PDA

View Full Version : Landrover TD4 5P08

PierreTheron
1st June, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi

Can someone verify that there is no fault on this file .
Maybe some codes missing that is preventing this vehicle not to give injector pulses when cranking.

This vehicle was towed to me from Landrover with a non start info .
I checked everything that needed to be checked .

Injectors
Fuel Rail pressure
Crank sender
Cam sender

Everything that a common rail injection system needs is there. It must start but injectors does not open.

I called in the local Dog squad and they sniffed out the problem to be inside ecu .Something to do with some missing codes that has been wiped . Somewhat vague explanation they gave me .

This vehicle got no faultcodes stored in ecu or ews.

All that i can see is that there is no injector pulse and that the capacitor that must give about 80 to 100 volt does not charge up when i look in real time data. (Launch Tool)

MaYbe someone had this problem before.

Ecu Bosch 0 281 010 811

BMW DDE NNN000150

EDC 15C4

EEprom 95P08

PierreTheron
1st June, 2011, 10:33 PM
hi

Does any one understand what bullock i am talking of...

Seems some files lost some coding in this ecu because they wiped it with testbook t4. That was when dealers tried to swop to other ecu and did not write everything down before they did the swop on ecu's.

Must admit this is sensitive case as owner can be made aware of this .. Will first see response from experts on this and might not share knowledge with owner ..\

Help will be greatly appreciated

Th:beer::beer:nx

Pierre

PierreTheron
5th June, 2011, 06:13 PM
Hi
Did some reading and it seems only option is to move
5p08 to other ecu and then test.

Seems fault is inside ecu.

Will first replace all electrolytic capacitors and see if this will help ..

Thanks for all info on here

Pierre

Meat-Head
24th November, 2011, 09:40 PM
Just a dumb question:-

Can you fill the eeprom with ffff or rude words or something - then try starting - immo disconntected - see if it writes anything to it.

OFF TOPIC:-

Recently have been playing with a 'device' - long and short is - customer came in with a working unit - whilst customer went for a quick piss, whipped the eeprom out unit, off board - saved - reinstalled eeprom - put the 16 screws back in then the 15 aa batterys - screwed back to dash with new shear bolts.

Tried that dump in a 'expired' unit - came up "nil poi" - that was it - locked up - reinstalled orginal dump and away.

ON TOPIC:-

Can only suggest you copy first and last line from botton fron a leeched dump or all fff.

Otherwise - nice paper weight.

You could try getting another ecu off ebay - posted to a member in Ingland just for the dump?

PierreTheron
24th November, 2011, 10:06 PM
Just a dumb question:-

Can you fill the eeprom with ffff or rude words or something - then try starting - immo disconntected - see if it writes anything to it.

OFF TOPIC:-

Recently have been playing with a 'device' - long and short is - customer came in with a working unit - whilst customer went for a quick piss, whipped the eeprom out unit, off board - saved - reinstalled eeprom - put the 16 screws back in then the 15 aa batterys - screwed back to dash with new shear bolts.

Tried that dump in a 'expired' unit - came up "nil poi" - that was it - locked up - reinstalled orginal dump and away.

ON TOPIC:-

Can only suggest you copy first and last line from botton fron a leeched dump or all fff.

Otherwise - nice paper weight.

You could try getting another ecu off ebay - posted to a member in Ingland just for the dump?

Already been collecting ecu's off ebay . Have got three in total now .

1 Wrong one that was in car .
2 Bought from junkyard locally .
3 Bought off ebay -Uk -(Faulty unit)

So still collecting a big bill for customer ( Do not forget the 10 euro daily space occupation fee i must charge for this vehicle in my shop . But would like to give this guy a runner for a christmas present .

So the longer it stands the bigger the bill .
:bounce::captain:

PierreTheron
12th February, 2012, 06:08 PM
Ok

Some more info on what i found .
Maybe some member can shed some more light on these .

The following files and photo's .

Files attached from the 3 ecu's i have.

Found that Autocom give same Vin number as on the Ecu.

With Testbook T4 it shows same Vin number as on licence disk.

Meat-Head
12th February, 2012, 09:03 PM
thought my hand writing was bad

PierreTheron
12th February, 2012, 09:29 PM
Ok

Found some more info inside 29f400BT dumps.
This about where Vin number are stored..

Also something about EWS inside flash.

Still gets me nowhere on immo problem..

Meat-Head
12th February, 2012, 11:01 PM
BRILLIANT

Opertunity to edit and add rude words.

How and what with do you extract dumps with?

For reference, purposes, have/can you compare dump to rover car and rover 75

PierreTheron
4th March, 2012, 12:11 AM
BRILLIANT

Opertunity to edit and add rude words.

How and what with do you extract dumps with?

For reference, purposes, have/can you compare dump to rover car and rover 75

Hi foock any dump extractions

I took chips of board and read it.
Rover dumps does not look the same..

Vehicle is runner now after fighting with dealers.

It went in to the them as runner .So they must deliver as runner according to new laws here. You cannot break the car more in the shop and charge the customer extra.

My bill as advisor has not been paid yet .Still do not know how to take customer on (seems i am always on the loosing side.)

So will take a hammer next time he brings his car for a service or just make my money up slowly by charging extra everytime??

MH please advise what to do .
(What would Meat City People do ???????)