PDA

View Full Version : bdm100 PSA edc16c34 reading problems

eugen8
4th June, 2011, 04:12 PM
I tryed few times to conect to edc16c34 ecu from a 2008 citroen c4 picasso but without succes...my cloned cmd bdm100 is ok,I made few ecus from vag group and bmw without problems...maybe I'm doing something wrong?I used connections from atached picture but always ''communication error...and so on''...please help with an advise.P.S.ecu work well on car

bazare
4th June, 2011, 06:41 PM
I've done that ecu before by bdm100 all OK. Are you sure all connections are OK and BDM has 12V adapter connected?

eugen8
4th June, 2011, 06:47 PM
I've done that ecu before by bdm100 all OK. Are you sure all connections are OK and BDM has 12V adapter connected?
sure mate...you did it like shown in picture?thanks for replie

alexs307
5th June, 2011, 10:26 PM
I had a problem once with an identical ecu. Fortunately for me I managed to read full ecu content. After modifying the flash, I started writing back, but writing process freezed below 100% line. Tried about 50times to rewrite it, no success. Fortunately I had a similar spare ecu, so I just wrote the content read from the other into this one and the customer went away, with another ecu, indeed, but this was my secret.

This happened 6months ago. A week ago I had a car with a similar ecu available for some testing. I read the ecu content and tried to write it again in the old broken ecu 6months ago. Smoke started to come out from the PCB during writing process and I stopped it. I heated the PCB with a hot air gun, added extra flux on all the soldering points around the BDM port, tried again and succedeed in writing. I installed the ex-broken ecu on the car and it is running OK! So it seems this ecu had a problem with the programming lines from BDM port to other components since it left the factory.