PDA

View Full Version : 07 megane vibration

justy22
3rd June, 2011, 02:00 AM
just got an 07 megane drives fine apart from when hitting around 50 mph and accelaration feel a vibration from the front goes away when you take foot of accel, so basically only when under power at aroung 50 mph

any help please

vuno01
3rd June, 2011, 03:49 AM
bro check
*the engine mounts
*the tyre quality
*the disk brakes to see if they are bend
*the transmission shafts
apart from that there is nothing else that could vibrate
for the engine mounts it must be a visual inspection.
for the tyres you change the front to the back.
for the disk brakes just drive your car and then brake gently if you hear a noyse like schk...schk...schk
what i mean is that if the noise its not continuos
it might be that
and for the transmition shafts is another visual inspection
but you will need an elevator so you can run you car while checking underneath.
Hope it helps and good luck bro

obd.tech
3rd June, 2011, 03:05 PM
had this before...
tyres or driveshafts.....check em out

Liteace
3rd June, 2011, 03:21 PM
Yep agree with above post, it got to be a transmission problem if it only does it when underload, could be cv joint(s), how many miles has it done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherl645
3rd June, 2011, 04:36 PM
Or a bent wheel?

justy22
3rd June, 2011, 04:55 PM
its got me thinking its a cv joint as its only under load

Meat-Head
3rd June, 2011, 06:44 PM
how many miles has it done ?

Liteace mate, when you are dealing with Justy22, you need to ask a question
of that type of nature, slightly differently :roflmao: (do a past search of his threads/posts :roflmao:)

Justy22 - How many miles DID it have on the clock, will hopefully help
decide which part has worn out, due to milage :roflmao:

You could always try swapping front/back wheels over see if makes it worse, or fit spare

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/81877-meat-head/albums/just-testing-see-if-works/4967-cafe-correction.jpg

justy22
3rd June, 2011, 10:30 PM
OMG its my stalker back, i'm calling the serious crime squad right now

Liteace mate, when you are dealing with Justy22, you need to ask a question
of that type of nature, slightly differently :roflmao: (do a past search of his threads/posts :roflmao:)

Justy22 - How many miles DID it have on the clock, will hopefully help
decide which part has worn out, due to milage :roflmao:

You could always try swapping front/back wheels over see if makes it worse, or fit spare

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/81877-meat-head/albums/just-testing-see-if-works/4967-cafe-correction.jpg

Meat-Head
4th June, 2011, 08:56 AM
OMG its my stalker back, i'm calling the serious crime squad right now

~~~~ING HELL! I'll call 'trading standards - vechile's with in-correct milage deptment'.

OFF TOPIC:-

Just seems strange as 'two years' :roflmao::roflmao: of working in the automotive
sector, only ever come across handfull of vechiles that need digital speedos that need altering. Couple of renos - with the speedo that dies - fair cop then 'a couple' of faulty speedo heads.

Like the pug we had other week, battery gone bsi wiped, programmed it
milage displayed on clock - not 000000 - must have been correct - nothing was mentioned!

Meat.

justy22
4th June, 2011, 01:28 PM
The customer is always right if he says he fitted a new speedo and wants the mileage changed, if he asked at meaty motors then he would get pinned against the wall and gut punched

~~~~ING HELL! I'll call 'trading standards - vechile's with in-correct milage deptment'.

OFF TOPIC:-

Just seems strange as 'two years' :roflmao::roflmao: of working in the automotive
sector, only ever come across handfull of vechiles that need digital speedos that need altering. Couple of renos - with the speedo that dies - fair cop then 'a couple' of faulty speedo heads.

Like the pug we had other week, battery gone bsi wiped, programmed it
milage displayed on clock - not 000000 - must have been correct - nothing was mentioned!

