normally I have installed SIS in my office computers and ET + SIS in my workshop computers, but usually I see post about STW. I installed once but I really did not find it a lot of use so I decided to installed ET and SIS separatelly (without STW) or just SIS.
Am I missing something important? Wich is the difference within SIS and STW? or wich is the use for STW?

Thank you in advice.

RSwire
31st May, 2011, 11:40 PM
Normally I have installed SIS in my office computers and ET + SIS in my workshop computers, but usually I see post about STW. I installed once but I really did not find it a lot of use so I decided to installed ET and SIS separatelly (without STW) or just SIS.
Am I missing something important? Wich is the difference within SIS and STW? or wich is the use for STW?

Thank you in advice.

Yes you are missing something, CBT, component based troubleshooting. You get a code in ET and you can trouble shoot it in the CBT database. It has sensor test specs and how to and a host of other very usefull info. I allways install STW it is a launch pad for ET, SIS, CBT Service reports and a couple other things( You really only need et,sis and cbt)

sorma
1st June, 2011, 05:46 AM
Does anyone knows which subscription would bring After-treatment regen option in Cat ET? I cant seem to find it under anywhere. have ET 2010A installed with On Highway truck license. Thanks alot.

RSwire
1st June, 2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone knows which subscription would bring After-treatment regen option in Cat ET? I cant seem to find it under anywhere. have ET 2010A installed with On Highway truck license. Thanks alot.

Your best licence is either a factory or full service dealer.

Khein
3rd June, 2011, 02:37 PM
Yes you are missing something, CBT, component based troubleshooting. You get a code in ET and you can trouble shoot it in the CBT database. It has sensor test specs and how to and a host of other very usefull info. I allways install STW it is a launch pad for ET, SIS, CBT Service reports and a couple other things( You really only need et,sis and cbt)

RSwire, If I have installed SIS and ET separately, I have to uninstall all and then download STW and install everything again?

TheMecanico
3rd June, 2011, 05:56 PM
in STW includes SIS - ET - CBT - and more Software for Cat.