PDA

View Full Version : Carnegie Challenge Cup fifth round draw

thommo
23rd April, 2008, 02:30 PM
Carnegie Challenge Cup fifth round draw

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/uploads/imagesource.php?image=3292.jpg&maxwidth=230&maxheight=200

The draw has been made for the fifth round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

Defending champions St Helens face a home tie against local rivals Warrington Wolves, whilst last year?s beaten finalists Catalans Dragons face an away trip to Bradford Bulls.

In total there are four all engage Super League ties with the others being Harlequins RL against Leeds Rhinos and Hull KR versus Huddersfield Giants.

At least one team from either The Co-operative National League One or Two will make the Quarter Finals after Dewsbury Rams were drawn against Oldham.

Sheffield Eagles chief executive Mark Aston, a Challenge Cup and Lance Todd Trophy winner in 1998 drew the home balls, whilst Mark McKinley captain of the Leeds Metropolitan rugby league team drew the away balls.

Ties from the fifth round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup will be played on the weekend of 10 and 11 May.

The two televised ties will be St Helens V Warrington Wolves on Saturday 10 May (BBC 1, kick off 15:00) and Hull KR V Huddersfield Giants on Sunday 11 May (BBC 2, kick off 13:15)

This year?s final will be played at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 30 August.

The full draw is:

Hull KR V Huddersfield Giants

Barrow Raiders V Wakefield Wildcats

Dewsbury Rams V Oldham

Bradford Bulls V Catalans Dragons

Wigan Warriors V Whitehaven

Widnes Vikings V Hull FC

Harlequins RL V Leeds Rhinos

St Helens V Warrington Wolves

Jaffa
23rd April, 2008, 02:40 PM
Is that a good draw for your lot thommo or a tough one.

thommo
23rd April, 2008, 03:00 PM
not as easy as some of the teams in there, there actually playing well this season but were playing better lol.:rofl:

tomaxbol
23rd April, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think the quins V Leeds should have been one the televised games, home advantage to quins your gonna get a good game. was gonna stick my neck out and say quins by 6 but i wont........ oops already done it:)

thommo
23rd April, 2008, 04:55 PM
dont you worry i'll be the first to remind you when we hammer them lol...:damnmate:

tomaxbol
23rd April, 2008, 05:20 PM
Im goin out for a ride on mi bike before i dig mi self any deeper.:)
cya l8ter