PDA

View Full Version : HTC Incredible

RSwire
4th June, 2011, 06:04 PM
Great new section, I was wondering if any one knowes howto "root" an incredible. I want to remove alot of apps that came preinstalled on the fone(facebook, twitter, stocks and crap like that). I need and idiots guide:laugh:, and I dont want to screw the thing up. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

mickydibble
4th June, 2011, 06:30 PM
Great new section, I was wondering if any one knowes howto "root" an incredible. I want to remove alot of apps that came preinstalled on the fone(facebook, twitter, stocks and crap like that). I need and idiots guide:laugh:, and I dont want to screw the thing up. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

is it the 1/2 ,are u on android 2.2 ,could have a look here m8 How To: Root the HTC Incredible (Unrevoked Method) Updated 09.20.10! | TheUnlockr (http://theunlockr.com/2010/07/26/how-to-root-the-htc-incredible-unrevoked-method/)

RSwire
5th June, 2011, 03:04 AM
Thanks sooooo much, it worked awsome. I got root access and uninstalled all the crap system apps. Easier than I thought, done in mins.

ITS A SCAM !
5th June, 2011, 09:31 AM
Well done mate, you are lucky there then...The new HTC wildfire running 2.2 will not allow you to get into root, Unrevoked does not currently support this. HTC have announced that all future phones will have the bootloader unlocked, so flashing firmware will be made a lot easier for those HTC owners out there. I wonder if there will be a software update released by HTC that will allow all existing phones the option of 3rd party firmware ??

http://www.pocketpicks.co.uk/index.php/2011/05/27/htc-drops-bootloader-lock-policy/

Devilfish
5th June, 2011, 09:51 AM
It would be good if we had some good guides of our own to link to instead of linking to othe sites. ;)

mickydibble
5th June, 2011, 12:00 PM
Of course your right DF ;)

andrew089
16th June, 2011, 08:31 AM
I like HTC

mickydibble
16th June, 2011, 02:42 PM
I like HTC

WEll that helps, nothing constructive to say? don't say anything!

2p2swe
19th July, 2011, 08:31 PM
hI, what about xda developers... I found there solution for my htc incredible S