PDA

View Full Version : sat nav with sd card

shawy
17th December, 2008, 10:02 PM
hi guys just wondering if any body knows if i could download softwere for navigation on sd card .i have a 7 inch tv head unit with a sd slot it also has bluetooth is there any way to get some nav program onto the sd and then run that with the head unit and bluetooth .cheers dave

opsmonkey
18th December, 2008, 12:16 AM
what like tomtom or route 66...???

ive got it.. but its for symbian os only.. is that any good..?

shawy
18th December, 2008, 09:11 PM
hey opsmonkey im not to sure to be honest i bought the unit as a cd tv gps player with sd slot but it does not work on gps so wondered if i had to have an sd card with some kinda gps softwere on that for it to work was just hoping that some kind member could give some imfo or guidence on what to do

Devilfish
18th December, 2008, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea but not sure if you will get software for that platform. The satnavs for mobiles and PDAs are written for that operating system so probably wouldn't work on a stereo.

In what way is it advertised as working with GPS?

shawy
18th December, 2008, 09:24 PM
hey devilfish
on the screen it is all touch and gives the options tv.tel.radio.blurtooth dvd and gps.as is what i bought it for .but when i press for gps it says no gps softwere so i thought that it might have to run on the sd card with gps softwere and get the gps from the bluetooth as a dongle