Meat.

gregk
14th June, 2011, 05:28 PM
just got an 07 megane drives fine apart from when hitting around 50 mph and accelaration feel a vibration from the front goes away when you take foot of accel, so basically only when under power at aroung 50 mph

any help please

Not sure if you got to the bottom of it but apparently renault [ scenic/megane] suffer with diff bearings If you Pull N/S shaft out of gear box you'll see a wear/burr on the slider part inside the gear box that is what is coursing vibration. If memory serves me right it happens when you accelerate from 50mph and you can feel it thru steering wheel . Do a search on renault uk forums I'm sure thats where I came across above info.

justy22
14th June, 2011, 08:44 PM
Not sure if you got to the bottom of it but apparently renault [ scenic/megane] suffer with diff bearings If you Pull N/S shaft out of gear box you'll see a wear/burr on the slider part inside the gear box that is what is coursing vibration. If memory serves me right it happens when you accelerate from 50mph and you can feel it thru steering wheel . Do a search on renault uk forums I'm sure thats where I came across above info.

never heard of that one, found out it was worn cv joints got 2 brand new from a internet order 2x new drives shafts with new CV Joints, ?130 delivered j & r cv joints amazing service

Liteace
14th June, 2011, 09:37 PM
never heard of that one, found out it was worn cv joints got 2 brand new from a internet order 2x new drives shafts with new CV Joints, ?130 delivered j & r cv joints amazing service

Ive never heard of that either and this place is full of Renauts, did the new drive shafts sort it ?

Meat-Head
14th June, 2011, 11:03 PM
2x new drives shafts with new CV Joints, ?130 delivered j & r cv joints amazing service

just a shame they don't store milage, otherwise you could see if there been IN-corrected :roflmao::roflmao:

gregk
15th June, 2011, 10:58 PM
Just tried to find any of the original info regarding output bearing. And the only one I can find is relating to Laguna. I'm sure when I originally came across this it was relating to Scenic and I saw few post with that problem. Unless I dreamt it up . Below is a part of the thread as I'm not sure I can to link to another forum.

Laguna MK1 2.0L 16V 2000 Estate 115000 miles

I had started to feel a vibration between 45 - 55 MPH. I thought that it was a wheel balance problem but noted that:-

I swapped the wheels front to back - Still there.
Its like a side to side shaking. I can almost see the nose twitch. Whereas wheel balancing is more up/down.
Can't feel it through the steering wheel.
It only happens while power is on. It increases with added power. I THINK that the car tries to slow down while the shake is on. Coast or brake and it goes away.
I can't feel excessive play though the steering wheel or in the wheels when I jack it up. Tyre pressures are good. No wear pattern. No slack in the driveshafts or droplinks.

Actual Cause:-
The left hand driveshaft locates into an output bearing. The case hardened surfaces had worn and broken up in such a way that the bearing in the shaft locked into it under power (wear patch 6mm wide 1.5mm deep). When combined with the angle of the shaft, the rotation worked the bearing like a cam - pushing and pulling it, and the engine that it was attached to!. That speed corresponds to the resonant frequency of the engine and box on the rubber mounts.

The debris was noticable in the CV boot. If it had got worse the debris would have totalled the gearbox. New bearing ?86, oil ?25, new drive shaft nut ?1.50, not having to worry about the driveshaft tearing abart at 50MPH - priceless http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/images/smilies/cool.gif

Xram
16th June, 2011, 01:13 AM
Sounds about right however due to speed and rpm the only way this (in my opinion ) would have an effect would be if it only happened once or twice.....first time both the box and shaft ware at the same rate second time both the box and shaft synchronise at the same speed.. so every time the vehicle hits said speed it wont happen as gearbox and shaft will never ware at the same rate........ (~~~~ I wasted post 400 on this pish??? )

justy22
16th June, 2011, 05:03 PM
Ive never heard of that either and this place is full of Renauts, did the new drive shafts sort it ?

the new shafts worked a treat, i think the scare story about the worn bearings in the diff could be the stealer doing what he does best and steals